Red shirts harass PDRC protesters in Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

entering a red shirt strong hold and trying to stir up a hornets nest, seems to me that it is the yellow shirts who are harassing the reds. They have guts tho about 100 against a few million.

Yellow shirts? Handing out leaflets stirring up a hornets nest? To protest is one's right, why can't the 'reds' grow up and let them be?

Btw, your avatar would be spot on donning a red shirt. giggle.gif

Actually I despise thaksin and I also despise that idiot Suthep, so no red or yellow are not my colours. Why do so many on here think that if a person making a comment that is not in support of the lunatic Suthep then that person must be a red? Can't some people actually be independent?

NO !

entering a red shirt strong hold and trying to stir up a hornets nest, seems to me that it is the yellow shirts who are harassing the reds. They have guts tho about 100 against a few million.

I thought your darling red shirts were fighting for the democratic ideal? But this clearly demonstrates what their 'democracy' is about - denying a voice to their opponents. Tut-tut.

• Like 2

I thought your darling red shirts were fighting for the democratic ideal? But this clearly demonstrates what their 'democracy' is about - denying a voice to their opponents. Tut-tut.

And another poster who believes that people who don't support and kiss the feet of the lord and master the lunatic Suthep must be red supporters. Show me one area where I support the reds.

For your information as I have said a hundred times I dislike the reds, Thaksin should be in prison and the lunatic Suthep should be in the cell with him. If this makes me a red supporter in your eyes then so be it.

If you read my post I was actually praising the yellows for their courage and not supporting the reds. How on earth does that make them my darling reds????????????

• Like 1

I think for most red shirts, achieving the 'Democratic Ideal' (whatever that is) is far beyond their ambitions. For them it would be enough simply to see an elected government see out a term without being overthrown by anything other than an election. It appears they are asking for too much.

Edited by 15Peter20
  • Like 2

What did they expect? Free food and drinks like at Suthep's Bangkok rally?

If you take a dump in my backyard, don't expect to be treated nicely.

That was a rather stupid analogy. It is more than likely that these people were locals, so it IS their home turf.

If this election really has to go ahead then all parties have to respect the democratic right to field candidates and to try to garner support from the public. Violence from & towards anyone is reprehensible, but I fear that is now a given fact. This election will be remembered for its violence, before, during and after the event and I fear that little if anything, short of miracle, can prevent it.

• Like 1

This is how dissenting voices are treated in Redland.

Indeed it is, as has been demonstrated time and again by diverse groups, be they gays or yellow shirts.

The whole thing about red shirts being anti-gay relates to this one group, Rak Chiang Mai 51, who confronted the gay parade in CM in 09 on the basis that it was inappropriate for CM. Really stupid and reactionary. But were you also aware that well known gay activist Natee Theerarojanapong tried to get the parade cancelled for more or less exactly the same reasons? Obviously he didn't attack or harass them, but such attitudes are not particular to this group, which only amounts to about 100 - 200 red shirts out of what must be thousands in the CM area.

Actually, though there are no doubt homophobic attitudes amongst some red shirts, it simply reflects the make-up of the rest of the society. Lots of gay, lesbian and transexual red shirts and I'm sure if this parade had taken place in Issan or wherever, the disruption wouldn't have happened. I mean, one of their own former core leaders is gay.

You know very well that you're singling out red shirts for something both sides are guilty of. What happened when reds tried to rally in Phuket for instance. What happened a month or so ago when reds tried to assemble at the stadium? Could go on, but it's pointless. Let's condemn all violent incidents and not make out that one side is guilty and the other guilt free. It's only a minority, for the moment anyway, that seek violence and wish to intimidate others.

Spot on! The problem is there is only violence to condemn, not just condemn one side, and hide head under sand when the other side is being violent.

Every violence has to be condemned and everyone must denounce it and dissociate. Whichever side it is from.

Looking more and more like a cult following with each passing day. Any resistance or doubt cast on dear leader is met with a barrage of violence. Shameful, and just where is the Thai version of Ryan Hardy to fight against this evil?

I seem to remember a bus carrying pro-government supporters being set upon by a mob with sticks etc. in Bangkok a few weeks ago. Guess others here have more selective memories...

Perhaps this will fire off a couple of neurons for you:

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/turmoil-thailand/story/thai-opposition-protesters-attack-government-supporters-2013113

• Like 2

Certainly an interesting development that the P.R.D.C. members felt confident enough to venture into what had been a ''no go area'' for anyone who opposed Thaksin in his home foxhole Chang Mai.

