Band aid and other first aid stuff

raro

Need to restock my first aid kit I bought in Germany.

Just out of fascino, they have some of the items I was looking for but by far not all of them.

Most appalling was that they do not carry any decent wound dressing. Either it's the gauze pad or the plastic variety that doesn't stick properly. But no anti allergic sticking well and coming off easy type.

Any other place in town where to get this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think Facino was your best bet but you can always take a look at D-Pharmacy on Sukhumvit just south of the cross-over on the East side. They also have a store on Theppriset about half way down on the left.

Which Facino did you buy from? There are a few around town but I found out the biggest and best one is on Pattaya Nua (North Road) not too far from the Tesco Lotus.

You could always try Boots in central festival or watsons Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Great reply however I know that both those places do not carry what the OP is looking for unfourunetly.

Raro, you could also buy that from the Pharmacies in some of the Hospitals but you know what they might charge you. Banglamung would be the best hospital to try.

You for sure won't find the brand band aids here. I looked for years & finally just picked up a couple of boxes in the states a couple year back. Too bad they work great & don't fall off. Bactroban is awesome & cheap here as a topical antibiotic. We use it exclusively for any type of anti-bacterial salve if your wound can handle that type of texture. It takes an act of God here to find 91% isopropyl alcohol as well. The 70% blue crap just doesn't cut it. I picked that up in the states as well.

Good luck on your quest Raro. I know this quest well!

I would have said Boots but then I live in the UK, Hope you find somewhere, though I suppose at present their are many like minded citizens restocking their first aid boxes.

like minded citizens restocking their first aid boxes.

Citizens? I don't think many Thais are stocking up in anticipation of playing nurse. Which citizens did you mean?

I usually slather on a bit of Dettol and put on a Tigerplast or Tensoplast plaster for a cut. If I really think there's a need for an antibiotic I'd use some Garamycin cream. All readily available at one or another pharmacy. If the plaster comes off, gets wet or whatever, I put on another one. So far I haven't lost any limbs to gangrene or osteomyelitis. Have also been able to treat prickly heat and itchy scalp and a few other minor things from the appalling stock of meds locally available.

I suppose my approach means I'll never get that elusive Boy Scout First Aid merit badge nor will it properly prepare me for trench warfare, but somehow I expect I'll soldier on. For anything serious I'd probably use one of the numerous medical facilities/hospitals.

medicine-and-health-triage.jpg

• 9 months later...