Man Kills Motorcyclist Who 'Threw Beer Bottle' At Him

Lite Beer

Man Kills Motorcyclist Who 'Threw Beer Bottle' At Him

13889091661388909336l.jpg

KHON KAEN: -- An ice delivery man hit a motorcyclist to death after the deceased threw a beer bottle at his delivery truck.

Police in Khon Kaen province received emergency calls about the incident yesterday morning. At the scene they found the body of Mr. Somchai Singha, 20, and a severely-injured 16 year old boy next to a wrecked motorcycle.

Nearby, Mr. Somsak Makmoontri, 21, waited for the police near his pick-up truck and identified himself as the driver who hit both motorcyclists.

According to Mr. Somsak, he was delivering the ice near Khon Kaen City Pillar Shrine in the night when suddenly Mr. Somchai and his friends on one other motorcycle approached his truck, and threw a beer bottle at his car, causing minor damage.

Mr. Somchai′s group then reportedly tried to drive away, but Mr. Somsak tailed the group onto 5 November Road. Suddenly, a vehicle appeared in front of the motorcycles, Mr. Somsak said, causing the motorcyclists to abruptly stop. Mr. Somsak allegedly failed to stop his car and crashed into the motorcycle drove by Mr. Somchai, killing him and injuring his friend.

The police granted Mr. Somsak′s release on bail, citing his willingness to cooperate in the investigation. However, the police stress they will further investigate the crime.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9Ea3dPVEUyTmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-05

A bottle shaped dent in his pickup?

And the open question at this stage - why did they throw a beer bottle at his truck:

- Just hooliganism

- For a specific reason, like did he cause some danger to the motorcyclists and they retaliated by throwing the bottle (I'm not suggesting that's OK)?

Mr. Somchai′s group then reportedly tried to drive away, but Mr. Somsak tailed the group onto 5 November Road. Suddenly, a vehicle appeared in front of the motorcycles, Mr. Somsak said, causing the motorcyclists to abruptly stop. Mr. Somsak allegedly failed to stop his car and crashed into the motorcycle drove by Mr. Somchai, killing him and injuring his friend.

Soooo.....he was tailing them.....they stopped for another vehicle.....he smashed em....but missed the other vehicle????

Leave this one to the BIB....they know a tall story when they tell hear one.

Well, the upside to this story is that this simple minded gang of hooligans may hesitate next time, when considering whether or not they should throw a beer bottle at a strangers car. Perhaps they may reflect on their friends death, and say it is not worth it. Or am I projecting too much intelligence and ability to reflect on these fools? Sure, this clown over reacted. Killing someone over something like this is a bit over the top. But, one wonders who are these kids parents, and why have they been so absent on the job? Why even bother to have kids unless you can take some responsibility for their upbringing?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Throwing a beer bottle at a vehicle would be enough to raise a temper and even start a fight but now the pick up truck driver has incurred a lot more damage to his truck and caused some life changing damage to his own life and that of the family of the deceased let alone the death to the victim himself.

Thinking things out or acting with restraint don't appear to be strong points of your average Thai male in such circumstances.

The fact that the law goes very soft on such cases would have to be one reason why we keep seeing repeats of these types of scenario!

• Like 2

I hope I'm allowed to say this. One thing I notice about Thais is they seem to have a very quick temper coupled with very little value of life. I know this could happen in another country, but I think it's rare.

I hope I'm allowed to say this. One thing I notice about Thais is they seem to have a very quick temper coupled with very little value of life. I know this could happen in another country, but I think it's rare.

You have obviously not been following the Australian news over the last several months. Indiscriminate violence and deaths.

How does any one know that they threw a bottle at him other than the fact that he told them so?

Th

How do we know most of what we "think" we know? How do we know you didn't throw the bottle?

by reasonable examination of the facts,

For instance

first of all we don't really know that a bottle was thrown,it was alleged that a bottle was thrown.

some one said,"because it made a bottle shaped impression" did it?

we look at the car , is there a bottle shape impression? and even if there is, was it made by the people on the motorcycle? could something or some one else had make the bottle shape impression?

How do we know I did not throw the bottle? I was else where at the time and I can prove it?

How do I know you didn't throw the bottle?

Edited by sirineou

Soooo.....he was tailing them.....they stopped for another vehicle.....he smashed em....but missed the other vehicle????

Leave this one to the BIB....they know a tall story when they tell hear one.

You know the story is rubbish when the man says the motorcyclists did an emergency stop.

Uneducated people anywhere in the world have very little self control when temper is involved. He was probably drunk too.

• Like 1