Will Apple TV work on a wifi network that needs web browser login?

BuffaloRescue

My condo block has a shared wifi network.

Theres no "wifi password" as such, to connect to the network. But then you get a pop up browser window comes up where you enter your login name.

I want to stream movies from my computer to my TV.

What can i do?

I already tried plugging macbook into TV using a dvi to hdmi connector but i got a message on tv saying "Unsupported Signal Type" or something like that.

I was thinking about getting the Apple TV, hoping that it would work with the TV and also on my condo blocks shared wifi

I hope someone will prove me wrong but I don't think the Apple TV will work on a wireless network such as the one you use as the atv doesn't have a web browser

Is there anyway that you can set up the MacBook to be a private hotspot in the same way that iPhones can? That way the atv could share the wireless signal from the MacBook

The atv also has an Ethernet port so it might be worth investigating to see if you can connect the atv to the MacBook that way

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Where can i get android tv box? Prefereably one i can plug a external HD into and run bittorrent and also watch youtube and some way to connect it to a wireless keyboard and mouse

Take a look at these ThaiVisa posts ...found using the ThaiVisa search feature

Has anyone bought one of these Google Media Players?

Android Mini PC

Watching Thai Tv with Google Chromecast

After reading, you might want to create a new post with "Google Media Player" or "Android TV" in the title to ask any questions you may have.

When looking at devices, the 'sticks' tend to overheat and have poor WiFi reception so I prefer the android 'boxes' myself. Another suggestion would be to google search and look for an Internet Forum for any device your considering as the group may have brought up issues when using them for streaming or watching video from USB or LAN connected storage.