where is this place?

peppa

I asked this question on one of the island threads, but the question is too general for any one of the specific threads, since I don't want to know where to eat exactly.

I am a 60+ female traveling alone. I have knee problems, so I can't walk far.

I will be coming in September so will the beaches still be nice?

Which island out of Samui and Phangan would be best for me?

What beach has the following attributes?

I would like to stay in a bungalow that is right on the beach front (nice clean beach)

I want to eat at cheapish local food stalls, restaurants or street carts.

I would like to be near a shop where I can get supplies like milk and coffee etc, so a short walking distance to a small town/village.

I don't particularly want to be surrounded by bars or party life.

I don't really want to have to get a songthaew into the township every day to find food or get supplies.

Someone suggested Thong Nai Pan Yai. Is there local eateries there or just resort restaurants? any little shops for supplies? would I need to get taxi's back into Thongsala to get supplies?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance smile.png

8 years ago I stayed at First Bungalow, it's right on the beach.. away from loud bars.. good food

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/first-bungalow-beach-resort.en-us.html?aid=356980;label=gog235jc-hotel-XX-th-samuifirsthouse-unspec-us_ca-com;sid=83ec54218c317c39f5bfb09d8e4cf260;dcid=1

wow and looking at the prices, it's not what it used to be.. I remember paying maybe $75 a night

TONG NAI PAN YAI is your best choice and my fav beach, actually I think I know almost all and don't want to go anywhere else <3

You can eat cheap local food on the road that is at 100 meters from the beach,not very big choice as most people go to the beach to eat at a beach restaurant, but some noodles, etc...

I totally agree with you, sleeping at the beach must be on the beach, in whatever bungalow, and I think these people going to the beach to stay in a condo hotel room type are just ridiculous, they could stay home, they have the same building in Bangkok :-)

pd: there a no bungalows on the beach at KOH SAMUI anymore, and if you don't care to have a big choice of (expensive) restaurants or bars, no need to go there. This is my second fav island because it is located near KOH PANGHAN and when spending weeks or months at KPG it's sometimes fun to go to Samui civilization.

Edited by thailandbeachisland