House dog on the moo bann (housing estate) street.

I agree with you trying to sort the issue the dog in your estate & everyone should follow the rules for it to be more enjoyable but I don't agree with you being a rude c unt about race/class or where they are from & a backbone isn't going to do much for you when you get stabbed or jumped & bashed.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I apologize if you see my remark as racist/classist. It was not meant to be. It is the truth. If the people were hi-so business owners of reputable families would calling them high-class bangkokians also be racist. I think not. It is just the truth. And further more your insult to me shows the kind of class you may belong to.

Actually I find it offensive that you assume that just because a Thai family has been instructed by the police to follow a Farang's wishes (confirmed by the city Vet) regarding how to keep their dog the will automatically retaliate by stabbing, jumping (whatever that is) and bashing. You are classing all Thais alike as violent, vindictive monsters who cannot except the rule of law under any circumstances. Or is that just the truth!!??

It is racist because of the context in which you said it ... by specifying that they are a 'low class family from Isaan', you are insinuating that their behaviour is somehow related to their origin. [And 'low class' is always a derogatory term in the first place]. Specifying their presumed place of origin adds no useful information to your story. So it comes across as prejudiced... just as if I said "I'm not going to let some low-class Turk push me around".

BTW, if they're so 'low class', what are they doing in the same housing estate as you?

Notice you didn't comment on my saying you're classing all Thais as violent ..which I find more insulting than anything I may have written. They come from Isaan, just as some come from Bangkok, others from Europe or Australia. That is not insulting it is the truth. I understand an Isaan accent. Low-class, well their actions have put them there. Nuff said.

When did you accuse me of classing all Thais as violent? I made only one post before this one and said nothing about all Thais being violent.

That said, I do believe that it's best to first try to resolve matters non-confrontationally in SE Asia because of the face issue. If you have exhausted that approach without success, then by all means take a more assertive/legalistic one. But I think you know that some people in Thailand (but in our home countries too) can react unpredictably and even aggressively to this ... this is when you go to 'war' and the situation becomes win-lose. Hope this is not the case here. BTW, I highly recommend the book 'Getting to Yes' by members of the Harvard negotiation project ... about how to achieve outcomes without 'doing battle' or destroying relationships.

Locking this thread for a clean up - a number of derogatory, bickering posts will be removed.

Edit: On a read through the complete thread, this will not be re-opened.

Posting derogatory, abusive and off-topic comments (the OP's posts included) is not acceptable.

//CLOSED//

• Like 2