Dukes bar Kata.

hansgruber

The landlords decided to be greedy and, seeing a successful business increased the rent to an unacceptable level. The owner of the business called their bluff and refused to pay, so Dukes, since 15th December, has been another empty Thaina Road business.

I wasn't a regular, just an occasional user, but they knew me by name behind the bar. It was a well run bar that was popular with sports fans in particular and will be missed. The owner, last I heard, had no plans to relocat but if I hear differently I'll post.

Sad to see that once busy area dead like this. Had many a night in that street.

Dr Chusak is still doing a roaring trade.

The soi that runs behind dukes, easy rider bar soi is completely abandoned. The old kata Pharmacy is even closed down.

Dr Chusak is still doing Ok, but under pressure from the 2 extra doctors near the Kata market area. So many places I used to frequent 17 years ago in that streer - all gone. Even the Bluefin is struggling. Can't see them being in business this low season.

Sad to see that once busy area dead like this. Had many a night in that street.

Dr Chusak is still doing a roaring trade.

The soi that runs behind dukes, easy rider bar soi is completely abandoned. The old kata Pharmacy is even closed down.

That soi really has not changed much. There is the small hotel, opened 2007 or so, and the storage from the minimarket, a laundry and a small restaurant (excellent food, really like to go there, and next to them Easy Riders. And that is it in that soi.

I'm glad I moved away from that area in 2008.