Pizza Company - Delivery Charge

Yaaklenmai

all that fabulous Thai food and you are eating sh.t , your choice your money i supposes.

again comparing Thailand with the UK ,

Each to their own I guess, I'd prefer to eat a steaming pile of dog excrement than most thai food.

to the OP, I believe the delivery charge is used to pay the delivery person.

Could you please share your favorite dog poop recipes with the rest of us? I mean, we have to assume you prepare these delicacies at home, since they're not sold streetside.

I tip them anyway.

Forget the tip money...they should have driver education on their bikes...never in my life have I seen such idiot drivers, ...

Like to see a more import informative topic..for instant..environmental issues...WHY are the garbage bins here in N. Pattaya so small and that the garbage is always overflowing...why has the local governmental environmental personal watch dogs do something with re-cycling the waste products...as back in Canada we have Two separate bins ONE for GLASS, MeTAL and one for PAPER products for re-cycling ..... It is disguising to see garbage ...will hope Thai Visa has an forum on this topic and that the Pizza that comes in the cardboard box can be re-cycled not just another paper product on the side of the over-flowed garbage bin!

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal. Do not post using overly large font.

all that fabulous Thai food and you are eating sh.t , your choice your money i supposes.

again comparing Thailand with the UK ,

Each to their own I guess, I'd prefer to eat a steaming pile of dog excrement than most thai food.

to the OP, I believe the delivery charge is used to pay the delivery person.

Could you please share your favorite dog poop recipes with the rest of us? I mean, we have to assume you prepare these delicacies at home, since they're not sold streetside.

Feces Pieces Pie

For Dog feces base:

1 oreo/graham cracker pie crust

6 oz cream cheese (about 3/4 of a package)

1/2 cup sugar

1/4-1/2 cup milk

1/4-1/2 cup fresh creamy dog feces

1/2 cup whipping cream

1 env gelatin

For custard:

2 eggs

1/4 cup sugar

dark rum smile.png

1/4-1/2 cup milk or cream

1 env gelatin

Soften the cream cheese, and mix, adding milk a little at a time, until you get a smooth (no lumps !!) thick liquid somewhere between whipping cream and syrup in consistency. Blend in sugar on medium, until the mixture tastes like cheesecake (in fact, it IS cheesecake). Set aside.

Blend cheesecake mixture with Feces. Leave on double boiler until you completely dissolve an envelope of gelatin in about 1/4 cup of hot water. Blend into the mixture, and after it has cooled a while, put it in the fridge until it thickens a little. While you wait, whip up the cream. After the mixture has thickened, fold in the whipped cream. Pour into the crust to slightly above half way. Eat remaining mixture (or fill second crust) Put in fridge to set (an hour or two).

Break eggs into a small saucepan, and remove the stringy things that hold the yolk in place. Mix to an even consistency. Mix in milk, sugar and rum to taste. Take healthy swig of rum (by this time, you deserve it). Vary proportions to taste. Final mixture should be a pale yellow color. Put on low heat, and stir 'til thickened (the egg should cook a bit, maybe in five-ten minutes). Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water and mix well. Set aside to cool. Once custard has cooled, pour on top of set feces mixture, which should now be firm. Guzzle remaining custard. Put back in the fridge. It should set in one or two hours. If the final product seems too mushy, put in freezer about an hour or two before serving. Serve with whipped cream (use rum instead of vanilla when whipping :) ). There's so much fat in there, a little whipped cream won't make a difference!!!!

Edited by Spoonman

To the OP: Yes, there is a delivery charge. If you were to pick the pizza up yourself at the outlet, you will not be charged for delivery. Many times I would order pizza and they'd add the delivery charge, but when I tell them that I'm picking it up myself, they delete it. So feel free to tip generously.

To the OP: Yes, there is a delivery charge. If you were to pick the pizza up yourself at the outlet, you will not be charged for delivery. Many times I would order pizza and they'd add the delivery charge, but when I tell them that I'm picking it up myself, they delete it. So feel free to tip generously.

