SIA to cancel 19 flights as travellers avoid Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friend did takea flight from Europe to Bangkok last week. The plane was completely full because it was shared between 3 different airlines, otherwise it would have nearly empty.

BKK is not the final destination for many international flights arriving at Swampy. Many carry passenger traveling to other destinations and also take on more passengers at BKK for another leg of the journey. SIA's decision is purely economic while reatining their arrival and departure slots.

SIA to cancel 19 flights as travellers avoid Bangkok

Okay, so that means "Shut down Singaporeans for not coming to Bangkok in the future then.... Screw the Singaporeans, the nasty, nasty Singaporeans and with them all the nasty nasty Falang...."clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

This will hit Maggie Choos very hard, they rely on the young rich singa bwankas

A fast reaction to yesterday's statement by protesters, that they are not going to close any airports.

Travellers well know, that it might be no so.

Once the xmass/new year holidays finish and tourists are gone, the other airlines will soon realise, that flying empty doesn't make sense.

As to economic elits of thailand, they well know, that closing airports for a short time, will profit them in long terms, when they gain full political controll. Thats why they supported airports occupations in 2008 and why they are supporting current protests

Love these conspiracy theorists.

Won't be long and they will b e saying the anunnaki are behind it all.wai2.gif

According to TAT, SIA are cancelling 10% of their flights to BKK, but the 90% still arriving are all carrying about 15% more passengers!!

So it is in reality yet another increase!!whistling.gif

They are not coming to Pattaya.

Its like the low season here now.

Good news is you can park along 2nd rd now.

And even beach rd.

Another 4 weeks and some business owners will start to pull their hair out , if their not already.

Look at all the un-rented motorbikes ialong beach rd.

a friend did takea flight from Europe to Bangkok last week. The plane was completely full because it was shared between 3 different airlines, otherwise it would have nearly empty.

It is called "code sharing", and that is what all major airlines except Low cost carriers do. Nothing new here.

All foreign airlines should follow suit as their own protest to the stupidity of the Thai protests. Take away the pacifiers until the babies stop crying.

United airlines from the USA already announced that they will cancel all operations to Bangkok.

That was a corporate decision on fleet realignment made several months ago. It is planned to take place in March and has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current situation. United have been code-sharing the bulk of their Bangkok bound flights with ANA for years already and the United branded 747 at Suvarnabhumi was getting harder to spot anyway,

Right. So in conclusion, United will cancel all Bangkok operations.

All foreign airlines should follow suit as their own protest to the stupidity of the Thai protests. Take away the pacifiers until the babies stop crying.

United airlines from the USA already announced that they will cancel all operations to Bangkok.

That was a corporate decision on fleet realignment made several months ago. It is planned to take place in March and has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current situation. United have been code-sharing the bulk of their Bangkok bound flights with ANA for years already and the United branded 747 at Suvarnabhumi was getting harder to spot anyway,

Right. So in conclusion, United will cancel all Bangkok operations.

Well if they aren't going to be flying here any more, they would be silly to keep staff and an office wouldn't they?

Sorry if I was a bit obscure.

Now, what's your point again?

Why so much fuss about less flights from Singapore. You should count your blessings! Most are budgets travellers who only frequent Chatuchak Market, Pratunam and maybe MBK and stay at budget hotels. Most of them are also what we would call "Ah Bengs" or the lower strata Chinese educated Singaporeans who would frequent the sex spots (not necessarily spending money) or most of them are also involved in illicit activities like prostitution, human ttafficking, football gambling etc.

The local thai media and authorities should stop making a fuss about this flight cancellations (only 19!).

Want to focus on something more important......look ar AIS (co-owned by Singaporean Singtel) whose services have become more bad recently and signal dropping or also look at taxing higher end Singaporeans who are buying up condos in bangkok for investment purposes making it difficiult for middle class thais to buy properties in bangkok or also look at many Singaporeans working illegally in Thailand and get away by the 30 day free visa on arrival.

otherwise known a 'code share', which has been done for yonks now.

I think we can assume that since there is such a strong anti-foreign sentiment that there aren't many of the protesters are in the tourism sector.

With respect Credo, I don't quite follow what you're saying here. Who is strongly anti-foreign? and "aren't many (of the) protesters (are) in the tourism sector?"

The only thing Thais understand is money. Eventually, it will sink in.

Funny thing, Americans too understand money, BUT Americans do not have the courage the Thais have. Americans prefere to sit at home and let an illegal become dictator and destroy the country. So no flights have to be cancelled to the US

well that comment seems foolhardy. Who is the dictator and who is the illegal in control of where?????

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

semantics. who cares where he is from.........lol. what is important is he is a commie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if romney were prez. usa might be up to 40 baht again.

