Number of Thai teen mums second highest within Asean

Lite Beer

Perhaps not all Thai men are boozers, but it's rare to find any Thai man (at a party, for example) who will decline an offer of beer or booze.

More than a few times, I've had conversations with attractive Thai women, and asked the question: "Why don't you simply go to your village and find a nice young man, about your age, and make a family?" Nineteen out of twenty times, the answer will be something like: "I won't, because all the men in my village drink too much."

Maybe I hang with a bad crowd, but well over half the Asian women I've gotten to know (out of dozens) have either been raped or date-raped before their 18th birthday (sometimes as young as 14, and sometimes by a father or brother or even a grandfather!). Do I have a crappy attitude about that phenomena? Yes. Girls should be safe and enjoy their girlhood. I would love for all the girls who have been raped or date-raped - to take legal proceedings against the rapists, but that's impossible in a country like Thailand. With very few exception, all those rapes involved alcohol, so if you believe (as I do) that alcohol is a drug, then they could also be called drug-related crimes. By any yardstick, alcohol is the most dangerous drug in Thailand (and the world), and it's particularly galling that the #1 anti-drug crime fighter in Thailand is an alcoholic.

Can't Yingluck find someone to head her anti-drugs policy who is a non-alcohol drinker? No, she can't, And that brings us back to the initial premise that 'essentially all Thai men are boozers.'

father was sending his daughter to pattaya for money for the family...and he done the deed on her..he said i wanted to do that before a falang did..sick or what

Boomerangutang, Thailand has now the honour of top Asian country for alcohol. Wonder what it's world position is.????

I don't know. How do Thais stack up, re; alcohol abuse, compared to, for example

>>>> aboriginals in Assie outback?

>>>> Native Americans on their reservations?

>>>> Russkies on their icy roads?

Maybe it's another 'hub' for Thailand.

Look up the other topic--Thailand top of alcohol consumption in Asia. this morning topic.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images