Hotel recommendations for family coming from England?

Pattaya Pat

Hi,

I have my Mum, my Sister and 14 year old Nephew coming over here for 10 days soon and I need to find them a hotel. My Mum is 70 so obviously don't want her in the middle of all the madness, it wouldn't suit my Sister and Nepthew either. They are on a budget (well my sister is) so that rules out 5 star hotels like the Dusit, Hilton etc..

They are primarily coming to see my 2 kids (and maybe even me, lol) so just want a quite relaxing 10 days without too much hassle. They have been here before but stayed in Jomtien, when I was living in that area. I now reside on the dark side, so I think it makes more sense for them to stay in Pattaya this time.

Would anyone have any reco's at all, say around the Bt 2.5k - 3k mark in a good location, so they can get around ok, decent rooms that are not as old as the hills, and with a nice pool etc. I was thinking that Naklua would be a good spot for them, but don't know too many hotels around there. I've had a look at the Garden Cliff Resort in Naklua soi 16 which looks ok but I'm not convinced.

Thanks.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

Check out the woodland resort on naklua just up on the left from the dolphin roundabout. Nice rooms and pool and grounds, good Resto and cafe attached and many others nearby. On baht bus line and not too bar from the beach. Price should be within your range.

Might also want to check out amari and holiday inn...often holiday inn has room specials at 3k per note and its a new place right on beach road, with all facilities.

Friend of mines sister has visited several times and stayed at the Cholchan Resort off of Sukhumvit heading north. The fact that she stayed more than once suggests it might be OK, though can't speak from personal experience.

Just had a look, the rooms look dreadful, but thanks.

Check out the woodland resort on naklua just up on the left from the dolphin roundabout. Nice rooms and pool and grounds, good Resto and cafe attached and many others nearby. On baht bus line and not too bar from the beach. Price should be within your range.

Might also want to check out amari and holiday inn...often holiday inn has room specials at 3k per note and its a new place right on beach road, with all facilities.

I know this place, will have a look, thanks.

Already checked holiday inn, a bit steep, around 4k.

Friend of mines sister has visited several times and stayed at the Cholchan Resort off of Sukhumvit heading north. The fact that she stayed more than once suggests it might be OK, though can't speak from personal experience.

You should see his sister!

The Green Park Resort in Naklua is sorta a sleeper place as kinda unknown. Rooms are nothing special but one of the largest free-form pools in pattaya should be a hit with the kid and location is good as just down from Naklua road and adjacent to Dusit Resort.

I've stayed there before, it's very old and run down now and lacks any charm, I wouldn't put my family in there.

Your first suggestion the woodlands is spot on though, lovely place.

You should see his sister!

I can imagine!