Myanmar Tourism - Let The Journey Begin!

SeaVisionBurma

Oh yes, sugarcoated, temples, trinkets, monks, more temples, (any beggars) sure i'll book a ticket right now (not)

i can see all those things right out of my window but i wonder,,,,

"where are the girls, beer, food"

the only things i need in life.

I haven't been there, i need more information, like international airport, hospitals then the good stuff.

Keep me posted.

• Like 2

Why are HQ TV staff encouraging readers to take their hard-earned cash to other countries? Beggars belief.

There is an unbelievable shortage of hotel and guest house accommodation in Myanmar, particularly in Yangon (Rangoon)

Very difficult to find rooms and the charges bear no comparison to what we pay in Thailand.

There is a chef/restaurateur/journalist called Anthony Bordain and he has a new TV series called 'Parts Unknown'. In the the first episode, he goes to Yangon, Myanmar. From what I saw in this show, Yangon was surprisingly primitive. I got the impression that there really weren't any higher end (or maybe even decent) accommodation available or really much to see. Judging by the scenes, Yangon was not a pretty place. It would be interesting to hear from people who have actually done a trip to yangon recently to know whether the impression left by this TV show is an accurate one, or did the production crew go out of their way to show us the more desolate side of the city?