Accomodation Koh Lipe

Mangkhut

Hi there folks

I am thinking about taking a few days on Koh Lipe in the end of february/beginning of march. But I havent been there before so I thought I might ask for advice here. I would like some advice for accomodation on the island. I prefer a quiet area, a relatively comfy bed (not those concret-like mattresess you often find in thai hotels/guesthouses) air con, hot water and a fridge and wifi could be great as well. Doesnt need to be top notch or luxury at all.....

I hope for a price around 1000-1500 baht pr night, absolut max 2000 baht.

And where and how to book as well. And please dont say Agoda, Hotels.com and other booking bandits - and dont start a discussion about it either.... ;-)

Thanks in advance! :-)

Take a look at this page. We have used it twice for our travels to Koh Lipe.

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/southern_thailand/satun/ko_lipe/all

Thanks for helpful link. smile.png

Any more advice about accomodation Koh Lipe?

You might consider taking the train to Had Yai. We did on our first trip. It was my first time overnight on a Thai train. The downside is it is a very long ride,16 or 18 hours. That was five years ago. At that time first class train tickets were the same or a little less than flying. We also flew about three years ago. Koh Lipe had undergone major construction between our trips. It is relative, I guess if you have not been there before you have nothing to compare. Our first trip we stayed at Forra resort on the beach. Those beach bungalows were gone on our second trip. Lost in a land dispute. I think eight or ten years ago was the time to go. We thoroughly enjoyed SCUBA diving there both trips. Is is unfortunate that it has become an International destination.

I don't remember the second hotels name. We preferred Sunrise Beach(first trip) to Pattaya Beach.

Edited by rucus7