20 Year Old Swedish Woman claims sexual assault by Thai Musician

Rimmer

Just wonder what language the SMS message was in?

As I assume her 1st language is Swedish and his is Thai, so if he wrote in Thai did she and her farther translate it wrong?

If it is in Swedish did he translate it wrong?

And if it is in English, well that is open to all sorts of misinterpretations...

If it is not in Thai then it will need to be translated to Thai, again both sides will disagree on the actual translation.

I can see it not being admissible evidence in court.

I have to say no one is guilty until proven, and unless they can find traces of "rape drugs" in her system this is going to be a hard one to prove.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What in hell is a supposily not prostitute swedish girl doing on the huntingground of men, stay

home lady and do not go to Walking street and it´s bars... It is not for you.....

I think they are just stupid these western girls sitting in bars, LOOKING, photographing and making videos to take home to

i.e. Sweden and on parties sitting there critizising the men that "got away"......

Glegolo

I had to think my response through as I had similar thoughts when I would see western girls around the area, however, it is no excuse for this period. In regards to this incident, let's see what transpires.

Poor family.

The Thai man's text is weird, almost as if he thought it was consensual unless he felt guilt. Dunno, not there or know the real details.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

Who knows what happened? It would seem, at the very least, a man took advantage of a girl in an inebriated state.

But I can tell you one thing, drinking to excess, leads to more sorrow and misery and people hurting and harming one another than pretty much anything else.

Virtually every crime reported here involves alcohol as a major contributing factor.

It is unclear what happened here, as this not official reporting.

Did he drug her or did he just brag about having sex with her?

Swedish Laws - No Condom = Rape - Consensual or Not - Just ask Assange.

Just a matter of time before the law reaches these shores. Just like the drug laws, drinking and driving, smoking in public etc.

How do you make babies in Sweden ?

This is a terrible situation and hopefully the musician will get his just deserts

I believe that in the Assange case the allegation was that the woman had consented to sex with a condom. He was aware the that Condom had broken and continued. That is he had unprotected sex without consent.

Yes! That is exactly it. And the charge would be rape.

Maybe person living in Sweden 30 yrs is not familiar with absurdity of this Swedish law. Whatever it was, rape it was not. But the charge in this case is rape.

And the moment Assange steps on Swedish soil, he arrested and extradited to US, Assange has sayd in interviews he is aware there is a US Grand Jury sealed indictment, espionage charges, just what Chelsea Manning was charged with.

Too many inconsistensies in this story for my liking. Why would the man involved sms his 'victim' that he had had sexual relations with her unless it was some kind of'macho' statement he was making, particularly as he was on good terms with the woman's father

Unfortunately the kind of forensic evidence that would have helped prove the allegation was probably not taken by the Thai police, as it would have been in most Western countries

There is no proof that the woman had sex at all on the night in question

What constitutes rape varies considerably from country to country. If I was living in Sweden I would be a serial rapist by the sound of it if failing to wear protection is tantamount to rape.

Very surprised that nearly everyone involved is thrust into the public domain by the authorities and the media. If my daughter came to me saying that she had been raped I would insist on confidentiality throughout the investigation. I would also request that the identity of the alleged attacker was also kept confidential until sufficient evidence was available that meant he could be charged

seems a little odd...sms /if he sent her a text message most likely it was in thai...so i doubt if she would no what it means...so who checked the message to confirm what was sent...

how many thai musicians can write english..speak issan yes...but write english with words about sex..doubtful...

This is I think the third swedish female that has been raped in either pattaya or phuket. what's with these women? are they so gulliable tghat they trust anyone? and the father? what kind of father lets his 20 year old daughter out by herself in pattaya? they will never learn!

What kind of father, you ask? Any good father.

This is I think the third swedish female that has been raped in either pattaya or phuket. what's with these women? are they so gulliable tghat they trust anyone? and the father? what kind of father lets his 20 year old daughter out by herself in pattaya? they will never learn!

What kind of father, you ask? Any good father.

thai man persuades. her she trust him..he has other thoughts... a thai man on drink is a sexual predator...seen it so many times in the village...dog on heat comes to mind

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed

Just a matter of time before the law reaches these shores. Just like the drug laws, drinking and driving, smoking in public etc.

I'm surprised how the Swedish are able to reproduce then

Never heard about this law.

Nobody had heard about this strange law in Sweden, until Assange was wanted for questioning, this came as a surprise to most of world.

Everything in Sweden is strictly regulated. Sweden was the 1st country in the world to pass a law, forbidding you smoking on the balcony of your own apartment, that was about 20 years ago.

It wont take long, before law in Sweden will control how many breaths you can take in one minute. It is surprising, Sweden hasn't regulated this already, an obvious oversight by bureaucrats in Stockholm.

• Like 1

I'm surprised how the Swedish are able to reproduce then

Never heard about this law.

Nobody had heard about this strange law in Sweden, until Assange was wanted for questioning, this came as a surprise to most of world.

Everything in Sweden is strictly regulated. Sweden was the 1st country in the world to pass a law, forbidding you smoking on the balcony of your own apartment, that was about 20 years ago.

It wont take long, before law in Sweden will control how many breaths you can take in one minute. It is surprising, Sweden hasn't regulated this already, an obvious oversight by bureaucrats in Stockholm.

BS,No such laws

How do you make babies in Sweden ?

This is a terrible situation and hopefully the musician will get his just deserts

I believe that in the Assange case the allegation was that the woman had consented to sex with a condom. He was aware the that Condom had broken and continued. That is he had unprotected sex without consent.

Yes! That is exactly it. And the charge would be rape.

