True Home Wi-fi Problems

FrankFrink

Having had True Wi-Fi home package (512) installed recently I am experiencing a LOT of problems...

1. Router not always seen by my laptop - WLAN light on router (model: Billion WirelessG) not flashing regularly as it should to indicate signal - connecting directly via LAN cable is ok though... strange.

2. Connecting in last day to web sites receives this error much of the time:

---

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Any thoughts our there that point 2 is a True problem or my TCP/IP settings problem? My laptop is set to obtain IP and DNS automatically....

---

3. Incredibly slow sometimes - I realise this is a common problem. How to improve? Complain to True? Is 1MB connection or greater any better here?

Many thanks

I don't really have a solution, but I've been having the exact same problems with my True connection for the past month or so. It's most likely True, not your hardware.

In my case it seems to slow down to a crawl appx 5pm until late. But even other times of the day can be slow periodically. Interestingly, I found that if I route my browser via a secure encrypted proxy I can load all websites quickly, when without the proxy they don't seem to want to load at all. I use the firefox proxy button extension for easy switching on and off. This may not be an option for you, but you should try it if you can.