Transferring Green Book Without Previous Owner

tonymontana32

Hi Peeps,

I bought a bike (Honda Airblade) from a friend about a year ago and we didn't transfer the green book to my name as he had to leave the country quickly, I am looking to sell it as I have just bought a new Nouvo SX and would like to get it transferred into my name as it will be easier to sell.

Has anyone had any experience or know if it is at all possible to have it in my name? Maybe tea money being paid etc.

Thanks in advance

I had a similar scenario a couple of years back, unfortunately I could not find a way, the seller must give them a copy of an active visa (30 day on arrival is fine). I tried everything including nudges and winks to the transport officers and got nowhere. Hope you have better luck!

I think you will need a power of attorney from the pre-owner incl. transfer form (Thai), sales contract, passport copy etc. then it shouldn´t be a problem.

The other way could be to hand over this case to a dealer for manage that for you for a small service fee.

Without anything from the pre-owner I have no idea.

Edited by Bagsida

I think you will need a power of attorney from the pre-owner incl. transfer form (Thai), sales contract, passport copy etc. then it shouldn´t be a problem......

Nope, if the seller is "non-thai", he also needs a "certificate of residence" from the Immigration office (or a copy of the yellow tabien baan, if any).

Whereas all the other missing docs could be obtained (with some creativity ..whistling.gif) relatively easy, this ^^ could be a show stopper...

• Like 1

I think you will need a power of attorney from the pre-owner incl. transfer form (Thai), sales contract, passport copy etc. then it shouldn´t be a problem......

Nope, if the seller is "non-thai", he also needs a "certificate of residence" from the Immigration office (or a copy of the yellow tabien baan, if any).

Whereas all the other missing docs could be obtained (with some creativity ..whistling.gif) relatively easy, this ^^ could be a show stopper...

Only the buyer needs a certificate of residence, even if foreignseller. Seller needs power of attorney form signed, transfer doc signed, copies of passport and current visa

I sold my Yamaha nuovo a little over a year ago in Pattaya. Here is the post that I followed & they asked for everything on the list. The res certificate was needed for bothe parties. With the exception of if the person is Thai than his or her ID book or ID card is only needed. They did turn an English fellow away to go back to immigration & get 2 copies of Residence 1 Original & the other could be a copy.

Here is Pattaya's requirements. Not sur if BKK is the same or if it is up to the providence. Immigration here says the same in req. if you buy or sell in Pattaya

• Green book (signed by the seller at the appropriate place)
• If sold by a Thai - copy seller’s ID card - both sides signed.
• If sold by a Thai - copy of house document Ta Bian Ban - signed
• If sold by a farang then passport and immigration statement/proof as to where living)
• Vehicle transfer of ownership form – signed and witnessed
• Power of attorney (proxy) form – signed and witnessed (no need to make it out to anyone specific

am not sure what the power of attorney letter you keep mentioning is. I don't think I have ever used one. Just copy of ID card and tabien baan of seller, ownership transfer form or sales receipt, your passport and residency docs and the green book. Easy peasy.

The process is they take the green book, sales receipt, seller's ID card and house registry, signed copy of your passport to the Department of Land Transport. This can be done in any province. The DLT may want to inspect the bike's serial numbers to match the book and check the database to ensure it isn't stolen. Fill out the ownership transfer form (Thai language only) available at the DLT office. Once that is done, the DLT keeps the book to update it, it usually takes about a week, and they will have the green book ready with your name in it. The charge depends on the purchase price of the bike and the CC size of the motor. For a 400 CC Virago, expect about 2000 baht or so. That's it. You don't actually need to be there at any stage.

So for me, the girl at the insurance company is a little cutie, so I had her hop on the back of my bike and take me to the local DLT. This was in Kanchanaburi. The inspection and signoff took 5 minutes. Got her phone number and the rest is history. I wouldn't have done any of this myself, but she loved my matte black sport bike and wanted a ride on it. All that is left is they pick up the green book from the DLT and they can either mail it to me or I can go pick it up. Obviously, I will pick it up and see the girl again.
-Signed ownership transfer document
-Signed power of attorney letter
-Signed copy of ID card
-Signed copy of Tabien Baan

You will need:
-Signed copy of passport
-Signed copy of Visa
-Signed copy of WP or residence certificate from embassy/immigration

For farang seller, copy passport including valid permit to stay is needed. Some DLT also require certificate of residence

For farang buyer, passport as above, certificate of residence, and some DLT require to see original passport

For Thais, ID card only, make sure ID number matches ID in reg book, make sure card is not expired

For all, signed transfer form, witnessed

• Like 2

Only the buyer needs a certificate of residence, even if foreignseller. Seller needs power of attorney form signed, transfer doc signed, copies of passport and current visa

This is just wrong.

It wasn't needed a few years ago, but nowadays it's impossible without a "certificate of residence (or copy of tabien baan)" from the seller.

My wife transfers bikes every week...so believe me, it's from "first-hand".....at least in Pattaya/Banglamung or Chonburi

Edited by Turkleton

This is just wrong.

It wasn't needed a few years ago, but nowadays it's impossible without a "certificate of residence (or copy of tabien baan)" from the seller.

My wife transfers bikes every week...so believe me, it's from "first-hand".....at least in Pattaya/Banglamung or Chonburi

Different in different provinces then, I did it just before xmas in Phuket and definitely did not need a cert of residence as the seller. just the docs i mentioned, or maybe i got away with it!