Anxious days ahead for divided Thailand

webfact

Murdoch asks the question "how could it have come to this" as if he/she didn't have a clue about Thailand's history of military coups, rampant corruption, repression of the poor, elite privileged class above the law with impunity, police bribery, nepotism and general criminal behavior that is protected by the establishment system.

• Like 2

Just think if Yingluck had been successful getting the modification to a fully elected senate, all of the Pheu Thai MP's could use the same recipe to buy their relatives and wives into the senate and after parliament had ramrodded through legislation the people in the senate would rubber stamp it. Sounds like a perfect way for Thaksin to maintain control for the next 100 years.

The superficiality of this article is astounding in that it is reflecting the US Governments stance. Looks like the US has backed the wrong horse again. Can't foreign press read and research?

A hypothetically corrupt elected politician like Yingluck is better than a violent, corrupt fascist dictator like Suthep. Those in power in Bangkok are all scared, the judiciary has already lined up to be selected by the new dictators of Thailand.

• Like 1

Thailand has had 18 coups or attempted coups since 1932. But it seems that the TV keyboard warriors are capable only of thinking back a few years and laying all of Thailand's current problems at the foot of TS.

And I thought the West had a high standard of education.................

nope. Ask most Americans to name a country starting with U?... THEY FAIL

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

I think most Americans would think of the United States or the Ukraine while we do refer to the USA as America we do know the actual name is the United States. Remember our pledge of allegiance reminds us of it. "I pledge allegiance to the United States of America". To tell the truth though it has been a long time since I have been there so i do not know if the atheists have gotten rid of the entire pledge allegiance or just the part "one nation under God".

Just think if Yingluck had been successful getting the modification to a fully elected senate, all of the Pheu Thai MP's could use the same recipe to buy their relatives and wives into the senate and after parliament had ramrodded through legislation the people in the senate would rubber stamp it. Sounds like a perfect way for Thaksin to maintain control for the next 100 years.

The superficiality of this article is astounding in that it is reflecting the US Governments stance. Looks like the US has backed the wrong horse again. Can't foreign press read and research?

Wasn't that how it was when Thaksin was first elected and the reason it was changed under the new constitution?

Thailand has had 18 coups or attempted coups since 1932. But it seems that the TV keyboard warriors are capable only of thinking back a few years and laying all of Thailand's current problems at the foot of TS.

Are you sure? U S A ?

They seem to be able to say that quite freely.

Sent from my phone, hence brevity and gypos

Theslime spoken like a true Republican I seem to remember Protestant and Catholics living and working side by side before the Republican movement realized that they could get more and more through terrisom. Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Was that before or after bloody sunday when 13 innocents were murdered by the army, ?what do you expect, lets just all line up and take on the british army like armies are supposed to, yeh and they would have lasted a nano second. what you have to discern is why.

Theslime you definitely are a Republican "13 innocents murdered by the army" 13 terriosts that couldnt do anymore harm you surely meant to say. By the way on bloody Sunday they only did last a nano second. It is about time Republicans got over the past "we want an inquiry for this, we want an inquest for that". The IRA were terriosts and were treated as such. More should have been done to completely wipe them from the earth

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you sure? U S A ?

They seem to be able to say that quite freely.

Sent from my phone, hence brevity and gypos

I was thinking Ugoslavia whistling.gif

Theslime you definitely are a Republican "13 innocents murdered by the army" 13 terriosts that couldnt do anymore harm you surely meant to say. By the way on bloody Sunday they only did last a nano second. It is about time Republicans got over the past "we want an inquiry for this, we want an inquest for that". The IRA were terriosts and were treated as such. More should have been done to completely wipe them from the earth Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Boy, you should realise that people ,blind like you, are one of the causes of troubles in this world. Demonstrating about injustice is not , nor ever will be Terroism. If you know anything about the Autopsy reports, which I dont think you want to, is a lot killed on that infamous sunday were shot under their armpits, which implies they had their hands in the air, as in dont shoot. You have the gaul to call protesters Terroists, Get over the past is it, we learn from the past, or most do., you excluded of course. still no mention from you and your blind mate about Loyalist murderers, Typical.

