Heckler tells Abhisit to 'respect my vote'

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would seem they have put considerable thought into what needs to be done t achieve reform.

Will be interesting to see the full list and not just a 'for instance'

I see and agree with :

there should be retroactive examination of politicians' and senior government officials' tax payments.

You reds might like to note that he includes himself and his MP's in that.

Then he must be thankful that old "want-a-nice-bit-of-land-in-Phuket?" Suthep is no longer one of his MP's or that he is still relying on Newin for his majority!

This bloke is spot on. Everyone's vote should be respected. Even the dumb rice farmers from the north. That is how democracy works. It is an unfortunate truth.

At least Abhisit is smart enough not to actually verbalise his opposition to democracy as a principle. Unlike Suthep, who really believes that the sycophants he meets on the streets of Bangkok are actually representative of the majority of the population.

Suthep and the Dems proposed plutocracy should get the condemnation it deserves.

• Like 2

I think the guy has a valid point. When Abhisit became p.m they made consitutional changes, why did he not get stuck into the corruption issues then?

Abhisit actually changed the constitution in a way that makes vote buying more effective (i.e. change from multi-seat to single-seat constituencies). Still difficult to solve corruption issues when you're in a coalition which includes the likes of Suthep, Banharn and Newin.

Let's review the OP again, shall we?!

Where -in the whole article- does it say, that the heckler was actually referring to PTP?

When the DEMS want to boycott the election...and that guy just might be a DEMS-voter...do they respect his vote?

When he says "How can you expect to reform the country,, if you can not even reform yourself?"...how does that automatically make him a PTP -supporter?

Maybe he is one of the few who is thinking critically about his "own" people.

Which also makes his "why didn't you..."- comment logical.

...and stating that he is "the people" makes him red?

No...it makes him a thinking human being!

So how come, this guy is deemed a red-shirt supporter?

In theory you definitely have a point, but I know this guy (he's a friend of a good friend) and he's been red since at least 2010.

Abhisit should have used the meeting to explain the "reforms"?

Suthep promised Village Heads:

"When we win, don't be afraid that we will dismiss you. Instead we will elevate you to be assistants of district chiefs to befit your honour and dignity,"

where's the reform? sounds like a promise of more and maybe EVEN MORE of the same - support me and you will be 'rewarded'

Why aren't the Thai Press probing, challenging and asking the 'where's the detail'? the what's, who's, where's and why's???

The Thai Press aren't into probing, challenging and asking the 'where's the detail'? It can be harmful to the reporters health!!

• Like 1

Actually I see this the handling of this "heckler" as a missed opportunity. Here we have someone that was well within his rights to protest, just like everyone else. If I were Abhisit, I would have invited him up to the mic stage and had a short conversation with him, adding that his questions were very relevant and that this shows a willingness of Thai people to move forward. Then, if he continues to rant, then security can take him away.

The only reason that the Democrats are not contesting the election is that they do not feel an election would solve the political problems the country is facing, and so the country would not be able to move forward - it would probably exacerbate the issue. I agree, but many wouldn't... including this guy it seems. But unilateral speeches to Abhisit's own supporters aren't going to change hearts and minds - dialogue is what's needed. So, invite him up, Abhisit! Then we might see the ruling party follow suit and be forced listen to someone other than themselves.

"If you cannot even reform yourself, how can you reform the country?"

Under the current political MO (party-list MPs, family-run politics, unscrupulous coalition partners using their parliamentary voting rights as bartering tools, etc), the Dems know they need reform - this has been publicly admitted by many top Democrat party members - but executing such reform is a painful and lengthy exercise. At least they acknowledge that reform is needed - if it wasn't, the country wouldn't be in this mess. It would be nice to see such acknowledgement from the others.

"When you were the government, why didn′t you do it?"

In short, because the current political MO doesn't allow it. A Democrat apologist could go on about having other priorities, specifically guiding the economy through a worldwide financial storm and facing non-peaceful protests for the majority of their term - but they wouldn't have been able to do it even if they wanted to, because they had political dinosaurs like Suthep trading horses with the Chidchobs, Silpa-archas and others of questionable morality.

"Stop the discourse about anti-corruption."

Why? It's a big problem, and one that's become a bigger issue in Thai public perception in the last decade than it ever has before.

"You have intimidated other people, so can they not intimidate you as well?".

