'Bangkok shutdown' focuses on 7 significant areas

webfact

Why people keep whining and whining about Bangkok's shutdown? What's your problem? You do realize that Suthep's plan is unworkable without support of Bangkokians, don't you? So if Bangkokians want their city to be shut down for a day, so be it. One thing for sure, they didn't want their city burned and turned into battlefield in 2010.

What are you talking about?

What do you mean "what's your problem"? People have to get around; they have to work; they have to go about their daily business. Not everyone spends their day on a barstool with a fat bird in a miniskirt

This isn't a one day-day thing.

They aim to shut the city down for as long as they can get away with it.

• Like 1

Why people keep whining and whining about Bangkok's shutdown? What's your problem? You do realize that Suthep's plan is unworkable without support of Bangkokians, don't you? So if Bangkokians want their city to be shut down for a day, so be it. One thing for sure, they didn't want their city burned and turned into battlefield in 2010.

What do you mean "what's your problem"? People have to get around; they have to work; they have to go about their daily business. Not everyone spends their day on a barstool with a fat bird in a miniskirt

If the majority of Bangkokians (Thais) is fine with it, so be it. It is their city and it is their call. As I said, Suthep's plan is unworkable without having the majority of Bangkokians on board.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of a Thai book and shut down the Wall Street and the city of London. That would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

If the majority of Bangkokians (Thais) is fine with it, so be it. It is their city and it is their call. As I said, Suthep's plan is unworkable without having the majority of Bangkokians on board.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of a Thai book and shut down the Wall Street and the city of London. That would be a step in the right direction.

Shutting down a few intersections doesn't need a majority of Bangkokians to be "fine with it", does it??

Most of them aren't "fine with it" but there isn't very much they can do about it.

They want to go to work so they can pay their bills.

I'm not sure you understand the nature of this crisis.

Never mind, order another pint.

Shutting down a few intersections doesn't need a majority of Bangkokians to be "fine with it", does it??

Most of them aren't "fine with it" but there isn't very much they can do about it.

I didn't know that you are a spokesperson for Bangkokians. Aren't we a bit deluded?

What Bangkokians want or do not want the time will tell. Not you or me, or anyone else on this forum. It's their city, it's their country and they will choose the best possible course of action. I believe that you don't understand the gravity of the situation. You do realize that the very same people who were responsible for the carnage in 2010 were rewarded with positions in this current joke of a government. Thailand lost 6 billion USD, more than 100,000 Thais lost job, small business not included. So have a double one on the rocks and stop worrying about your own personal vested interest. This is Thailand. By the way, I drink only Sprite. wink.png . Thais don't sell Schweppes Bitter Lemon. Seriously.wai2.gif

Edited by Mackie
  • Like 1

I don't really think that the majority of Bangkokians are ok with the shutdown. But even in the remote case it is, what about the others? They have to their lives disrupted because such a criminal action? Do expect tension arise quickly if this nonsense will last more than 2 days. People have to work and to bring salary for take care of families.

And I don't really expect US or UK government allow such a criminal behavior... So the leaf should stay in the (tragic) Thai book.

• Like 1

Yeah, what happened to the 20? Hmmmm

He is losing support and no longer has the numbers to cover all.

And why didn't the Great Peoples' Revolution take place on the 2nd, as our Dear Leader promised before the New Year holiday?

Nobody turn up for the party?

Could it be that the more mature and intelligent crowd have started to realise that He is a bufoon, and the only ones left are the "student" thugs who are always ready for a good old punch-up?

Don't forget all his old ladies making their daily income. How many times has he claimed the "final day", 5, 10 times?

Guys look at the situation seriously. This has been going on for the past 2 months, has anything really changed? There has been shootings, murders, arson, burnings, a lot of people have lost their jobs because they have opted to join the anti-government movement in the name of change, what change, if I may ask? u still have the same government, and after the voting has been completed, you will still have the same government.

Do you really think that Jan 13 will be the final push to overthrow the government? after so many promises in the past of final pushes?, or will there be other promises of the "Final Push" Have u ever thought of the after effects if after the 13th Jan, when to your dismay u find that nothing has changed? What are u going to do with your lives? will u still be able to walk as free men, will u still have your job/ business to go back to? or will u have a life behind the bars of a prison? think before u act.

whose this post directed at...????..should you not be posting this on the thai speaking forum...

• Like 1

how do you know bangkokians mind,you dont your guessing and why do you presume hes just sitting in a bar with your girlfriend..again try and make sense..

The army has now also made a statement saying the government will be held accountable for any violence on the 13th.

No it hasn't. You people need to be a little bit more critical of what you read in the media. This is what the Nation reports:

Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha said the government would be held responsible if violence happens during the Bangkok Shutdown rally on Monday.

He said the government would be required to take responsibility by the principle if the people clash or kill each other or riote.

He said he hopes that there would be no violence and anyone who causes violence, he or she must be held responsible.

The first and second paragraphs are completely different. The first says "held responsible", and the second "required to take responsibility".

The first paragraph is a subtitle, which is most of the time not written by the journalist who wrote the article. It's often intentionally wrong or exaggerated to make it more sensational so people will be more inclined to read it.

Edited by diceq

I didn't know that you are a spokesperson for Bangkokians. Aren't we a bit deluded?