Perhaps the general feeling concerning the Thaksin clan is indeed more widespread and stronger than the Thaksin clan would like to think or even admit to.

Seems as if the violence came from the home turf crowd as opposed to the visitors who it would seem responded in like kind to their somewhat hostile treatment.

Certainly it would seem as if the actions of the Chang Mai Red Shirts seem to reinforce their somewhat distorted view on the democratic process as espoused by their absent ''amply rich'' Dubai based sponsor.'' '' Democracy is not my aim.''

• Like 1

I live in Chiang Mai. In 2010 a Thai friend of mine went down to the red shirt rally in Bangkok and brought me back a red T-shirt as gift and souvenir. Without thinking much I wore it when I went to the local market. I got a mixed reaction, several smiles and thumbs up but a noticeably aggressive reaction from a few others. Maybe they (rightly, perhaps) thought that as a farang I had no right to involve myself. I beat a hasty retreat and have never dared wear it outdoors again.

Yellow shirts? Handing out leaflets stirring up a hornets nest? To protest is one's right, why can't the 'reds' grow up and let them be?

Btw, your avatar would be spot on donning a red shirt. giggle.gif

Actually I despise thaksin and I also despise that idiot Suthep, so no red or yellow are not my colours. Why do so many on here think that if a person making a comment that is not in support of the lunatic Suthep then that person must be a red? Can't some people actually be independent?

NO !

wow there goes one of my basic rights.

entering a red shirt strong hold and trying to stir up a hornets nest

by "handing out leaflets"

Seems some forum members share the red shirts' intolerance of anyone else.

These are the same TV members (we know who you are) that believe elections equate to Democracy! That is a joke in itself!

To me the Red shirts and their saintly leaders believe that the strategy of pitting the poor against the elite

gives them the mandate to continue the blatant Nepotism, graft and corruption in the name of Democracy.

• Like 1

I think for most red shirts, achieving the 'Democratic Ideal' (whatever that is) is far beyond their ambitions. For them it would be enough simply to see an elected government see out a term without being overthrown by anything other than an election. It appears they are asking for too much.

Perhaps they could vote for honest people rather than criminals - a novel idea but it might work.

Who they vote for is none of your business, nor mine, nor anyone else's. What would you say to a person who accused you of voting for crooks in your own country? You might dismiss them, you might argue or discuss with them, but you probably wouldn't welcome their efforts to prevent your chosen candidate from even standing for election, would you?

Certainly an interesting development that the P.R.D.C. members felt confident enough to venture into what had been a ''no go area'' for anyone who opposed Thaksin in his home foxhole Chang Mai.

Perhaps the general feeling concerning the Thaksin clan is indeed more widespread and stronger than the Thaksin clan would like to think or even admit to.

Seems as if the violence came from the home turf crowd as opposed to the visitors who it would seem responded in like kind to their somewhat hostile treatment.

Certainly it would seem as if the actions of the Chang Mai Red Shirts seem to reinforce their somewhat distorted view on the democratic process as espoused by their absent ''amply rich'' Dubai based sponsor.'' '' Democracy is not my aim.''

Same same as Sek LoSo not welcomed in Phuket.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694513-phuket-loses-seks-appeal/

Edited by Spare

Almost sounds like you condone the despicable acts of Thaksin's brainwashed cult members....? Sadlyt this is the PT / Thaksin / Reds way, oppression. Hiow dare anyone disagree with their dear leader, he is a god sent from heaven just like the North Korean Kim's....Thaksin will only lead the country further down that road towards his cult's total domination. VERY scary.

Almost sounds like you condone the despicable acts of Thaksin's brainwashed cult members....? Sadlyt this is the PT / Thaksin / Reds way, oppression. Hiow dare anyone disagree with their dear leader, he is a god sent from heaven just like the North Korean Kim's....Thaksin will only lead the country further down that road towards his cult's total domination. VERY scary.

No I wasn't condoning it at all. If you see my post I wasn't taking any side but actually said that the yellows had guts (slang term mean brave)

What did they expect? Free food and drinks like at Suthep's Bangkok rally?

If you take a dump in my backyard, don't expect to be treated nicely.

Not a good example, try public space, ya know a place that people can come and go FREELY.

• Like 1