A loaded question but a relevant one. There should be no place for intimidation in pure politics... but there is, on a large scale. This is a problem, and something that adds weight to calls for political reform.

"I am not your rival, I am the people!"

Excellent answer to a stupid remark from Abhisit. However, this guy, like Suthep, is one of the people, not the people. And the division in Thai society at the moment is causing the country produce partizan individuals, who claim they act for the people, in droves. More proof of need for political reform.

• Like 2

The Protester is EXACTLY right, the Majority who voted this Governement is their votes are not being respected and again he is right when he says he is the PEOPLE

For the umpteenth time - but just for you again : Which majority are you referring too? Do you mean the large minority that voted for PTP in the last election?

If so, many of that minority who voted PTP may not do so again. I base this on a large group of young university educated Thais that I know, All are from Isaan, all voted for PPT. All are disgusted at the sheer corruption and lies over the last 2.5 years. All vow to never vote for a Thaksin proxy party again - and yes, they've all joined protest marches against this regime.

Now they are all trying to explain to their relatives in the NE why taking the cash bribe and believing all the false promises won't deliver a government that really looks after them,

Conversely, my friends in CM tell me the power of the Shins is as strong as ever and any voice against them won't be tolerated.

It really is a feudal factionalised society where clan loyalty, bribery and corruption, coupled with violent intimidation when necessary, are seen as acceptable facets of democracy. Not a surprise given the complete lack of legal integrity that permeates all levels. And we have posters on here saying "this government was democratically elected " (many also usually falsely claim by a majority) and then compare this phenomena with Western Democracy. Apples and Oranges.

If all that you spew is true what dont they just go to the election and vote then just like Yingluck, said Vote her out ??

If there is overwhelming majority support against the TS clan I really dont understand why they dont WELCOME THE ELECTIONS on the 2nd of Feb

But the truth is very different isnt it wink.png

If they'd claimed people were rapidly turning against PT in early November, I would've totally agreed. But the Democrats have wasted any advantage they had then, and if they don't win this fight by installing their unelected council, they stand a chance of never recovering as an electoral force. That's why their own secretary general admitted that the party was in danger of being destroyed, whichever direction it were to take. Caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't think they'll be destroyed because they'll always have the south providing them with a foundation, but elsewhere...

Mmmm, that would be the worry.....if this play doesn't work out, where next?. Peoples council or hitting the political reset button (coup).

Lakorn gaan muang!

An article in the other newspaper quotes Abhisit as saying "This shows that people can express opinion at one of our activities" after the guy was removed by security.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think the guy has a valid point. When Abhisit became p.m they made consitutional changes, why did he not get stuck into the corruption issues then?

Abhisit actually changed the constitution in a way that makes vote buying more effective (i.e. change from multi-seat to single-seat constituencies). Still difficult to solve corruption issues when you're in a coalition which includes the likes of Suthep, Banharn and Newin.

That's interesting.. He made changes to the consitution that work against him? I find it hard to believe anybody would want a leader capable of such errors in judgement and foresight. Maybe he thinks he can shout CORRUPTION enough times then he'll get elceted or put in place by the military enough times so he can keep trying until he gets it right. Well.. that and the murder charges would make it difficult I would have thought.

So the hecklers stopping parties from lodging their nominations for the elections, we now have an admission from Abihist that it is unfair.... oh dear will some one please rein in Suthep and Abihist. The reason he wont make it is that in many Thai eyes he now lacks credibility. Oh and they had to remove this seemingly educated person, who stated, I'am not your rival, I'am the people. Well said young son. Respect my vote, now if only all Thai people thought in this educated manner. Spoken in English as well. Hmm, yes one must agree with all the nay sayers on this forum who claim and state that Thais are uneducated and imply they have no grey matter. One voice can make a difference, unfortunately at the moment it is Suthep. bah.gif

Total drivel from the red troll same as usual. You haven't even bothered to watch the video of it or else you would have known it was all spoken in Thai language. Try knowing what you are talking about before you embarrass yourself with writing complete nonsense.....

This bloke is spot on. Everyone's vote should be respected. Even the dumb rice farmers from the north. That is how democracy works. It is an unfortunate truth. At least Abhisit is smart enough not to actually verbalise his opposition to democracy as a principle. Unlike Suthep, who really believes that the sycophants he meets on the streets of Bangkok are actually representative of the majority of the population. Suthep and the Dems proposed plutocracy should get the condemnation it deserves.