Edited by oogster8

Thai says' Friends eat together and friends die together 'are not the same friends eat together only with you when in happy time only will left you when the situation are bad or in trouble. A best friend will die together with you, stand beside you all the way in good time or bad time.

I still remember during Thai sending candidate as secretary general to United Nation, Singapore too sending another candidate to contest.

Edited by Bkungbank

Want to focus on something more important......look ar AIS (co-owned by Singaporean Singtel) whose services have become more bad recently and signal dropping or also look at taxing higher end Singaporeans who are buying up condos in bangkok for investment purposes making it difficiult for middle class thais to buy properties in bangkok or also look at many Singaporeans working illegally in Thailand and get away by the 30 day free visa on arrival.

What kind of 'illegal' work are they carrying out?

I think we can assume that since there is such a strong anti-foreign sentiment that there aren't many of the protesters are in the tourism sector.

With respect Credo, I don't quite follow what you're saying here. Who is strongly anti-foreign? and "aren't many (of the) protesters (are) in the tourism sector?"

I don't quite understand the point either . . . I didn't realise there was an anti-foreigner element in these protests - haven't the coup-apologists always maintained that it is for the betterment of society at large to throw the country into chaos yet again?

Why so much fuss about less flights from Singapore. You should count your blessings! Most are budgets travellers who only frequent Chatuchak Market, Pratunam and maybe MBK and stay at budget hotels. Most of them are also what we would call "Ah Bengs" or the lower strata Chinese educated Singaporeans who would frequent the sex spots (not necessarily spending money) or most of them are also involved in illicit activities like prostitution, human ttafficking, football gambling etc.

The local thai media and authorities should stop making a fuss about this flight cancellations (only 19!).

All I can read is a massive chip on the poster's shoulder against Singaporeans . . . throwing out all kinds of nasty slurs without substantiation.

How about showing us what you say has ANY foundation . . .

• Like 1

I just booked a ticket from DC to CNX using frequent flyer miles with Star Alliance for February. I've never seen a better selection of free flights. Every day in Feb, there were Saver Tickets available. Hopefully the FRA-BKK segment WILL BE EMPTY. Never seen the Thais shoot themselves in the feet before (LOL).

You can book a Jetstar flight from Singapore to Bangkok to fly tomorrow for only 104SD, taxes included, including 10kg carry on baggage. I haven't seen tickets this low the day before traveling too often. Over the next two weeks they have tickets as low as $84 all up.

like the protesters will give a rat's ass about this. Suthep even less so. YL? She won't give a monkey's either. Pointless drivel as the only people losing here are SG airlines, passengers will go with other companies and as said in the article, alternative destinations such as Phuket which is fantastic for businesses in Phuket. At least it brightens the day up in comparison to reading about stabbings and gun fights and old geezers getting beaten up by teenage gangs

I respectfully disagree with above. I am friend's with about a dozen folks who regally fly SQ, these tend to avoid other airlines. Downgrading from 5 to 4 flights a day may mean a bit of a wait in Changie that is really no problem. SQ flying with higher load factors and deploying the machine into other markets will probably make them money.

like the protesters will give a rat's ass about this. Suthep even less so. YL? She won't give a monkey's either. Pointless drivel as the only people losing here are SG airlines, passengers will go with other companies and as said in the article, alternative destinations such as Phuket which is fantastic for businesses in Phuket. At least it brightens the day up in comparison to reading about stabbings and gun fights and old geezers getting beaten up by teenage gangs

I respectfully disagree with above. I am friend's with about a dozen folks who regally fly SQ, these tend to avoid other airlines. Downgrading from 5 to 4 flights a day may mean a bit of a wait in Changie that is really no problem. SQ flying with higher load factors and deploying the machine into other markets will probably make them money.

Dorry, but respectfully, your point is what? Must be nice to have "regal" friends though?

The only thing Thais understand is money. Eventually, it will sink in.

Sadly, the current caretaker Government have more important things to do, like bringing back the convicted criminal fugitive from Dubai.

They don't give a toss about most people.

According to TAT, SIA are cancelling 10% of their flights to BKK, but the 90% still arriving are all carrying about 15% more passengers!!

So far you're the only one stating SIA is actually carrying more passengers in spite of cancelling 10% of its flights. Where did you get that knowledge? Edited by EricBerg

So far you're the only one stating SIA is actually carrying more passengers in spite of cancelling 10% of its flights. Where did you get that knowledge?

I think he was being facetious

When the protests started i began to see quite a few Thais at my hotel in SG for the first time in 5 months.

Upon returning to BKK near the end of the year on SG airlines there were quite a few empty seats.

My BKK hotel was saying they were at 70% capacity, while normally would be almost full at this time of year.

BTW I live in Koh Chang, occupancy rates are way down on last year. Congrats Yingluck.

I think you meant to say a big " wai and thank you" to Suthep and the rather badly named Dems........

Yes???

One tends to be blind when one is . . . blind