Attacked

Sceptict11

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most people will think I'm crazy for saying this but I think the charge of attempted murder my be a bit harsh. Even Westerners make mistakes, (thats why some of them are in Thailand).

The Thai guy just wanted to rob and no doubt was a lot poorer than most Farangs, and didnt mean to murder, and was probably not thinking properly, if at all, (wonder what drug he was on?).

If he is convicted of this he'll probably be locked up forever, which doesn't usually do anyone any good and costs the government considerable money, tho nowhere as much as it does in the west, but its all relative.

He will suffer considerably just from the other convictions. I would think about showing some compassion and possibly seeing if u can withdraw the charge of attempted murder, though in some cases you have no power to do so as the Police want the kudos of locking another person up.

• Like 1

Thai people like many other people in this world when witnessing a crime, if they can, will help.

As for the police, its the indifference and extortion thats usually a bummer but there are some decent ones out there and you were lucky.

Just glad the assailant didn't have a weapon like a knife or what thais call 3" plywood otherwise assistance by soup ladle-welding ladies just might not have cut it!

Wish you a speedy recovery and kudos' to those that came to your assistance.

Edited by smileydude

mate, hope not to much damage was done and its great that the ladies and bloke helped you out, kudos to them all.

Yes, and it's good to know the police and other Thai people backed up the OP. I wish this would happen more often, being backed up by Thai witnesses I mean, not the OP getting attacked.

I know most people will think I'm crazy for saying this but I think the charge of attempted murder my be a bit harsh. Even Westerners make mistakes, (thats why some of them are in Thailand).

The Thai guy just wanted to rob and no doubt was a lot poorer than most Farangs, and didnt mean to murder, and was probably not thinking properly, if at all, (wonder what drug he was on?).

If he is convicted of this he'll probably be locked up forever, which doesn't usually do anyone any good and costs the government considerable money, tho nowhere as much as it does in the west, but its all relative.

He will suffer considerably just from the other convictions. I would think about showing some compassion and possibly seeing if u can withdraw the charge of attempted murder, though in some cases you have no power to do so as the Police want the kudos of locking another person up.

Anyone who attacks and injures anyone unprovoked, should be jailed for a very long time.

• Like 1

Good to get a nice story for a change,Phuket is heading downhill with the ever incessant greed.Every month i return and the prices have gone up.Three times more now to play golf than anywhere else in Thailand.Rawai area had a spate of young guys knocking old farangs off their bikes late at nite and robbing them.As for Patong area,i give it a wide birth.Different place when i first visited 18 years ago.Still , nowhere stays the same!

I would like to ask the OP how did this attack come about? How did the guy manage to pull the OP off of his motorbike? What time of day was this? Was he stationary at the time, traffic lights or caught up in traffic? Did he just jump on the OP in a surprise attack or was there any altercation prior to the assault?

I can tell you that the so-called assailant would never had been charged with attempted murder unless the OP had been very seriously injured due to the assault, almost dead in fact or in a critical condition, otherwise if this attack was unprovoked and there were no injuries, it is simply a case of an attempted assault even if the assailant was carrying a deadly weapon and if an altercation took place before the attack, the guy could claim he fought the OP in self defence, his word against the OP`s. Or in other words, this could never be as cut and dry as the OP has described. Also if the guy had been charged with attempted murder, than this is by no means the end of the matter, as there will be a criminal court case, perhaps several court attendances required, and the OP will have to attend including the witnesses, as only written witness statements would not suffice.

So what’s the real deal here?

Pathetic reply, You thai apologists are pathetic. You say he will probably be locked up forever. NONSENSE. You say he will suffer considerably, NONSENCE, and you want the O/P to show some compassion. Pathetic

• Like 2

Well done those Thai Ladies.

Not that it's required, but I hope that you return and express your gratitude.

No worries !

I fully intend to do that .

Bit bruised at the moment but I will ensure that I return with thanks and flowers in a couple of days

Great intent ... but Thais can't eat Flowers.

If they are food vendors ... maybe sample their wares and a nice tip for a thank you.

Just a thought ... well done and good luck.

You must not know Thai ladies well. They'll love the flowers ... and the gesture.

If they are food vendors ... maybe sample their wares and a nice tip for a thank you.

Just a thought ... well done and good luck.

You must not know Thai ladies well. They'll love the flowers ... and the gesture.

Thank you for that assumption but au contraire mon frère.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but our mileage differs.

I would like to ask the OP how did this attack come about? How did the guy manage to pull the OP off of his motorbike? What time of day was this? Was he stationary at the time, traffic lights or caught up in traffic? Did he just jump on the OP in a surprise attack or was there any altercation prior to the assault?

I can tell you that the so-called assailant would never had been charged with attempted murder unless the OP had been very seriously injured due to the assault, almost dead in fact or in a critical condition, otherwise if this attack was unprovoked and there were no injuries, it is simply a case of an attempted assault even if the assailant was carrying a deadly weapon and if an altercation took place before the attack, the guy could claim he fought the OP in self defence, his word against the OP`s. Or in other words, this could never be as cut and dry as the OP has described. Also if the guy had been charged with attempted murder, than this is by no means the end of the matter, as there will be a criminal court case, perhaps several court attendances required, and the OP will have to attend including the witnesses, as only written witness statements would not suffice.

I would also ask the OP for a urine and blood test of the attacked.Along with his name,age and sexual preferrences, these all have a bearing on the case. Hair colour too could have a bearing,was he wearing flip flops of shoes.

I will be EXTREMELY annoyed if it transpires that a foreigner was not badly beaten and saved by soup ladle wielding ladies. If it turns out he's been fibbing, then I hope he falls off his bike and breaks a toe

I would also ask the OP for a urine and blood test of the attacked.Along with his name,age and sexual preferrences, these all have a bearing on the case. Hair colour too could have a bearing,was he wearing flip flops of shoes.

These questions and many others will be answered in Attacked 2, coming to a cinema near you next week, or of course the OP could give us some more details making this thread more credible?

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Well done those Thai Ladies.

Not that it's required, but I hope that you return and express your gratitude.

No worries !

I fully intend to do that .

Bit bruised at the moment but I will ensure that I return with thanks and flowers in a couple of days

Perhaps wise to remember they can't eat flowers. Perhaps another way of thanking them may be available. Good story.

Depends on the TG - a true "lady" will be happy for the gesture.

The more transactionally-minded lasses will make the "can't eat it" comment.

No matter what they say, 99.99% would prefer an iPhone.

I will be EXTREMELY annoyed if it transpires that a foreigner was not badly beaten and saved by soup ladle wielding ladies. If it turns out he's been fibbing, then I hope he falls off his bike and breaks a toe

cheesy.gif