Walking cash machine?

giantfridge

I'm a 26yo Aussie guy living in chiang mai with my thai girlfriend, she is from quite a well off family and I'm an electrician in Australia, so we both dress nice but seriously, I get hassled so much everytime I leave her house alone by people wanting money, even venders seem to put on a 'farang' pricing system for me, even with my basic thai it doesn't seem to change much for me, am I destined to forever stand out like a sore thumb or am I just going to have to treat everyone like a *** so they don't rip me off?

Edited by sbk

It's a pain, after next year I'm going to be living here permanently. It's really put a damper on my thai experience, everyone thinks I'm some cashed up sex hound.

Naah-I,ve seen you out and about and sex hound you aint cheesy.gif

It's a pain, after next year I'm going to be living here permanently. It's really put a damper on my thai experience, everyone thinks I'm some cashed up sex hound.

Poor poor you!!passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gipassifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gipassifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

Thailand can indeed be a very dangerous place!!w00t.gif

Maybe better wait until you qualify for a retirement visa??

Thailand isn't really the land of smiles it seems

It is, it is...

But you have to understand the rules to play:

They ask for money, and YOU smile on it, and pretend not to understand, and leave it at that.

As for double pricing: learn the right prices, and offer to pay that. and only that.

Just get used to the fact that you are a foreigner who is rich and therefore should give them your money because they are poor - regardless of how rich they are. It comes with the territory.

And not forgetting young and extremely good looking that wows theThai ladies who want mad passionate sex with successful farang..All for free of course....coffee1.gif

Oh to be young again....coffee1.gif