The people that are squeaking about the pizza delivery fee want to pay the same price as the people that pick their pizza up. It's not fair that they don't get free delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, the people that pick their pizza up should have to deliver someone else's pizza FREE because they are going anyway. That helps the environment too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Pizza Co., is a greedy, rich company that cheats all their workers. It's a fact that a pizza only costs them about three baht to make. They should sell the pizza for ten Baht, keep one Baht for profit and let the workers have the rest of the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so smart and care so much, yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure about thailand but USA delivery charge does not go directly to the driver. Pizza hut: $2.50 delivery charged per customer. Driver gets .89 cents if they take one. Driver gets 1.39 if they take 2 deliveries. Driver gets 1.39 if they take 3 or more. Or manager would make us take 4 at a time charging the customer 10 dollars and only giving us 1.39. It is a scam and a driver destroys there vehicle and delivery charge never paid for gas completely. This pizza hut was owned by NPC and I believe drivers have tried suing them. I think they won in 2011. Always tip the driver. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

your manager was APOS, when i delivered (about twelve years ago) we kept all the delivery charges. If i took 3 out, i got the whole $1.5 (it was $.50 back then) plus tips. not enough to live, but about adequate for the wear and tear on the car.

Not sure about thailand but USA delivery charge does not go directly to the driver. Pizza hut: $2.50 delivery charged per customer. Driver gets .89 cents if they take one. Driver gets 1.39 if they take 2 deliveries. Driver gets 1.39 if they take 3 or more. Or manager would make us take 4 at a time charging the customer 10 dollars and only giving us 1.39. It is a scam and a driver destroys there vehicle and delivery charge never paid for gas completely. This pizza hut was owned by NPC and I believe drivers have tried suing them. I think they won in 2011. Always tip the driver. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

your manager was APOS, when i delivered (about twelve years ago) we kept all the delivery charges. If i took 3 out, i got the whole $1.5 (it was $.50 back then) plus tips. not enough to live, but about adequate for the wear and tear on the car.

I was told the drivers use to get 80% of the cut. Over the years company went very greedy. NPC corporation (owns largest amount of pizza huts) lost a lawsuit in 2011 but I was told it did not change much. Also in 2012 NPC cuts drivers pay from minimum wage; 7 an hour to 2.5 an hour when manager dispatches you on a delivery.

NPC was making a profit just from delivery charges and screwing over a driver who just wants to make a living.

This is how companies keep low prices on food. I feel the delivery charge has just turned into a scam.

I think if order delivery in thailand ask the driver about the delivery charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have no idea why people think this is a "moral" issue, or that the delivery charge should go to the boy who delivers the pizza.

Perhaps it works that way back in their home country?

The company charges a delivery fee as an added value service to save you having to go out to the restaurant as you would have to otherwise.

If you want food delivered, you agree to pay that extra fee.

There is no need to tip anything at all, and the usual practice here is to give the driver some of the spare change, in my case between 20 and 50 baht, maybe up to 100 if I was feeling flush and/or showing off to someone.

It's nobody else's business what the arrangement is between the company and their employee - if they're just paying minimum wage, and the driver is willing to pay for their own moto in the expectation that tips will cover that expense, or maybe they just like that job as opposed to others available to them, that's their business not the customers.

Going on about "social justice" in this context seems silly to me, we're all free-market capitalists now aren't we? Or if you really do want to fight for labor rights in Thailand (good luck with that) I'm sure there are much more exploitative scenarios you could focus your energy on, starting with outright slavery conditions for foreign workers in the fishing business, where workers literally get tossed overboard at the captains' whim.

• Like 1

We tip 150. I could care less if it ruins it for other expats. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Awesome :-).

Sad others do not understand. Go pick it up if you refuse to tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why ?

they are advertising a delivered pizza for 40 thb

,giving 40 + additional 150 is just stupidity and feeds the belief that farang have more money than sense

I can't stand how those deliveryboys drive here in our moobaan so i go there myself and pick them up. Also they give me 2 pizza's for the price of 1 if i go there myself.

Here in the moobaan we have children running around or learning how to bike and those deliveryboys drive like crazy, full speed and don't know any trafic-rule. Also they don't speak english so i don't want to see them at my house.

When i go there to get them i show my card but then they always ask me many questions and have to make a phonecall first before accepting my order. Why they can't read out my card to know that i am a real member?