A Suthep dilemma: what if the govt plays soft?

webfact

The Thai military - "outside the system?" The Thai military is very much in the core of Thailand and its politics. One need only look at Thailand's history since 1932 to know that. The Thai military may have an opportunity to top 1976 and and 1992 Bangkok slaughters with this upcoming shutdown. A next slaughter in Bangkok would be outdone only by the Thai south slaughter of 6,000 killings and tens of thousands injured and maimed over the last ten years.

• Like 1

The army will act for the demonstrators, most likely by providing weapons to attack the police if required. I doubt they would step in unless its to take control, as in a coup. The whole point is that the PDRC wants violence and chaos to achieve its goal to take over Thailand.

• Like 1

So what if they do?

Airports, BTS, water & electricity...there are endless possibilities to push this thing further and further and further!

...and I absolutely 100% think, he will!

• Like 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

The stubborness of the Taksin Regime plays in the hands of the PDRC. Anybody think that the army let them lead the country from a "Bunker" in Chiang Mai? They must play softly, if they not want to flee the country. The PDRC will stop the Government working and that was it for the first goal. More interesting is the question about filling the political vacuum, and the constitution of a "Reform Council". The people of the whole country must be involved, I hope the PDRC is aware about this. It would be better, if the people can manage this with help from the army, but without a military coup...wai2.gif

• Like 1

The stubborness of the Taksin Regime plays in the hands of the PDRC. Anybody think that the army let them lead the country from a "Bunker" in Chiang Mai? They must play softly, if they not want to flee the country. The PDRC will stop the Government working and that was it for the first goal. More interesting is the question about filling the political vacuum, and the constitution of a "Reform Council". The people of the whole country must be involved, I hope the PDRC is aware about this. It would be better, if the people can manage this with help from the army, but without a military coup...wai2.gif

Brilliantly astute observations.

PTP and the reds are just too smart for Suthep and his backers. They desperately want the reds to come out and engage in street riots to give the army a target and an excuse. All the reds have to do now is sit tight and let Suthep turn Bangkok against him with his childish antics. You can already see that the wind has gone from Sutheps sails and he's floundering around trying to keep his campaign alive. Roll on the election and the restoration of an elected government.

An elected government without Thaksin controlling it? That would work if it were possible.

I think they're scared as well. Abhisit tried the soft approach to start with and they are right to do the same. If they send in the army and people get killed, even if they aren't following ROE then logic says that they should face murder charges the same as Abhisit and Suthep. It's possible that this is Suthep's thinking as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kimamey

The army will act for the demonstrators, most likely by providing weapons to attack the police if required. I doubt they would step in unless its to take control, as in a coup. The whole point is that the PDRC wants violence and chaos to achieve its goal to take over Thailand.

Wow, you know everything! crap!

And therein lies the problem. . . "I hope the PDRC is aware about this"

I would add, even it they are aware, would they include the people of the whole country in reform? I think most people believe the answer to that would be a resounding big, fat NO.

Edited by Mr Yim

If the government plays it soft - which i do not think they can - then Suthep will keep pushing untill the army does something. It's very well possible that Suthep already negotiated the different scenarios with the military. The reds are in a dead end street.

Hmm, so far they have been relatively restrained. Yingluck has played her cards rather well thus far and I cant see a coup happening. If the Police pullback and let them go for their lives in blowing whistles who cares. If anyone is going to provoke violence it will I imagine come from the PDRC, if this occurs then the Army (and mark my words) will get involved and stop the protestors. There are bigger players then whom we think are involved here. The Army must protect the Police if violence is started by the PDRC, thus avoiding a coup. Suthep is the guy going down a dead end street and remember this post if what I have stated is not correct. Thailand cannot afford another coup and nor will it happen if the reds maintain their distance. I think the government will be as soft as possible to negate any coup and keep the generals out of the picture. Yingluck and her advisors have seen this all play out before, doesnt it seem ironic that the reds are not in town.... speak up anyone....

the last 3 letters of your name says it all clap2.gifcheesy.gif

This is as much a test of where the Military's loyalty lies. Are they protecting their own skin or the greater good of the Thai people? Which horse are they going to back. To me, crunch time comes on the 13th of January 2014 and they will have to decide which direction they will take. The military cannot antagonize the majority - or it could but with incalculable consequences to the Kingdom.

• Like 2

And therein lies the problem. . . "I hope the PDRC is aware about this"

I would add, even it they are aware, would they include the people of the whole country in reform? I think most people believe the answer to that would be a resounding big, fat NO.

Oh, I am sure, they are aware.

If only that would be their goal...

LOTS of complete bs here. You must be an avid reader of Voice Of Thaksin.....

VoiceofTaksin090916-30.jpg

If the government plays it soft - which i do not think they can - then Suthep will keep pushing untill the army does something. It's very well possible that Suthep already negotiated the different scenarios with the military. The reds are in a dead end street.

Hmm, so far they have been relatively restrained. Yingluck has played her cards rather well thus far and I cant see a coup happening. If the Police pullback and let them go for their lives in blowing whistles who cares. If anyone is going to provoke violence it will I imagine come from the PDRC, if this occurs then the Army (and mark my words) will get involved and stop the protestors. There are bigger players then whom we think are involved here. The Army must protect the Police if violence is started by the PDRC, thus avoiding a coup. Suthep is the guy going down a dead end street and remember this post if what I have stated is not correct. Thailand cannot afford another coup and nor will it happen if the reds maintain their distance. I think the government will be as soft as possible to negate any coup and keep the generals out of the picture. Yingluck and her advisors have seen this all play out before, doesnt it seem ironic that the reds are not in town.... speak up anyone....

When will the RS's get tired of playing Thaksin's puppets? When will the RS's throw him out and begin negotiating for the people in the northeast by themselves? When will they become a viable political party on their own accord?

Until that happens, democracy won't work in Thailand. It will continue to be proxy governments, possibly (allegedly?) taking money meant for the RS's constituents and leaving people like the poor farmers, to deal with moneylenders, because money that should be available to pay them isn't.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

When will the yellow shirts get tired of being Suthep's puppets?

• Like 1

Wow, you know everything! crap!

Give us your insights then, instead of a PDRC style reply.