When you want a relationship, but there are too many options...

jackspade

After going on a bunch of first dates with Thai girls, I finally decided to pursue one in particular.

I won't go into the reasons why, but I'm running into a problem with dealing with Thai womens' prejudices about foreign men (especially good looking ones in their late 20's).

I'm not really much of a playboy—or I was, back when I was in my early 20's, but over the past few years my priorities have shifted and I'm more of a one girl at a time type of guy. I just turned 27.

The problem is, all of the girls I've been talking to just automatically assume I'm a huge playboy, since I'm young and relatively good looking, and don't have a girlfriend. They all pester me with questions about how many girls I'm dating. One girl (with whom I dated for 2 weeks) even likes to casually ask me how my day is going and whether I had had sex on so-and-so morning.

In my homeland, part of attracting women is that they want you more if they think you're dating multiple women. Is this true in Thailand?

In other words, if a girl I'm into asks me if I'm dating multiple girls, what is the best response? Pure honesty? Because that sure don't work where I come from.

I haven't really gotten into anything resembling a relationship yet, but in the USA, being totally honest with a girl and telling her you like her and want to see only her is a surefire way to make her disappear with a flash of lightning. So, I'm loathe to tell this girl that I'm into her.

If she were from the countryside and was a true traditional Thai girl, of course I'd handle the situation with much more straightforward approach, but this young woman is educated with a professional job and speaks English.

Some of the guys I've talked to have told me that they tell the ladies they're dating that yes, they see multiple girls, and the ladies tend to be fine with that—but I'm not really one to date multiple girls at once.

Any musings on the nature of early relationships in Thailand, or is this a total judgement call?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, JLCrab...

If I thought all Thai women were the same, I wouldn't have bothered started this thread. Of course, maybe I just need to be broken and convinced that they are...

The women I've been meeting and/or talking to are between 20 and 30 years old, usually middle class, speak fairly good english, and have gone to university. A couple of them have even split the bill with me, surprisingly.

The ones I've maintained contact with haven't indicated any interest in my money, so I'm giving them a chance. They know I'm a schoolteacher here, so obviously, I'm not sugar daddy material at this time in my life. One or two girls I'd been seeing started asking me to buy them shit, but I quickly cut things off with them.

i claudius, I'm a math and English teacher here. Might stay and progress to University level, might not.

Edited by jackspade

Nice, JLCrab...

If I thought all Thai women were the same, I wouldn't have bothered started this thread. Of course, maybe I just need to be broken and convinced that they are...

The women I've been meeting and/or talking to are between 20 and 30 years old, usually middle class, speak fairly good english, and have gone to university. A couple of them have even split the bill with me, surprisingly.

The ones I've maintained contact with haven't indicated any interest in my money, so I'm giving them a chance. They know I'm a schoolteacher here, so obviously, I'm not sugar daddy material at this time in my life. One or two girls I'd been seeing started asking me to buy them shit, but I quickly cut things off with them.

i claudius, I'm a math and English teacher here. Might stay and progress to University level, might not.

Youre and Englisch teacher wich means you have no money and will never drive a lambo.

i faced a similar situation myself. my advice is to never marry below your station. middle and lower class girls can appear cute at first but you will soon tire of their ignorance and lack of social standing. in my case i had an investigator vet all the candidates as to medical history, education, etc etc and also investigated the relatives. i then had a short list from which i selected my wife based on her looks, personality and suitability for child rearing. we have had a long and happy relationship due mainly to me doing my homework and i am very happy with the children she has produced.

Mary Poppins, on 13 Jan 2014 - 19:09, said:
jackspade, on 13 Jan 2014 - 18:23, said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to replace the Lambo avatar with ... something related to Greece.

How about this?

images.jpg

So the guy behind STUD is Greek?.....Don't know him anyway.......