Man Kills Motorcyclist Who 'Threw Beer Bottle' At Him

Lite Beer

I hope I'm allowed to say this. One thing I notice about Thais is they seem to have a very quick temper coupled with very little value of life. I know this could happen in another country, but I think it's rare.

I really agree with you and the temper thing. And being Farang i would not expect understanding for the coppers. I have bitten my tongue and even let myself be ripped off rather than get in to an argument with a Thai about peanuts. I just say "Cup Cup Cup." And take my business and company and money elsewhere.

• Like 1

I hope I'm allowed to say this. One thing I notice about Thais is they seem to have a very quick temper coupled with very little value of life. I know this could happen in another country, but I think it's rare.

Uneducated people anywhere in the world have very little self control when temper is involved. He was probably drunk too.

Priceless

my condolences go to the poor kid who died ! Any bets he just wanted to act cool and show off in front of his friends. I'm sure at one stage in your lives you did foolish things to impress people. My friend once threw an apple at a passing car on the road. The driver slammed on the breaks and chased my friend down the street. He didn't touch me because I'm a girl ! It was funny at the time because we were all kids. When someone rages, they act on impulse and don't think about the consequences. This story is a perfect example (and I speak for both parties)

Edited by kirstymelb101

You know the story is rubbish when the man says the motorcyclists did an emergency stop.

I agree!

The story sounds very cliche..

Whats even more bizzare is that the driver was let out on bail (because he co-operated) with police..

Officers can't see the magnitude of this incident ???

He must surely have connections !!

"a vehicle appeared in front of the motorcycles, Mr. Somsak said, causing the motorcyclists to abruptly stop"

they wrote it like if were something very normal. Actually it is usual in Thailand.

I see it everyday there is lack of common sense and circulation rules respect.

About the ice delivery man, is just another kid like the dead one, probably he was not looking to kill them but surely blind of the anger of having his car damaged, by the way not so different or less dangerous than any Bangkok taxi or bus driver.

We have to thanks good that this happened when Mr. Somsak was driving a pick up instead of an 8 tone bus per example.

I personally think that nobody can change this thai temper is according to their nature.

The only way there is to calm down those hot temper citizens is toughen the circulation and criminal code, but it will not be able to achieve successfully without a competent and diligent police and the consent of the thai society that allows, tolerate and accept this kind of behaviors.

So once again, the path is quite long.