Importing a big bike

Lobber

I want to import a Harley Davidson motorcycle circa 1998 - from the UK. I understand that that the import taxes are high, (70-80%) depending on age & customs officers discretion rolleyes.gif

Has any member imported a big bike from UK - & what are the pitfalls,

I understand I can buy a bike here in Thailand , and I'm not doing this to try and get it into the country any cheaper than buying a similar bike locally. - so would appreciate information on the procedure, legalities etc , rather than just "buy one here" replies or why a HD !!.

Can you do it yourself, what's involved?

Can you use an agent to import it?

Would existing bike shops do this for you (obviously for a fee??)

Cheers waiting for some constructive info

Too many threads on this so a simple search would tell you all you need.

I can't recall a single case of anyone importing a bike themselves.

Other's may correct me but I also think you can't import a used vehicle into Thailand any longer.

Customs can actually confiscate your scoot in Thailand.I know you've heard this.I hate saying this to you.Cause I will need to do it also.Sell your scoot.Then buy another one in Thailand.Either go to internet sites and buy A used one .Or go to Bangkok Harley Davidson and buy A new or used one.Good luck to ya.

I used to do it a lot between 2002 - 2007 brought in 28 bikes myself and another 51 for others but it was a lot of problems we lost a few to customs it cost a lot of time and money and bull ,,but now i would not even bother its got much more difficult ,, DONT DO IT sell your UK bike and buy something here .

• Like 2

To import a vehicle into Thailand you need the permission of the Commerce Department first this can take up to two years to receive permission. I know someone who imported a MG TD into Thailand and that's what he did first, he paid no tee money that's why two years.