Certificate of residency Chiang Mai

kilt

The above sign makes no reference to a 500 baht fee for next day... Just the nice lady and her little desk smiling and saying 500 baht for next day service that is slipped into the stack in her top drawer...

I have no problem (And I think most here would have no problem) with an official expetited fee...

But if its not official then its just a corrupt local bureaucracy that have created a problem and a lucrative solution...

Given the state of the parking lot outside I assume the funds are not going into the Government coffers...

But I bet there is an unusually large and shiny new truck parked out back...

Where is our beloved General Prime Minister... coffee1.gif

This matter seems to be of particular concern to you as well as to some others. No need to call upon the prime minister. Why not settle the question by asking the CIO of Chiang Mai Immigration?

There are at least three opportunities very soon for you to get clarification on what happens to the 500 baht for expedited service. First, write a signed registered letter to the OIC of Chiang Mai Immigration requesting clarification. Or, post the question in an open letter in Chiang Mai news media. Third, ask the OIC of Chiang Mai Immigration to respond directly at his upcoming meeting on 22 October at the Chiang Mai Expats Club. Since he has requested a look at questions before his appearance so that he can prepare his presentation (English not being his first language), you really ought to write the letter now.

Heres the address:

Pol. Col. Rutjapong

Chief of Chiang Mai Immigration

Chiangmai Immigration

71 Sanambin Road

T. Suthep A. Muang

Chiang Mai

The meeting detail is here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762139-meeting-with-chief-of-cm-immigration/

In the meantime, you might want to be careful about what assumptions and wagers you make as noted in your post.

The time to submit questions for that meeting has long past.

Unless you are some kind of whistle blower, who cares?

I have no desire to be a whistle blower... It is just sad and frustrating that the whole Immigration system is so bad that the only way to get anything done in a timely fashion is to gin the system with cash or employ a visa service...

I have no desire to be a whistle blower... It is just sad and frustrating that the whole Immigration system is so bad that the only way to get anything done in a timely fashion is to gin the system with cash or employ a visa service...

those are the breaks

Frustration is your choice just as bad is your judgment. Many feel neither nor do they pay.