Transport Ministry prepared for chaotic Bangkok Monday

webfact

"Transport Ministry prepared for chaotic Bangkok Monday"

Well, that's a first.

hah! I think there might be some youngsters here who do not know what it was like before BTS,MRT, elevated roads and expressways. 2 or 3 hours sometimes to get across town. Bangkok is a dream most days for ease of transport. Even on the big protest day with more than 50,000 ( maybe even 75000), it was quite easy to move around by BTS
Youngster? I wish. Been here 12 years so know exactly how much the MRT/BTS has improved things. Most of this article is about roads. Roads are still chaotic, no matter what. Edited by Bluespunk

"Transport Ministry prepared for chaotic Bangkok Monday"

Well, that's a first.

hah! I think there might be some youngsters here who do not know what it was like before BTS,MRT, elevated roads and expressways. 2 or 3 hours sometimes to get across town. Bangkok is a dream most days for ease of transport. Even on the big protest day with more than 50,000 ( maybe even 75000), it was quite easy to move around by BTS

Youngster? I wish. Been here 12 years so know exactly how much the MRT/BTS Has improved things. Most of this article is about roads. Roads are still chaotic, no matter what.

Yes, agree. I didn't mean you...I know you are ancient because of your (good)taste in music

• Like 1

There is no information in that article that will help people prepare to get to work tomorrow. Where are these parking lots, etc etc. Why is the airport link so dam_n inadequate?! They don't know how to organize traffic on a Sunday, why should anyone think they have anything under control for the 13th Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely correct. They have little or no concept and even less credibility. . Simply just the superficial bull that flows with impunity from officialdom with monotonous regularity. Anything they propose with have the same impact as throwing a snowball at the moon.

I think under the circumstances everyone is trying to get the best results out of a bad situation, probably if you can, staying home would be the best option, however everyone needs to earn a Quid, coming off a seven day holiday break , not everyone can afford to stay away from work, tourists would or should stay well away , it's times like these you need minties

Agree with you. Staying at home without earning means letting money go. Not unless people get paid even without working.

Why anybody would want to live in Bangkok, is beyond me, but I guess enough people do.

All this, is great for tourism in the North. We get more and more people, in our bar, who stick around here, because they don't want to get caught in the Bangkok traffic jams, during this "Occupy Bangkok" time.

A lot of people, will be in the protest areas, others will leave town for a few days, to get away from it all, so I doubt, that traffic will be much worse, than it normally is, in Bangkok.

Because it's the only place in Thailand that's an international, almost "First World" city, where you can meet interesting people from all over the world who aren't just retired losers like in Issan or brainless beach bum drunks like in Phuket, you can buy anything, the cost of living is lower than any comparably developed city in the world, the interesting activities you can do are endless, shopping, nightlife and cultural events are incomparable to anywhere else in Thailand, and when you feel the need to get away for a while, you can fly very cheaply to anywhere in the world from the airport. Bangkok is a unique city in that it combines tremendous freedom, an "anything goes" attitude with excellent infrastructure, opportunities and endless entertainment possibilities, all available at a very low cost. Pollution is also nowhere near as bad as comparably sized cities in China, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. There is simply nowhere else in the world like Bangkok, which is why so many people love it. I have travelled and lived all over Thailand, and now I'm content to stay in Bangkok. I no longer have any need or desire to go to overpriced, tacky Phuket, smoky boring Chiang Mai, sleazy dirty bottom-of-the-barrel Pattaya, dreary backward Issan or anywhere else for that matter. Bangkok is THE only place to live in Thailand for those who want to live an exciting, flexible, international lifestyle without necessarily spending a lot of money. I personally love Bangkok and couldn't imagine living anywhere else in Thailand!

I have lived in more Asian cities like Tokyo and currently Singapore and I can tell you that Bangkok have slipped rapidly. Initially it seems a nice world city but transport is a mess, it's polluted and not that cheap as people sometimes believe. Service and quality is quite average and let's not talk about subjects like crime and chaos and corruption. It can be fun for a night out or so but there are far better places in Thailand to stay and if you want to live the city life choose other Asian cities. Bangkok is loosing it's shine rapidly at least that is my opinion. But I agree that in Pataya you rather will not be seen at all.

Will I join the Mob on Monday?... YES

Am I afraid?..... NO

What if something happens?... "GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN THAN HE LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIEND"

I love Thailand and support Thai people to have a fair chance, a free election and AN END TO CORRUPTION.

Block the roads, lock Bangkok, let Businesses loose lots of money and tourist drop for months to come, great move. Has nothing to do with love for Thailand and all that nonsense.