Leo Beer and the runs.

Piztolapete

Used to love all the real ales back in UK (what I miss most of all about "home"). To me, all beer on offer at about the 50Thb big bottle bracket and imported <deleted> are just europiss lagers. I prefer the Thai beers over imported ones and none of them but the cheapest give me a hangover. So what is in Archa and Cheers that cause this?

As for stools, no problems even after som tam phet maak!

I don't drink Leo because of its soapy aftertaste. Love my Chang tho, and no runs....
Soapy aftertaste means high dyacetil.
Can high dyacetil cause headaches and/or squirts?

I do not think so. But in my point of view the cause of hangover is short aging time what helps to get rid of all necessary crap from the beer, ferments widely used in a modern commercial breweries and ingredients thai brewers using such as corn, broken rice kernels etc etc. I am almost sure that not over 20 percent of malt in any thai beer.

I brew by myself for the personal consumption and the cost is not over 35 baht per liter.

• 3 weeks later...

rollrunna, on 08 Jan 2014 - 05:27, said:snapback.png

Sudden change of diet.... try moderation and perhaps buy extra toilet tissues when u purchase the Leo.... try thinking...

You still use tissue???? Yuk

Actually i took my Thai wife to australia and she can not understand the farang and how stupid they really are,

when she got back to Thailand she told all her friends that the high-so tissue napkins in the Thai restaurants,

you know the ones in the round containers that sit on the tables, well you will not believe it, but the farang

hang the high-so napkins in their toilets and wipe their arse with them..... crazy ting tong farangs.

Everybody knows these are table napkins in Thailand.........more money than sense stupid farangs

rollrunna, on 08 Jan 2014 - 05:27, said:snapback.png

Sudden change of diet.... try moderation and perhaps buy extra toilet tissues when u purchase the Leo.... try thinking...

You still use tissue???? Yuk

Actually i took my Thai wife to australia and she can not understand the farang and how stupid they really are,

when she got back to Thailand she told all her friends that the high-so tissue napkins in the Thai restaurants,

you know the ones in the round containers that sit on the tables, well you will not believe it, but the farang

hang the high-so napkins in their toilets and wipe their arse with them..... crazy ting tong farangs.

Everybody knows these are table napkins in Thailand.........more money than sense stupid farangs

It seems that your wife doesn't think highly of Farangs. I wonder what she thinks of you? That might give you the sh**s.

• 4 weeks later...

The main reason for your condition is that Thailand is a hot country therefore you will drink more liquids. Beer, water,coke orange juice whatever. So your body has to process the excess liquid as efficiently as possible. It has nothing to do with Leo but I would suggest moving to a premium beer such as Heineken because it is the only world class beer brewed in Thailand and to my knowledge has the least chemicals added.However all beers contain a huge amount of sugar. Most Thai beers have a combination of chemicals added and for whatever reason are not required to disclose what chemicals they include. Strange for a food product when all other foods have to declare their ingredients. Google " diacetyl " to see some shocking results although it is a natural by-product of the brewing process it is eliminated by the premium brewers.

If you are going to drink it is to your benefit to drink the highest quality alcohol possible. I've given up my 38 year love affair with beer and now drink exclusively tequila made with blue agave which has significantly improved my health and I have imbibed just about everything. My only exception is a bottle of white wine when I go out for a good meal. Red wine is not as good for you as you have been led to believe. Again the sugar content is much higher.

• 1 month later...

The main reason for your condition is that Thailand is a hot country therefore you will drink more liquids. Beer, water,coke orange juice whatever. So your body has to process the excess liquid as efficiently as possible. It has nothing to do with Leo but I would suggest moving to a premium beer such as Heineken because it is the only world class beer brewed in Thailand and to my knowledge has the least chemicals added.However all beers contain a huge amount of sugar. Most Thai beers have a combination of chemicals added and for whatever reason are not required to disclose what chemicals they include. Strange for a food product when all other foods have to declare their ingredients. Google " diacetyl " to see some shocking results although it is a natural by-product of the brewing process it is eliminated by the premium brewers.

If you are going to drink it is to your benefit to drink the highest quality alcohol possible. I've given up my 38 year love affair with beer and now drink exclusively tequila made with blue agave which has significantly improved my health and I have imbibed just about everything. My only exception is a bottle of white wine when I go out for a good meal. Red wine is not as good for you as you have been led to believe. Again the sugar content is much higher.

You gotta be kidding. Heineken beer is full with chemicals,too sweet, tastes like toot, gives me a headache after only one big bottle and it's expensive.

Regarding the sugar content statement. Not everybody drinks cheap Italian wine.

Your statement about wine is also very questionable. There's good red and good white wine. I doubt that you'd tried one of them:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=exclusive+German+red+wine+from+lower+Franconia&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SY89U-HHNdGnkgWFuIHwAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=923#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=neernsgcCDb3UM%253A%3BLHVIeb_YQAia3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F2.bp.blogspot.com%252F-qyDd8-AFjJs%252FT5a6Th1kDQI%252FAAAAAAAABao%252FW_TJl7SHa8o%252Fs1600%252FDSC_0027-001.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmorethanjustwine.blogspot.com%252F2012_04_01_archive.html%3B1064%3B1600

Edited by sirchai