Wi FI modem

nedkellylives

I have one from 3BB at the shop and 1 at home, 1 for over a year now the other one a couple of years already.

They are cheap and 3BB does the setup, so next time I would buy from 3BB again. I do recommend to switch it off at night.

I have one from 3BB at the shop and 1 at home, 1 for over a year now the other one a couple of years already.

They are cheap and 3BB does the setup, so next time I would buy from 3BB again. I do recommend to switch it off at night.

Are they WI Fi the tech did not recommend 3BB one when i asked him

Edited by nedkellylives

Are they WI Fi the tech did not recommend 3BB one when i asked him

Yes, they are.

I have used both TP-Link and D-Link, and had several problems with the two TP-Link modems, but with the D-Link things most times goes smooth. I have also used Belkin with success (more than 2 years with any problems), until the power supply burned up...

I use TP-Link as well. After the first month of using 3BB's router I knew that it was awful. The connection kept timing out and disconnecting. I called them and told them to replace it and they were pretty useless; just told me that they could replace it but I would have the same problems. How can you sell an internet service and yet not give your customers the right tools to use said service? Anyway, we went over to PowerBuy and got the fastest one available. It's called 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router. 2,400 baht but I'm very happy with it.

I have used both TP-Link and D-Link, and had several problems with the two TP-Link modems, but with the D-Link things most times goes smooth. I have also used Belkin with success (more than 2 years with any problems), until the power supply burned up...

I replaced an old TP-Link modem with a new one some time ago. The old one had been giving problems & I assumed it was because it was old. The new modem - model TD-W8951ND & similar in appearance to the one in the post from "sunluvr" - is even worse than the old one & the connection drops out constantly & without warning and despite changing settings, it's so unreliable - wirelessly - that I only use it with a cable now. Even on the cable it loses connection occasionally but far less frequently than the wireless connection. When the connection drops out, it can be re-established by switching off for a few seconds so I believe it's more than a problem with TOT as ISP.

Wouldn't buy another TP-Link product.