Agreed the head would help. My first guess, and only a guess... it's a harmless and very dead "Checkered Keelback". But again that's only a guess. A better picture would help. They are often mistaken for a Cobra because they flatten their head when disturbed like a cobra. Why is it everybody assumes every <deleted> snake is dangerous? Best to let them be and let them eat the other annoying things they like to eat.

• Like 1

I find these little guys around my place quite frequently.

I just pick them up and throw them back into the jungle.

They try to bite - but usually their teeth are not large enough to break the skin.

They are supposed to grow to a max of 75 cm, but I have never seen one longer than 40 - 50 cm.

Please try to let the next one survive. Just get a stick and push it into a bucket if you do not want to touch it. It will probably have brothers and sisters nearby (depending on how long it was).

• Like 1

Not so easy to indentify without the head. But judging from the body shape and scale pattern colour, it lookS like a type of Keelback or Common Wolf Snake. I've seen plenty of these snakes over the years and are harmless.

However, NEVER TRY TO HANDLE A SNAKE THAT YOU THINK IS HARMLESS.......

Thanks, yes I know it shouldn't end up like that, but second time it tried to get into the living room with screaming girls and old ladies, it was me or the snake ! Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't the Thais told you a snake IN the house is good luck for later ? smile.png

Now you have killed it, you have to eat it...

Otherwise it's soul will play havoc with your internal karma !!

ALSO they are tastey if you dont eat it u shall miss out on a quality meal. You should eat what you kill. I am on my 1000000 th mosquito now )

Next time call the Samui Snake guy!

IMG_9523.JPG

Yes sure I will do that ! Do you know how much he charge to come around ?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .....I know many things .... but I don't know that! Call the number on the truck! tongue.png

Who was your secretary yesterday! biggrin.png

..... too funny!

they don't charge but it would take the piss some what if you did not offer a tip. I have had him come round a few times and helped him out when asked and some people don't realise that he is taking time out of his day to volenteer to drive sometimes all the way round the island raining his gasoline to rescue a snake that people cannot take out.

When people don't offer a tip it makes me cringe. does matter how big small or dangerous the snake is people should not expect anything for free.

I would offer minimum 500 baht and no i am not him trying to promote myself. You can test if you want just ask him to write a sentence in english when you see him and check the spellingg. my spelling has a signiture to it