What Bangkokians want or do not want the time will tell. Not you or me, or anyone else on this forum. It's their city, it's their country and they will choose the best possible course of action. I believe that you don't understand the gravity of the situation. You do realize that the very same people who were responsible for the carnage in 2010 were rewarded with positions in this current joke of a government. Thailand lost 6 billion USD, more than 100,000 Thais lost job, small business not included. So have a double one on the rocks and stop worrying about your own personal vested interest. This is Thailand. By the way, I drink only Sprite. wink.png . Thais don't sell Schweppes Bitter Lemon. Seriously.wai2.gif

I'm not a spokesperson for Bangkokians, I've just got enough common sense to know that Suthep's plan didn't rely on a vote among the city's residents as to whether or not they wanted their city shut down or not.

If your "logic" applied here, the huge majority of Thais who voted for the PTP would have kicked ten shades of crap out of Suthep and his misguided followers long before now but, clearly, that's not how it works.

I am perfectly aware of the gravity of the situation and am similarly aware that the person who ordered the murder of protesters and journalists in 2010 is the same gimp leading the movement for a return to non-elected government run by cronies trading loyalties and favours in darkened rooms.

you post utter shit-e stop trolling

You're in the habit of calling pretty much everyone a troll aren't you?

Yet, you post gems like this below elsewhere on the forum:

me im up for a coup and no politicions in power,...is there really a better option than whats on offer,i cant see one,but sure wish their was,..apols for spelling.

I bet you and the moron in this video served in the same post office, didn't ya. I sincerely hope you say shit like that in earshot of the locals. I'd love to see you get the slap you so richly deserve

"He lashed out at Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri for threatening to take legal action against protesters who take to the streets to occupy the capital."

The Reds did it in 2010, so we have to be allowed to do it in 2014, although we heavily complained back in 2010, that no one was taking legal actions against...oh, what the f@#$....

There are some parallels but they are different circumstances.....

Guys look at the situation seriously. This has been going on for the past 2 months, has anything really changed? There has been shootings, murders, arson, burnings, a lot of people have lost their jobs because they have opted to join the anti-government movement in the name of change, what change, if I may ask? u still have the same government, and after the voting has been completed, you will still have the same government.

Do you really think that Jan 13 will be the final push to overthrow the government? after so many promises in the past of final pushes?, or will there be other promises of the "Final Push" Have u ever thought of the after effects if after the 13th Jan, when to your dismay u find that nothing has changed? What are u going to do with your lives? will u still be able to walk as free men, will u still have your job/ business to go back to? or will u have a life behind the bars of a prison? think before u act.

Thank you for joining us INJustice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri clap2.gif

RT@Aim_NT: Buses, ambulances and taxis decorated with national flag can run on the lane left out from being closed: Suthep.

RT@Aim_NT: Taxis who support (red shirt) Natthawut should go and find passengers outside the city on the day: Suthep

RT@Aim_NT: While tourist vehicles would be allowed on bus lane, govt vehicles are strictly prohibited: Suthep.

so he is now the self proclaimed lord of Bangkok

the ambulances must be decorated with flags....this dude really knows no limits

what if he collapses but the ambulance will not be decorated with flags

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 1

RT@Aim_NT: Buses, ambulances and taxis decorated with national flag can run on the lane left out from being closed: Suthep.

RT@Aim_NT: Taxis who support (red shirt) Natthawut should go and find passengers outside the city on the day: Suthep

RT@Aim_NT: While tourist vehicles would be allowed on bus lane, govt vehicles are strictly prohibited: Suthep.

I'd add this one too

Who is him to prevent Taxi drivers, whichever side he is, to work wherever their license allow them to?

Only a blind can't see the fiery and blind violence in the words of this guy.

Cannot blame what happened to Chiang Mai on Sunday, if then the Supreme Leader speaks like this.

Everyone is too much polarized and I can't see an easy way back.

Like the traffic runs fine with 4 lanes let alone 1 with protesters all over the place yeesh ...... this is such a dumbass, stupid, moronic, bs idea i cant even begin ..................... just aggghhhhhhhhh excuse after pathetic excuse ... 1 lane in Bangkok decked with flags n you'll be aright ... WHAT A JOKE...

Oh and for Mackie n co that think everyone in BKK is for it, that is also BS nearly everyone i know has had enough and want to work now... most work on a monday and are broke after the holidays... Local loan sharks are lending big money atm as so many are short of cash.... Good friend doing loans usually does about 50 - 60k bht a week this time of year he did 125k last week and 90k the week before. These are the small loans to normal people for minor stuff like electric and rent etc .... yea people are hurting and all asking for help are saying its down to the shutdown and no tourists etc

Its the trickle down effect since October but we are now there... as usual the poor will suffer and tbh i dont care if the baht goes down the toilet and the seti goes to 0 i do care a taxi cant make enough to pay for its rent and people cant go to work....

This guy is as selfish as he is mental....

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

The army has now also made a statement saying the government will be held accountable for any violence on the 13th.

No it hasn't. You people need to be a little bit more critical of what you read in the media. This is what the Nation reports:

Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha said the government would be held responsible if violence happens during the Bangkok Shutdown rally on Monday.

He said the government would be required to take responsibility by the principle if the people clash or kill each other or riote.

He said he hopes that there would be no violence and anyone who causes violence, he or she must be held responsible.

The first and second paragraphs are completely different. The first says "held responsible", and the second "required to take responsibility".

The first paragraph is a subtitle, which is most of the time not written by the journalist who wrote the article. It's often intentionally wrong or exaggerated to make it more sensational so people will be more inclined to read it.

haha, they keep changing the story, this is normal for the Thai papers, they are rarely the same when you look at it again later.

This is the latest update - http://t.co/E2YdGkjMnG