Farmers.Metting

aussieruss

Hi all it's. One yearon and wondering. If there's still interest. To meet the farmers. Doing. There. Thing in april. as this. Is my last one month. Holiday. Before. I retire.at the end of year Things. Have. Been different. In the last year. On thefarmers. Forum. And I hope. They can survive. Would some one new like to put there hand up rgds Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Costa?????? What can't. You understand

I blame. it on the phone. but you can see what I was trying. toget across. so up to you .can talk s@#t or respond like. normal. adults .rgds. Russell

Sorry Russell, I had no intention of being rude to you.

And if I did, please accept my apologies.

My problem was and still is that I couldn't understand what are you trying to say.

I could say.....it sounds Greek to me......but that wouldn't be appropriate for me being Greek.

My apologies again.

Regards

Costas

No problem. Costa. I have a farm near Korat. I spend one month each year. in LOS I try togo to a farmers metting. each year to get ideas. and meet people. and drink to much. I am booking. my ticket. so it's. time to talk about. a meeting to. I am 54 I turn 55 in September. then I can retire. if I wish but these meetings. help me look at the big picture. Rgds Russell

• Like 1

No problem. Costa. I have a farm near Korat. I spend one month each year. in LOS I try togo to a farmers metting. each year to get ideas. and meet people. and drink to much. I am booking. my ticket. so it's. time to talk about. a meeting to. I am 54 I turn 55 in September. then I can retire. if I wish but these meetings. help me look at the big picture. Rgds Russell

Hi aussieruss,

Well done bringing up the subject of the Farmers Meetings on the Forum again and look forward to welcoming you back to Thailand for the LAST of your annual monthly holidays. Then about one year hence, Thailand won't know whats hit it when you hopefully come here on a more permanent basis!!

Everyone.

I feel that I am partly to blame for the lack of subsequent Meetings as I held the last one in June last year which those who attended seemed to thoroughly enjoy even though we had quite a number of last minute absentees. Sadly when it comes to holding a Meeting, farmers seem to be a rather shy community!! We have been six different farming ventures and as Wormfarmer & I have held 2 meetings each that makes up 8 Meetings and then the other was a very popular and successful Meeting going round one of the King's Agricultural Research Centres and then having a party into the night as the resort where most of us were staying. Thus making 9 Meetings so far. We are almost all basically small farmers - not large commercial operations - and I think very few of us, if any, were involved in agriculture before we came here BUT we all love the peace,space and clean air of nature in the country and by being involved in farming carry on learning as we go and keeps us fit and active!!

Maybe it is the fact that they are called Farmers Meetings that put potential hosts off, as that sounds structured and formal.

Maybe they should have been called Farmers Socials as that would have been more appropriate as there is NO structure and NOTHING formal.

It is just a gathering of like minded people who love the outdoor life to meet up for a day away, see different parts of Isaan, look round and learn about our hosts venture and generally chat with others about problems we may have (or anything else) over a simple lunch and maybe BBQ supper while downing a bottle or 3 and generally having a good day out and making new friends.

Any possible host, let me know to talk more.

re. The offer of a possible Farmers Meeting in Laos.

I would here like to thank MrOdyssey for the offer and very hard work that he put in when he offered to hold a Meeting up as his place in the Bolaven Plateau in Laos during November or December last year. It created quite a lot of interest and discussion BUT Mobaan, I think, was the only one who expressed their interest on the blog as being able to go at that time and I know you aussieruss and Dancealot would have liked to go but could not be in the country during that period. Bergen, I have just seen in 'what happened to the farming forum' blog that it should be revived. I would agree but first we would have to find out whether MrOdyssey would be happy to and when would be a suitable sort of date for him and if so that would be a very good reason for having another meeting where and when details could be thrashed out face to face.

Must stop now BUT please all of you have thoughts about what I have said.

Hope to see many of you again fairly soon.

AA1.

• Like 2

As far as a gathering on the Bolaven Plateau in Laos goes I think we can forget that for a year or two as Richard (aka. MrOdyssey), who would have hosted such a gathering, seems to have succumbed to the comforts of the US of A. You can read all about it on his blog at : http://www.wrongwayhome.com/2014/01/the-autumn-of-16647-kilometers-of-lateral-drift/.

That means that, if we want to continue with such gatherings, we need a volunteer to host one sometime soon, preferably in April when aussieruss is in-country. As AA1 says, nothing formal, just a happy gathering of like minded people who try to help their spouses with a bit of "farming". Theoretically it doesn't cost you anything apart from a bit of effort as attendees are asked to chip in for food and drink or bring their own drink, as well as finding their own accommodation, sometimes with the help of local knowledge from the host.

As far as a gathering on the Bolaven Plateau in Laos goes I think we can forget that for a year or two as Richard (aka. MrOdyssey), who would have hosted such a gathering, seems to have succumbed to the comforts of the US of A. You can read all about it on his blog at : http://www.wrongwayhome.com/2014/01/the-autumn-of-16647-kilometers-of-lateral-drift/.

That means that, if we want to continue with such gatherings, we need a volunteer to host one sometime soon, preferably in April when aussieruss is in-country. As AA1 says, nothing formal, just a happy gathering of like minded people who try to help their spouses with a bit of "farming". Theoretically it doesn't cost you anything apart from a bit of effort as attendees are asked to chip in for food and drink or bring their own drink, as well as finding their own accommodation, sometimes with the help of local knowledge from the host.

Drinks sorted already

• Like 1

Hi all I find it hard to understand why these Meetings are so hard to put together. Could some one give any answer where the problem lies

ps at the end of the day I see it as a day/ weekend out look at New places meet new people have a BBQ and beer

Rgds Russell

• Like 1