Please don't refer to Northern people as "dumb rice farmers" My father in law is a rice farmer.He is also an incredible carpenter, mason and craftsman. He is actively involved in charity, and like the rest of the family, doesn't drink, smoke or swear. He has worked HARD all his life...and never had anything handed to him. He has four intelligent children, two of which hold degrees and have good jobs, one owns a successful business and a fourth who worked three jobs to help put her siblings through university (my wife).

Please give the respect that my family and the hard working people of Isaan deserve.

Sorry I am out of likes but very well said sir. There is a heck of a lot of generalization and stereotyping going on of late, much of it very ignorant and unfair.

Abhisit should have used the meeting to explain the "reforms"?

Suthep promised Village Heads:

"When we win, don't be afraid that we will dismiss you. Instead we will elevate you to be assistants of district chiefs to befit your honour and dignity,"

where's the reform? sounds like a promise of more and maybe EVEN MORE of the same - support me and you will be 'rewarded'

Why aren't the Thai Press probing, challenging and asking the 'where's the detail'? the what's, who's, where's and why's???

"Reform" is just a word.

They just use that word in order to gain power.

Real reforms can be done if the whole country joins hands and all sides decide to work together.

Suthep is dividing the country a bit more everyday.

The Dems refuse to do anything if it does not get their (minority) way.

The only ones that calls for unity are the King and Yingluck.

Suthep, Abhisit, the yellows and the Dems categorically refuse to hear about it.

There will be no "reform"... It's just a word used to make the naive masses follow those who want to gain power without going through the democratic process.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This bloke is spot on. Everyone's vote should be respected. Even the dumb rice farmers from the north. That is how democracy works. It is an unfortunate truth. At least Abhisit is smart enough not to actually verbalise his opposition to democracy as a principle. Unlike Suthep, who really believes that the sycophants he meets on the streets of Bangkok are actually representative of the majority of the population. Suthep and the Dems proposed plutocracy should get the condemnation it deserves.

Please don't refer to Northern people as "dumb rice farmers" My father in law is a rice farmer.He is also an incredible carpenter, mason and craftsman. He is actively involved in charity, and like the rest of the family, doesn't drink, smoke or swear. He has worked HARD all his life...and never had anything handed to him. He has four intelligent children, two of which hold degrees and have good jobs, one owns a successful business and a fourth who worked three jobs to help put her siblings through university (my wife).

Please give the respect that my family and the hard working people of Isaan deserve.

Mate I was being sarcastic. Look at my nom de plum. Ban Dung is an hour's drive from Udon in the the heart of Isaan country. I am sitting in my house next to my father in law's rice farm (it's growing tobacco at this time of year though) as we speak and he is every bit the man you describe. So are my wife's brothers and her sisters. I am speaking in their defence.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

The heckler has a valid point, if my assumption as to the meaning of "it" is correct: "When you were the government, why didn′t you do it?". The Dems and PDRC or whatever it is are banging on about reforms. It is nothing new. They have been needed for years, so when the Dems were in power why didn't they address reforms then. Why only now as the opposition on the back end of the amnesty vote and blatant corruption. I cannot help but feel that they are using the reform ticket and corruption as a blind for their real motivations and intentions and had they been in power reforms could not be further from their collective minds. It is simply a power struggle.

Don't get me wrong, I believe reforms are necessary and should be put into place before any new elections, just not at the whims of the PDRC or PTP but some truly neutral body that can be accepted by one and all. Neither party will want this though, as it will have serious implications for both.

• Like 1

That's interesting.. He made changes to the consitution that work against him? I find it hard to believe anybody would want a leader capable of such errors in judgement and foresight. Maybe he thinks he can shout CORRUPTION enough times then he'll get elceted or put in place by the military enough times so he can keep trying until he gets it right. Well.. that and the murder charges would make it difficult I would have thought.

'He made changes to the consitution that work against him' - yes, he did, because Newin and Banharn demanded it, thinking it would benefit them against PT. As it was, it didn't seem to make too much of a difference in the 2011 election. Abhisit tried to offset the constituency changes by adding more party list seats, because the Dems and PPP had finished more or less even in 2007. What happened though, was that many people switched their vote from the local party they'd voted in the constituency vote to PT or Dems in the party list. But more people switched to PT than Dems, so in a way that change seemed to end up benefiting PT too.

