Attacked

Sceptict11

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great intent ... but Thais can't eat Flowers.

If they are food vendors ... maybe sample their wares and a nice tip for a thank you.

Just a thought ... well done and good luck.

I will be guided by my Thai lady wife !

She will know what is appropriate smile.png

Wise man ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

^^ Indeed, though we do tend to get it very wrong at times. Simply showing up with a wai (tips of fingers to the nose is enough) and buying from their stall is plenty. wink.png

Btw, I hope you got in a few kicks yourself...

I'm not surprised it was Phuket. The Patong-Karon-Kata route had a bad mugging problem 2 years ago with many similar incidents.

The difference now is that the new police commander is from Issan and he's not corrupt, and is trying to make a difference.

In respect to an expression of gratitude, flowers are indeed appropriate. More importantly, it is the gesture of gratitude that will be appreciated.

I have found that Thais do take it to heart when someone expresses thanks and especially when its done in public. The smiles you will generate will be genuine and will make the effort worthwhile because you will walk away feeling good.

• Like 1

Well done those Thai Ladies.

Not that it's required, but I hope that you return and express your gratitude.

No worries !

I fully intend to do that .

Bit bruised at the moment but I will ensure that I return with thanks and flowers in a couple of days

How about some new, premium quality, (much heavier) ladles! :D

Wow, heart-warming indeed, much better outcome than most such stories you hear.

Kudos to you for not escalating the conflict.

"...much better outcome than most such stories you hear."

Most stories you "hear" on TV are enhanced by the negatively fertile imaginations of the bar stool experts.

There was another thread about people who had had home burglaries and most of those I read portrayed the police as being helpful and quite often able to recover whatever was stolen. Of course that flies in the face of the accepted wisdom here, so it doesn't get much interest from the moaners.

• Like 1

Good to read such a positive post about Thailand, even if it is about a negative incident.

Must admit, I agree.

I'm not a 'rose-coloured glasses' guy, I just want to see a balanced argument.

The light and the dark side of Thaialnd, because, God knows ... they both exist.

Good to read such a positive post about Thailand, even if it is about a negative incident.

Must admit, I agree.

I'm not a 'rose-coloured glasses' guy, I just want to see a balanced argument.

The light and the dark side of Thaialnd, because, God knows ... they both exist.

Yes its quite positive something like this. (the helping not the attack)

• Like 1

Where in Phuket did this happen?

id like to know too so i can go interview the poor ladies. i just smell rat shit in this post.........lol.

ps im at an internet shop. they mopping the floor every hour and noone has walked the floor except maybe 2 people. is this what poor thais do all day?

Edited by oogster8
  • Like 1