Maybe person living in Sweden 30 yrs is not familiar with absurdity of this Swedish law. Whatever it was, rape it was not. But the charge in this case is rape.

And the moment Assange steps on Swedish soil, he arrested and extradited to US, Assange has sayd in interviews he is aware there is a US Grand Jury sealed indictment, espionage charges, just what Chelsea Manning was charged with.

"Swedish Laws - No Condom = Rape"

"Maybe person living in Sweden 30 yrs is not familiar with absurdity of this Swedish law"

And again, no such law.

What in hell is a supposily not prostitute swedish girl doing on the huntingground of men, stay

home lady and do not go to Walking street and it´s bars... It is not for you.....

I think they are just stupid these western girls sitting in bars, LOOKING, photographing and making videos to take home to

i.e. Sweden and on parties sitting there critizising the men that "got away"......

Glegolo

Last I heard people were free to enjoy themselves anywhere in Thailand. The fact that we have perverts out there isn't their fault and why are you blaming them anyway.

Granted, a woman getting inebriated in any situation and has no friend to watch her back is not wise, anywhere.

I see the apologist conspiracy theorists are already crawling out of the woodwork.

Sex without consent is RAPE! I am sure she has the sms message to prove this.

Please use the facts instead of cherry picking and deliberately omitting details. Her father may be a TVF member.

Where are you getting your 'facts' from?

The SMS message said 'he had sex with her', but does not, as far as we know, admit to rape.

Who knows what happened and whether she consented or not, prior.

And in the sober light of later in the day thought differently, or simply cannot remember.

Neither party should be found guilty based on what is in a Thai English language paper.

It has not even been confirmed that she had sex yet!

I am a father and i teach my children both boys and girls, to always be responsible and not put themselves in vulnerable positions.

Women in particular are oblivious to the dangers of the world, and insist that they have every right to put themselves in vulnerable situations and when bad things happen, they cannot and must not be held responsible for that.

seems a little odd...sms /if he sent her a text message most likely it was in thai...so i doubt if she would no what it means...so who checked the message to confirm what was sent...

how many thai musicians can write english..speak issan yes...but write english with words about sex..doubtful...

Seeing as some of them can sign in English and Russian, your theory is a little simplistic.

I see the apologist conspiracy theorists are already crawling out of the woodwork.

Please use the facts instead of cherry picking and deliberately omitting details. Her father may be a TVF member.

False rape claims totally destroy mens' lives. After 40 years of feminist hate laws in the west, women can make false claims and there is no punishment for doing this.

The reasons for false rape claims are many.

Who knows what happened? It would seem, at the very least, a man took advantage of a girl in an inebriated state.

But I can tell you one thing, drinking to excess, leads to more sorrow and misery and people hurting and harming one another than pretty much anything else.

Virtually every crime reported here involves alcohol as a major contributing factor.

An important point is that if the woman does not readily agree, it is rape.

However, there have been cases in the US where witnesses saw a woman taking an active part in sexual acts, yet the following morning she did not remember and charged 'RAPE'.

Alcohol is a problem in this respect, as is human physiology i.e. right brain vs left brain. Drunkeness allows the emotional side to overrule the logical (rule following) side.

Personal observations: a person verbally refusing a delicious snack, with right hand held up to stop the offer, while the left hand reached out and took one.

A passionate young lady pushing her suitor away from an embrace, with her right hand, while unbuttoning her blouse with her left hand - definitely mixed signals.

I will not "speculate" any more on things here after reading the poor farang guy who was charged and sentenced to prison and spent 14 months there only to find out that the charges were false.

I mean none of us really know any more. Could have been someone else who happened to have access to the guys mobile that raped her and texted her from "his" phone later.

If this turns out to be real then sure I hope he gets what is coming to him but until then..............

There is no excuse for rape pure and simple and it is an heinous crime.

I have to ask however what sort of father brings his daughter to Pattaya and let's her run amok in Pattaya?

A young drunk attractive woman without friends at 4am in the morning in Pattaya.

I mean you are putting yourself in a vulnerable position and as we know there are a lot of sharks in Pattaya waiting to take advantage of the vulnerable.

Most every Thai can read and Write English. They just cannot speak it (Many cannot). Also not every Thai musician is from Essarn.

Why would a Thai guy send a text to a foreign person in Thai?

Ahhhhh...good to see business as usual on TV: she should,'t have gone there...she shouldn't get drunk...she shouldn't talk to guys....

What about HE shouldn't pick up clearly drunk girls and have sex with them, as they are by no means able to give clear consent?

(I am not even talking about the drug-accusations)

We do not know the full circumstances here, but if a guy raped a woman, then why would he send the sms message later admitting this?

As a native Swede who has lived and worked in many countries around the world, I feel compelled to point out the obvious: namely, Thailand is not Sweden. This fact does not justify any criminal behaviour, but an awareness of this fact helps the visitor avoid potentially dangerous situations which might not present a danger at home. For example, it is well known that road safety is a major issue in Thailand, and one therefore should drive extra carefully in Thailand, and try to keep driving to a minimum if you do not want to have an accident.

Likewise, I like going out and dancing as much as the next person, but I avoid going out drinking and carousing at night in Thailand simply because bad things can happen. I am not fearful - I have a black belt in martial arts - but part of the discipline is to steer clear of potential conflict situations, and to not tempt fate.This is not an indictment of Thailand , by the way - I find Swedes can behave like aggressive idiots when they get drunk, as they do on Friday nights in Stockholm, so I avoid those situations.

The wisest words I have heard on this matter came from a great wrestlng coach I had in my youth: " The best way to get out of trouble is not to get into it..."

I could not put it any better.

• Like 1