Nail fungus laser treatment in BKK?

ByblosYuNaiSoi

Hello and Happy New Year,

A friend is coming here from USA, and wants to get laser treatment for stubborn nail fungus. Does anybody know who might do this in Bangkok? If not, can you give me an idea of how to research? Online searches have yielded basically nothing on this specific topic, except a list of comprehensive hospitals. A simple clinic would do the trick, if they do the procedure. He will be staying in Sathorn, so proximity would be nice.

Thanks in advance,

PSM

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, balo said:

Does anyone know what works best for nail fungus ? Someone suggested Sporanox  200mg but I read online it has a lot of side effects. 

It does and would have to be taken for quite a long time (months). So medical supervision is important.

teh laternative is topical tretament, it can work if done right but takes many months.

Loprox solution or Loceryl. Loceryl can only be gotten from hospitals for some reason, Loprox is OTC.

Topical treatment works better if the nail is first thinned which a podiatrist can do (they sort of file it down, painless).

Whatever you do, the following measures are important:

1 - Do not wear closed toe shoes or socks. Fungus thrives in dark moist environment., Wear som type of open toed sandal.

After each shower, and also if you can in between showers, soak the nails in vinegar (plain white vinegar is OK) and pat dry leaving some on the skin and nails. Acidic environments help control fungus.

Topical medication plus the above 2 measures will work in most cases but it will take many, many months.

Usual treatment is to apply a topical antifungal

• Like 1

Can you buy Vicks balm in Thailand ?  

Anyway I will start with the vinegar treatment as Sheryl mentioned.

The reason I ended up with fungus is probably becase of my weekly exercise when I use shoes and socks. I also hit my toe a year ago so maybe the nail was infected and now a year after I got this problem.

Edited by balo