Forget hotel

hermit666

My friend came to Thailand in Pattaya 5th December and he forget what hotel he registered (he paid advantage 18,000B for 2 months). He took bus number 389 and he booked a room from 2 floor hotel (B 14). After he have spent time in several hotels near beach road. He have asked help from tourist police but they cannot help. What can he do?

Edited by hermit666

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) He has been here over 1 month now so there goes 9k

2) Where did he take this Bus # 389 from?

3) You mean he booked a room ON 2nd floor room # B-14 ?

4) He MUST have used a credit card (no other way for pre-booking) so tell HIM to do some real research

5) Sorry but the tourist police cannot read his mind and with that little info........

6) Did he use a notebook when he was looking for rooms online? If yes does he have it with him? Maybe he can search his history and it might jog his poor memory.

PS: Your FRIEND? whistling.gif

Edited by Gone

Hi,

sit him down infront of a lap top and go on

the pattaya hotels web sites,i would start with

agoda,it might take a while but he should see his

hotel.also check his bank to see who got the

payments.good luck.kelvin.thumbsup.gif

It is unclear whether he actually checked in so Immigration files may not yet exist, but tracking his original booking and payments should have been easy enough if this was done by via computer. The suggestion to look at hotel listings to jog his memory seems sensible. How the problem could have existed for one month now is surprising ... but I have witnessed quite a few cases of people who have already checked into somewhere and then can't remember how to get back to there or where it is etc. No key, no hotel card and only remembered landmarks like "there was a 7 Eleven close by" ....

1) He has been here over 1 month now so there goes 9k

2) Where did he take this Bus # 389 from?

3) You mean he booked a room ON 2nd floor room # B-14 ?

4) He MUST have used a credit card (no other way for pre-booking) so tell HIM to do some real research

5) Sorry but the tourist police cannot read his mind and with that little info........

6) Did he use a notebook when he was looking for rooms online? If yes does he have it with him? Maybe he can search his history and it might jog his poor memory.

PS: Your FRIEND? whistling.gif

Seriously, why bother? WHY?

• Like 2

Pretty soon we will have to start insuring that people who use computers are licensed, since some are really clueless, as is the OP's acquaintance

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when he went to the tourist police

I would be more interested in what the BIB said AFTER he left. Talk about giving falang a bad name. That discussion would make it into the training manual for how to deal with the clueless.

• Like 1

if he used a laptop when booking, the url of the webpage might be still in the browser's history. All he has to do is scrolling back in the history list to the day when he booked and re-open the link.

And here's me thinking I already suggested that.

Believe me or not, this not a troll.

1) He has been here over 1 month now so there goes 9k yes

2) Where did he take this Bus # 389 from? from BKK

3) You mean he booked a room ON 2nd floor room # B-14 ? yes, 2 floor hotel

4) He MUST have used a credit card (no other way for pre-booking) so tell HIM to do some real research he paid cash

Ok we try search from agoda, ty. A orange kinda guesthouse he says.

Edited by hermit666

Believe me or not, this not a troll.

1) He has been here over 1 month now so there goes 9k yes

2) Where did he take this Bus # 389 from? from BKK

3) You mean he booked a room ON 2nd floor room # B-14 ? yes, 2 floor hotel

4) He MUST have used a credit card (no other way for pre-booking) so tell HIM to do some real research he paid cash

Ok we try search from agoda, ty. A orange kinda guesthouse he says.

Wow for a guy with two posts you certainly have a sense of judgement over who is a troll or not?

• Like 1

From reading the OP, I get the impression he actually arrived here, paid the money, went out and couldnt remember where the hotel is...no mention of internet booikng, any booking would be accompinied by a confirmation email. Orange building at least 2 floors with B numbered rooms dosnt really narrow it down....is the bus a Songtaew numbrer? not that would help.

• Like 1

Having pp and money in room confirms that he arrived, booked and then forgot where it is......THB 9,000 per month in peak season suggests it would be a budget class condo/guest house, somewhere back of Buakhao or Soi V.C area possibly...thats where I would start looking. Get yourself a moped or a driver and start there.

He have 40,000 baht + passport in there room.

This one get's weirder and weirder as the posts add up

But I'll play along since it is a slow Thursday.........Does this person by any chance have the key to his room ?

Yes he have the key.

Boy this is like pulling teeth. Is there a key ring for the key and if so does it say what the name of the hotel is ?

If it is a key card, does the key card show the name of the hotel ? If not then see this thread and maybe the code on the card can be read with a card reader

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694350-make-copy-of-key-card-from-condo/

Post #16

• Like 1