thb falling vs other currencies

ultimate weapon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussie $ has fallen some 15% v's the us$ (and other currencies in general) as well in the past year ... not only the Thai baht dropping vs the us$ & other currencies ... just saying whistling.gif

Edited by buzz

Yeah, the Aussie Peso is cushioning the Thai Bahts fall, so bummer to bringing money in from Aus. Lucky I'm being paid in greenbacks at the moment,straight into my Thai bank account. But it was only 12 months ago I was buying $US with $AUD, so there isn't any stability in any of the currency's..well maybe the Swiss Franc

The dollar rose only 2 bht

the euro rose about 5 bht

why is the dollar not moving like eu or pound ?

US dollar was under 29 and now almost 33 so depending on your

point of reference about 4 baht and still strengthening.

Well, mainly because you have to look at the % in each case. If both the dollar and euro gained, say 33 baht it would mean that the usd doubled it's strength while the euro didn't. So the weaker currencies (usd) can not rise as much as the stronger (euro, pound) if you look at the amount of baht.

Of course I'm assuming here that the relative strengths of usd and euro is constant, which is not always true.

US dollar was under 29 and now almost 33 so depending on your

point of reference about 4 baht and still strengthening.

You are comparing apples and oranges. You need to evaluate the moves as a percentage of the currency in question vs. number of baht changes. I suspect when measured as percentage changes, those changes will be closer to each other.

Yee haw!!!

Good the Baht is over valued...with political unrest hope the baht become less value..Oh yes will now buy my Forza...seems I can buy 12,000 less from the monopoly dealership here in Pattaya... no use having my 800K loosing its value...great keep up the political unrest...keep the fast food to those whom are more interested in feeding their faces and not looking at the value of what they eat...fast food fast obesity..keep to making my own meals and Loving it!