Mazda BT-50 Pro

Back Sida

I was thinking that myself when reading last night lol. Sure this Ford Ranger crowd are trying take over the world cheesy.gif . In saying that I had

one ordered but gave up waiting and ordered the Mazda and happy now I did. We have a farm so this is a working truck and its up and down

mountains so its well tested .

My Ranger is almost back together and I won't be driving it again. trading for a Mazda.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that myself when reading last night lol. Sure this Ford Ranger crowd are trying take over the world cheesy.gif . In saying that I had

one ordered but gave up waiting and ordered the Mazda and happy now I did. We have a farm so this is a working truck and its up and down

My Ranger is almost back together and I won't be driving it again. trading for a Mazda.

...at least your 'old' wheels will fit... and the gate should too... wink.png

Keep out of the puddles thumbsup.gif

New Mazda is a 3. it will not take either my wheels nor puddles.

...well,if you will not be taking your bike with you anymore...that makes sense...

Sr400 being replaced with a Yamaha Bolt.

That's an 'exciting' bike... thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this afternoon Our BT-50 at work popped the turbo, 18k on the clock so add that to the list.

To clarify everything, exactly what happened to the turbo in your BT-50? coffee1.gif

Bearing failure is what I heard and compressor met housing.

At the end of the day people will have a good experience with a mass produced vehicle and others will not.

Roll the dice.

From all the failures I have heard about it is a tiny percentage of vehicles sold, problem with Thailand is when you have a failure they will tell you to <deleted> off (Ford in particular) when it comes to claiming on warranty.

Same thing happened with my turbo on a 2013 bt 50 3.2l 4x4 then the clutch went on it. This happened at 19000 km. A few days ago I was having problems getting the truck into 3rd gear, took it into Mazda they did something to it now I don't have gear one or two. But gear three is perfect. Thanks Mazda

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let's get back to questions about the BT50.

I'm considering buying a new BT50 3.2 Auto.

I want to ask if anybody managed to have a test-drive before buying and if so where was the dealer you went to ?

I live in Pattaya and so far out of the 5 dealers I've been to ranging from Khorat to Rayong none can offer me a test-drive in a 3.2 - only a 2.2. Secondly most dealers appear reluctant to order up the colour I prefer.

Has anybody had the same problems ?

• 1 year later...

I am really surprised about all the negative comments about BT50 reliability. Mine is nearly 3 years old and I have not had any significant problems. I am delighted with mine and have been impressed with the Mazda dealer service (Chiang Rai) although it would be nice if they could explain some things in English. The only problem I have had is with the seat height adjustment which is some kind of "pump-up" system. After a few hours it seems to sink down and need pumping up again. It is only a minor annoyance but Mazda have been unable to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem and manage to fix it?

Let's get back to questions about the BT50.

I'm considering buying a new BT50 3.2 Auto.

I want to ask if anybody managed to have a test-drive before buying and if so where was the dealer you went to ?

I live in Pattaya and so far out of the 5 dealers I've been to ranging from Khorat to Rayong none can offer me a test-drive in a 3.2 - only a 2.2. Secondly most dealers appear reluctant to order up the colour I prefer.

Has anybody had the same problems ?

reluctant to order a colour you wanted - amazing indeed. for the other poster with the seat issue, just use the jack behind the rear seat and stick it under your driver's seat and adjust as needed :)

• 6 months later...

hi guys....i bit of an off topic....i have the 2013 bt-50 pro 2.2 4dr auto model which in 2years did only 40,000km ....abt a week ago the powertrain lamp got turned on....it dissapear on off and re-swich but i noticed it will go back on after abt 30-45 min drive...mazda shop said it was intercooler and changed it under warrenty...problem returned same day.....problem got worse as the check engine lamp was now on too...back to mazda and they changed the mass airflow sensor....they saw problem still there....they told me they need to change the turbo....and that i need to wait a few days for it....seems very unproffesional to me

that they dont realy seems to know what cause the problem but just replacing parts until maybe they hit the spot.....what you guys suggest i do and did anyone here had this problem with the BT.

tks.

hi guys....i bit of an off topic....i have the 2013 bt-50 pro 2.2 4dr auto model which in 2years did only 40,000km ....abt a week ago the powertrain lamp got turned on....it dissapear on off and re-swich but i noticed it will go back on after abt 30-45 min drive...mazda shop said it was intercooler and changed it under warrenty...problem returned same day.....problem got worse as the check engine lamp was now on too...back to mazda and they changed the mass airflow sensor....they saw problem still there....they told me they need to change the turbo....and that i need to wait a few days for it....seems very unproffesional to me

that they dont realy seems to know what cause the problem but just replacing parts until maybe they hit the spot.....what you guys suggest i do and did anyone here had this problem with the BT.

tks.

I guess it's not a very common issue if they haven't been able to nail it first go... either that or, there are common issues and they tried those remedies first. Unfortunate thay haven't been able to fix it yet, but on the upside you have a new intercooler and airflow sensor I guess?

Yes i do smile.png and on WED a new turbo...but for how long i will need to spend my time reading magazines in their waiting room...

update// came back to mazda shop today after both lamps turned on....finally they noticed the 1cm tear in the air hose and replaced it - all good now.

when warranty will expire i'll replace it with a silicone hose.

That is one expensive hose (for Mazda Warranty).

Wonder how many of the issues Spoonman listed earlier in this thread were diagnosed as well as this example by the dealers concerned?

Edited by Jitar

Yes i do smile.png and on WED a new turbo...but for how long i will need to spend my time reading magazines in their waiting room...

update// came back to mazda shop today after both lamps turned on....finally they noticed the 1cm tear in the air hose and replaced it - all good now.

when warranty will expire i'll replace it with a silicone hose.

I don't suppose it's the hose that runs down the passenger side of the engine bay, almost (but not quite) under the battery?

I am a BT 50 Pro owner and very happy with it, bought it second hand at 2 years old and 37K on the clock. Now 52K. No problems at all, drives well, plenty of low down grunt and comfortable. By way of comparison, wifes cousin just bought a new Ford Ranger, 2.2l 4 x 4 and it is amazing just how similar in features the 2 vehicles are, to be expected I suppose. Rangers brother, who has driven both of the pick-up's says he prefers the Mazda over the Ford. Personal choice.

• 1 month later...

I have a mazda bt50 pro 3.2 auto. which I bought in the beginning of may 2012. done 43000 km so not much but have had no problems. the battery looks like it could do with being renewed and wondering what is the best make to get here. it has not completely failed yet so I have time to shop around