Odds of US military invasion on Korean Peninsula rising

webfact

Start trading with the North.. isolation has just caused problems. Tell me where its paid off. Integration trade and talking works. But thats Not the American way. Free Trade my Arse

Do you pay attention to what goes on outside of Thailand? In the past the US has given food to North Korea when they were where showing they stopped all progress on their nuclear program. However that did not last long and North Korea started again, therefore the embargo. The leader is a nut case. All he cares about is himself while his people starve and die but he is living the high life so it just doesn't matter. Keeping the embargo in place is keeping him in check and making it hard for them to move forward with their military programs. So why do you think free trade will help?

Half right. Food for no nukes worked until Bush came to power and threw a huge spanner in the works with his Axis of Evil. Following the lies that led to the invasion of Iraq, NK decided that developing nuclear weapons was a good way of ensuring no invasion there. Things were exacerbated by the election of a right-wing president in S Korea. So no negotiations.

Yes, The ruling dynasty in NK are nut cases but you don't deal with a nut case by inciting him with your own nut cases. The article may be crap but the only way to deal with NK is by talking with them - without any preconditions. As it hasn't been tried since 2000, it's worth a try now.

The US and the CCP have enormous trade and financial investments yet the two are arming to the teeth against one another.

Still, no hostilities have broken out and that has to be in part due to economic and financial interconnectedness. How far that may go in avoiding hostilities is another matter, especially if a stray or errant pilot does something stupid or some ship captain on either side rams or blasts somebody on the other side.

still better than back when it was US vs USSR - The US and the USSR had no trade and financial investments, yet the two were armed to the teeth against one another. Still, no hostilities broke out...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have actually been thinking that if any country invades North Korea, it will be China. For them

it is like having a rabid dog at your doorstep, just a matter of time until you have to do something

about it. I am sure China is furious that bizarre posturing by the little fat kid has brought an

increased American military presence into the area. So I think a lightning quick invasion by

China would solve the problem, add some land to China, and the whole world would be

applauding....

how do you know how developed the neanderthal man was?

At the times of the neanderthalers, there were NO wars, just some fights with the neighbors (mostly about women, what else?!?)

So in that respect (wars, not women), we are definitely LESS advanced than the neanderthalers smile.png

Were you there?

Oh please, there is zero chance the US is going to invade NK. At last count, NK had 9.5 million personnel under arms in their military, militia and nation guardsmen. This is the reason no one messes with the psycho nutcase in charge.

And, you think the US and allies would hit them from the ground? Think of Libya. Think of the idea of hitting Syria. It was all about shelling from ships and air attacks. Why put boots on the ground when you can knock them out with carrier groups and a variety of bombers?

Didn't we learn our lesson in Iraq and Afghanistan and even Vietnam?

You are right. You can't defeat an enemy on its own soil. But there's no need to and most recently the US seems to have changed its tactics.

• Like 1

Oh please, there is zero chance the US is going to invade NK. At last count, NK had 9.5 million personnel under arms in their military, militia and nation guardsmen. This is the reason no one messes with the psycho nutcase in charge.

And, you think the US and allies would hit them from the ground? Think of Libya. Think of the idea of hitting Syria. It was all about shelling from ships and air attacks. Why put boots on the ground when you can knock them out with carrier groups and a variety of bombers?

Didn't we learn our lesson in Iraq and Afghanistan and even Vietnam?

You are right. You can't defeat an enemy on its own soil. But there's no need to and most recently the US seems to have changed its tactics.

The media/basketball-approach....

Not enough our problems with the political situation in Thailand, now we are faced with a possible war with North Korea!

God....put some sense to all of them!

Let's put some context to this. 800 Soldiers Not 80,000.... Anyone have half a xanax laying around? ;)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have actually been thinking that if any country invades North Korea, it will be China. For them

it is like having a rabid dog at your doorstep, just a matter of time until you have to do something

about it. I am sure China is furious that bizarre posturing by the little fat kid has brought an

increased American military presence into the area. So I think a lightning quick invasion by

China would solve the problem, add some land to China, and the whole world would be

applauding....

Your forgetting that South Koreans still see the North as their homeland. This is still technically speaking still an ongoing war. So Chinese invade and you pee the South Koreans and America and its allies BIG time... Full stop...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app