So the hecklers stopping parties from lodging their nominations for the elections, we now have an admission from Abihist that it is unfair.... oh dear will some one please rein in Suthep and Abihist. The reason he wont make it is that in many Thai eyes he now lacks credibility. Oh and they had to remove this seemingly educated person, who stated, I'am not your rival, I'am the people. Well said young son. Respect my vote, now if only all Thai people thought in this educated manner. Spoken in English as well. Hmm, yes one must agree with all the nay sayers on this forum who claim and state that Thais are uneducated and imply they have no grey matter. One voice can make a difference, unfortunately at the moment it is Suthep. bah.gif

Total drivel from the red troll same as usual. You haven't even bothered to watch the video of it or else you would have known it was all spoken in Thai language. Try knowing what you are talking about before you embarrass yourself with writing complete nonsense.....

His entire post is drivel because he assumed the man spoke in English?

He's holding a sign in English, and the article makes no mention of language spoken.

A reasonable person might think his assumption is justified.

Try arguing against the content of his post.

Sorry I am out of likes but very well said sir. There is a heck of a lot of generalization and stereotyping going on of late, much of it very ignorant and unfair.

Wow. I replied to Pompuiman. I was being sarcastic and speaking in defence of Isaan people. Who Suthep believes should not have the right to vote.

Let's see: Raluek Leekpai, brother of mister clean Chuan, wanted for embezzling 238 million from the Kasikornbank (TFB) in 1987, helped by the than house speaker Chuan to flee the country. Sanan, involved in any scandal you can think of, from betting on horse racing, suspected of defrauding the country of billions as a transportminister and minister of Health (yes anyone can become one) and accused of raping a journalist, prominent member Suthep convicted just like Thaksin for a conflict of interest charge, banned from politics, accused of corruption under Chuan as PM in a Phuket land scandal, palmoil fraud and changing the nomination of the police chief for money. Prominent and murdered member and sponsor Akeyuth Anchanbutr Ponzi scheme operator defrauded many many Thais fled the country in 1983 with the help of indeed the DP. The list is literally endless when it comes down to corruption, fraud and deception of members of Thailand elitist Democrat Party. Examine the royalists and the army and everybody except tSuthep will understand who invented corruption in Thailand and who is perpetrating it.

• Like 1

The Protester is EXACTLY right, the Majority who voted this Governement is their votes are not being respected and again he is right when he says he is the PEOPLE

For the umpteenth time - but just for you again : Which majority are you referring too? Do you mean the large minority that voted for PTP in the last election?

If so, many of that minority who voted PTP may not do so again. I base this on a large group of young university educated Thais that I know, All are from Isaan, all voted for PPT. All are disgusted at the sheer corruption and lies over the last 2.5 years. All vow to never vote for a Thaksin proxy party again - and yes, they've all joined protest marches against this regime.

Now they are all trying to explain to their relatives in the NE why taking the cash bribe and believing all the false promises won't deliver a government that really looks after them,

Conversely, my friends in CM tell me the power of the Shins is as strong as ever and any voice against them won't be tolerated.

It really is a feudal factionalised society where clan loyalty, bribery and corruption, coupled with violent intimidation when necessary, are seen as acceptable facets of democracy. Not a surprise given the complete lack of legal integrity that permeates all levels. And we have posters on here saying "this government was democratically elected " (many also usually falsely claim by a majority) and then compare this phenomena with Western Democracy. Apples and Oranges.

So what you re saying is that now app the people you know who voted for PT and will not vote for them again and that the last elections only a minority voted for PT. so why don t go to the poll ? Why the democrat party , from which lot of members were also judged for corruption, are scared to go to the poll?

PT is corrupted Suthep is corrupted... and yet people seem to think they will get rid of corruption with him...

Mate I was being sarcastic. Look at my nom de plum. Ban Dung is an hour's drive from Udon in the the heart of Isaan country. I am sitting in my house next to my father in law's rice farm (it's growing tobacco at this time of year though) as we speak and he is every bit the man you describe. So are my wife's brothers and her sisters. I am speaking in their defence.

Cheers, Steve

I understood your sarcasm, but It still matters. Many a truth is spoken in jest.

I was not directing any anger toward you, just your choice of words....I guess I'm just getting sick of it all.

Cheers to you as well, we know where the real beauty of Thailand lies don't we?

In the hearts of the wonderful people of Isaan.

Good luck,

Eric