Theslime typical taig. Can you give evidence that they were shot while their hands were raised, yous usually claim that they were running away (would be pretty difficult to be running away throwing stones and aming weapons at Her Majesty's Armed forces with their arms in the air). And what started out as a peaceful protest turned violent when nationalists started attacking the Army. Should the Army stood by and allowed themselves to be targets? The loyalist Paramilitaries murdered in cold blood also, but why is it always the nationalists crying injustice? How about Warrenpoint, enniskillen, Omagh, Brighton, London, Belfast town centre to nabe just a few? Now the terrorists that carried out these atrocities are in power of Northern Ireland government. they are sick murders that should have been tried for treason to the crown and dealt with according.

A warrants been made for the arrest of Suthep.... Are they struggling to find him? He's not bin laden is he!

No Suthep is no more bin Laden than that guy in Abadobad was bin Laden OR than bin Laden survived his terminal kidney condition FIFTEEN YEARS ago.

And YES it's veering off topic BUT only in reaction to the mythical tomfoolery we are occasionally asked to choke on in public forms.

You guys get bonussed for this unproven unsubstantiated nonsense ?

Edited by Donnie Brasco

Theslime typical taig. Can you give evidence that they were shot while their hands were raised, yous usually claim that they were running away (would be pretty difficult to be running away throwing stones and aming weapons at Her Majesty's Armed forces with their arms in the air). And what started out as a peaceful protest turned violent when nationalists started attacking the Army. Should the Army stood by and allowed themselves to be targets? The loyalist Paramilitaries murdered in cold blood also, but why is it always the nationalists crying injustice? How about Warrenpoint, enniskillen, Omagh, Brighton, London, Belfast town centre to nabe just a few? Now the terrorists that carried out these atrocities are in power of Northern Ireland government. they are sick murders that should have been tried for treason to the crown and dealt with according. Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes certainly, try reading Your Lord Savilles report, which by the way took nearly forty years to come out, her majestys justice was long coming. The report states, that contary to the armies BS lies, there was no rock throwing, no petrol bombs being thrown. I suppose you wont believe in ya own governments report . British justice usually meant getting dragged in off the street, beaten nearly to death, then forced to sign a confession,s. no wonder the lads flocked to the Ra. Big man you must be, if ya wouldn,t run from soldiers shooting to kill ye. Nelson Mandela was considered a terroist, Gandi was considered a terroist. wonder if it had anything to do with injustice.

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist it is well knowan that he shipped arms to the IRA. Big man I am. Poor little nationalists never done anything wrong" we where only going to the shop for milk and I got arrested". Obviously you are a supporter of terrisom people like you make me sick

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra complains her country has become a state of lawlessness while pleading for the support of the powerful military."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif it has ALWAYS been a state of lawlessness under the reign of Thaksin, Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts"

And get a grasp of the Queens english please it is "YOU" not ya and ye Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif I tell you where the evidence is, and you criticise my spelling. Try looking at your own post Jan11th, on the first line is your word yous,4th line should be stand not stood, and 5th line is nabe, what ever that,s supposed to mean, giggle.gif

Nothing 'divided' on our estate. A nice bit of 'Siege Mentality" here. I was awoken this morning by the head of the Resident's Association asking if I'd like to contribute time, ideas and funds to the street party they've planned for Monday which I threw myself into with aplomb. Not too sure how my suggestion for coyote girls to serve the drinks and to entertain us....washed with the womenfolk but got me a long cold look from the missus.

yes people should live forward without pointing at each other's past mistakes. If they do like what others said & done in the past then I see no difference in ether group. Only difference is the team they are on otherwise they are using same tongue, same tactics, doing same old thing that's killing each other & burning down the city, not letting others live normal life & shutting down government offices with kind of job how can they claim to be better then the other because they do exactly the same as other group... So no group or no color seems to do any good all is to destroy the country & rob others off from their normal life!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand