will we be effected?

cashpower

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the bookings were organized by my staff and i am not aware of any warnings being given. nevertheless, we will be having some very stern words with the embassy if we are inconvenienced in any way. we were certainly not expecting to be herded onto public transportation like cattle with the local inhabitants.

Ahhhh, your staff. Very nice.

Do they watch TV? If they do they would have heard about this.

ok thanks i guess it is better than nothing it will have to do. very dissappointing that they close down the city like this without any regard for others. i hope this isnt a regular thing

You're serious, right?

no its a troll that has come out from under the bridge to play

purely for the investment opportunity. we dont have property in Monaco although we have been known to moor at port hercule on occasion. i am not putting down the locals, rather enquiring as to how this nonsense may effect us there is no need for the attitude i am getting. thanks for those who provided us the information without the insults. maybe those who have been unkind can realise that foreign investors are a huge aid to economies such as thailands.

OK, must be a troll, he can't be serious!

While I cannot speak for the rest of the expat community, I would like to offer the OP my personal apology for failing in my responsibility to keep order among the 60+ million Thais so that your upcoming trip will be successful.

I can assure you that I will double my efforts going forward.

Please help me with some simple math if you would. What is 2 x nothing?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

It's all about you, isn't it man? If you haven't stopped to understand the place you're looking to buy a property then you shouldn't buy here. Thailand is not for the timid.

There are a lot of things going on here and many people are sacrificing to make this a better country. The country is currently run by rich, corrupt people with no regard for the political process.

They buy votes and kill innocent people.

Maybe you should do some reading. It would do you good.

Next time go to Hawaii...

You are as funny as the OP. I cannot stop laughing,as it seems u know nothing about Thailand and Suthep,or khung puppy, abhesit

I went to the demo at Asoke intersection on 22 December just prior to a trip home to the states. It was peaceul, comedic and everyone was awake as compared to red demos where people were sleeping on footbridges and the streets near centralworld. Honestly, who lets their elderly relatives hop a ride to bangkok for free food and daily allowances only to sleep on the ground in broad daylight!

• Like 1

OP...

My advice would be to take boat taxi instead of a car...

Roads are all going to be blocked, but your hotel is on the river an there are a lot of canals around Bangkok

Will likely be a bit more expensive than a car in normal times, but am sure you don't want to spend all your time in traffic jams

You can do it your self or have the hotel line it up for you, although would likely be cheaper if you negotiated your self but may be easier to have the hotel do it

You can have the little boats run you around town... Their are piers within Walking distance of Central Pin Khlao... Also their is a boat dock right at the Mall Bangkapi..

In fact may have an interesting time if renting a boat with driver for the entire stay in Bangkok and may see some things differently than a lot of other tourists...

It is what you make of it... Lemons / lemonade ... Clouds / silver linings ...

If you want to have a good time, you will find a way to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

thankyou crossy, is the bts public transport? we are not really comfortable with public transport and would prefer a driver. we have already payed for the hotel

I am sorry cashpower but you to me seem to be the stereo typical farang. You seem to feel from what i am reading that the world should stop and bend over for you.

I am sorry if the present issues in this country are not gong tomake this trip all lovey doviey for you.

Also that fact that you seem to be above most people and that BTS is not worthy of you or your wife is a bit of a slap.

During the present time period the BTS is by far the ONLY way to travel without huge inconvenience.

As has been said cancel at the Shangrila and go str8 south. I feel that no matter what happens you are not gong to be happy in Bangkok.

The Thai people are heading to Bkk and demonstrating for what they believe are their rights and what is best for thier country and not to inconvinience you, Im sure this is pretty obvious.

You matter nothing to them and the sooner you realise this the better.

Good luck with complaining to to the government as every member on here knows they might even read your letter for a laugh in the office : )