90 day reporting - experience today...

Hi, went today to Immigration Office - Jomtien for my 90 day reporting. All very smooth although it was crowded even during the early hours. Was surprised when there were two of us being processed by the same officer at the SAME TIME. He placed our documents and passports together in front of him, completed the application forms (part at the bottom), tore them off and stapled them as always in our passports and handed the passports back to us and "adios". I'm positive that he did not look at any of the documents (other than the application form) we submitted although he kept everything. So am curious to know what gives or did I miss something? Am not complaining, mind you...Just curious....

For 90 day report there are no documents required other than the form and your passport.

I also did mine today and handed them the form and passport, no problem. (Lopburi)

I normally get a form to take home to fill in for the next report but this time they did not have any and said that they will now print a form from the computer, I wait to see how this works next time.

All of the instructions say that you need to have copies of your passport including copies of the arrival/departure card, visa and extensions, etc., as well as proof of your residence. All of this I had with me and handed it to him...Maybe things have changed but none of the instructions (i.e., immigration website) have been updated. I'm looking forward to the day that all of this can be done by the internet.

Only two at the same time ? A couple of times I've been there during the rush hour some agent comes with a huge pile and they go into manic overdrive. Must be at least 50 stamps/sec.

Last time I went (I think it was October) it was some trainee on the other side of the counter. She didn't bother even looking at my usual stack of copies, just wrote my name on the piece she attached to my passport and put in the day stamp. I think it was a record for me, about 3mins door-to-door.

For 90 day report there are no documents required other than the form and your passport.

I also did mine today and handed them the form and passport, no problem. (Lopburi)

I normally get a form to take home to fill in for the next report but this time they did not have any and said that they will now print a form from the computer, I wait to see how this works next time.

"For 90 day report there are no documents required other than the form and your passport."

Obviously it depends on the office.

At Jomtien you need to have photocopies of the main passport page, current extension page, arrival card and something used as proof of address.

If you get the officer at the computer terminal, she doesn't keep the photocopies, but when I asked her about bringing them next time, she said I should because the other officers (without the computer terminal) would want them.

Sometimes they check them, but often not. The lady using the computer confirmed that the address was the same as before. I suppose some intern will do some cursory check when they are filed.

Edited by Suradit69

All of the instructions say that you need to have copies of your passport including copies of the arrival/departure card, visa and extensions, etc., as well as proof of your residence. All of this I had with me and handed it to him...Maybe things have changed but none of the instructions (i.e., immigration website) have been updated. I'm looking forward to the day that all of this can be done by the internet.

I'm looking forward to the day when it doesn't need to be done at all.

I have been using the electronic form for years. Each ninety days all I have to do is change the date, the month and the year, all done in less than a minute. You do of course need to have the right software for this to work.

TM47 (90 days) Reporting.pdf

• Like 1

Same here. Yesterday did the 90 day report. No forms no paperwork. Handed over my passport. With address and phone number on a piece of paper and the computer printed out all the forms. I signed the bottom and that was it.

Very pleasant and easy.

• Like 1

Same here. Yesterday did the 90 day report. No forms no paperwork. Handed over my passport. With address and phone number on a piece of paper and the computer printed out all the forms. I signed the bottom and that was it.

Very pleasant and easy.

In Jomthien, Pattaya ? Getting rid of the piles of paper would be an advancement, getting the whole thing online a wet dream.

• Like 1

I do my 90 day reporting at Chiang Rai immigration located in Mae Sai. For the last 2 trips I have only handed over my passport. He enters the passport number and a new form in printed out and stapled in my passport.

Looks like that's what will happen next time.

Wonder if they will be able to do the same sort of thing with visa extension, will see next month when I have to do mine.

I have been using the electronic form for years. Each ninety days all I have to do is change the date, the month and the year, all done in less than a minute. You do of course need to have the right software for this to work.

What software do you use?

What software do you use?

MS Word works with the downloaded forms