Where are all the people in Bangkok?

mdmayes

My flight from Canada took around 24 hours with the two layovers and couple of hours of delays. The flight from Hong Kong was only 2/3rds full (its usually full). I just arrived in Bangkok on January 12 around 11pm. Went to get a taxi into Bangkok and there were absolutly no line ups. I have been coming to Thailand for the last 5 years and there is always a line up 10 people deep across 10 taxi stations. I thought that was strange but figured maybe I hit the taxi stand just at the right time.

Driving into downtown Bangkok I noticed the roads were deserted. I have never seen it so quiet on the roads. Made it to my hotel in record time, just over 200 baht. It is usually around 350 baht for the taxi ride to my hotel. Was checked in and showerd in 20 min and I was ready to go party at my favorate bars. Hit the streets and there were very few people out and about. Not the Bangkok I have come to know over the years. My favorate bars along sukumvit were all closed at 12:30. So I ended the night early and hoping tomorrow will be better.

Bangkok vendors/businesses must be hurting big time because of the lack out tourists. Is this what I can expect all over the LOS for my vacation this year?

Are other parts of Thailand like Bangkok?...deadsville.