When you want a relationship, but there are too many options...

jackspade

Well done OP, when I first lived in Thailand I was only 25 years old and was a playboy myself....enjoy it while it lasts in your mind cos to most Thai birds you are just the idiot farang who really fancies himself and is 'heli-koptaaaaaaaar' and know too much thumbsup.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too date girls 20-30, but I am in my 50's and I don't have any problem with them. Take it easy Rico Suave, you have many good years ahead of you to fuc_k it all up, don't be in hurry.

ive rarely seen "likes" on girls fb pages of men their daddies age.

I was single in Bangkok from age 23 to 45. I got older but the girls stayed the same age. In my experience there is no need to rush, and stop chasing them, it just makes you look needy. Be what they want and let them do the work, or at least let them think it is their idea, not yours.

I know that was a long time ago but I can’t believe women have changed that much.smile.png

• Like 1

To answer your first question, women are turned on by pretty much the same things everywhere in the world regardless of their nationality. But of course it varies by individual. So the right reaction depends on the particular woman you date at a time.

To answer the second, pure honesty doesn't always get you where you want to get...it depends on you to make a choice based on what you want from that woman and her as a person.

On a side note don't be concerned about them calling you a playboy. I am your age and I can assure you they are not going to stop it especially if you look good. You have to pick one girl and prove her that you are loyal, that's it. I get the same all the time, that I have many women in my life and I always admit it. I tell them yes I do coz I am looking for the right one. So let's go have lunch, let me see if you are the one I have been looking for. I got rejected once because I had sex with her sister earlier but I had no idea she knew it.

Also, can you educate me on girls in the US I mean why is that a sure way to make her dissappear if I tell her I like her? I am a very honest person I always tell the truth because I am not concerned about what people think so I just say what I feel like saying. So in this case what the hell they expect you to say? Let's say you like the girl so you are supposed say that you don't? What kind of twisted way of thinking is that?

Anyway let's go find chicks together. If they assume you are a womanizer you can put the blame on me.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I too date girls 20-30, but I am in my 50's and I don't have any problem with them. Take it easy Rico Suave, you have many good years ahead of you to fuc_k it all up, don't be in hurry.

Where do you meet them? Just curious.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i faced a similar situation myself. my advice is to never marry below your station. middle and lower class girls can appear cute at first but you will soon tire of their ignorance and lack of social standing. in my case i had an investigator vet all the candidates as to medical history, education, etc etc and also investigated the relatives. i then had a short list from which i selected my wife based on her looks, personality and suitability for child rearing. we have had a long and happy relationship due mainly to me doing my homework and i am very happy with the children she has produced.

How big was the litter?

He has no idea. Nanny looks after them.

• Like 2

Nice, JLCrab...

If I thought all Thai women were the same, I wouldn't have bothered started this thread. Of course, maybe I just need to be broken and convinced that they are...

The women I've been meeting and/or talking to are between 20 and 30 years old, usually middle class, speak fairly good english, and have gone to university. A couple of them have even split the bill with me, surprisingly.

The ones I've maintained contact with haven't indicated any interest in my money, so I'm giving them a chance. They know I'm a schoolteacher here, so obviously, I'm not sugar daddy material at this time in my life. One or two girls I'd been seeing started asking me to buy them shit, but I quickly cut things off with them.

i claudius, I'm a math and English teacher here. Might stay and progress to University level, might not.

How you talk they are conning you You do not make enough for such women

Grow up and stop believing the junk you believe

(couldn't get the forum sw to quote the OP?)

In my homeland, part of attracting women is that they want you more if they think you're dating multiple women. Is this true in Thailand

In other words, if a girl I'm into asks me if I'm dating multiple girls, what is the best response? Pure honesty? Because that sure don't work where I come from.

I haven't really gotten into anything resembling a relationship yet, but in the USA, being totally honest with a girl and telling her you like her and want to see only her is a surefire way to make her disappear with a flash of lightning. So, I'm loathe to tell this girl that I'm into her.

If she were from the countryside and was a true traditional Thai girl, of course I'd handle the situation with much more straightforward approach, but this young woman is educated with a professional job and speaks English.

Some of the guys I've talked to have told me that they tell the ladies they're dating that yes, they see multiple girls, and the ladies tend to be fine with thatbut I'm not really one to date multiple girls at once.

The kind of girls you're targeting will definitely have higher standards than the upcountry rice farmer's daughters I prefer.

Obviously there is no one statement that would be true for all girls in any category, so of course everything I say is an (over)generalization, but I think it is true that Thai culture in general even among young people frowns upon what they see as promiscuity far more than youth culture in the earlier-developed west.

This doesn't mean you need to pretend you're a virgin, nor even that you haven't recently dated one-to-a-few other candidates in your search for Miss Right. However, if you really are a player, you will most likely be perceived as someone just after the goodies and not actually looking for a serious relationship.

This means you need to either learn to be very discreet (bordering on dishonest), or slow down and don't actually have sex with girls even if they're willing, until you choose the one partner you'd like to spend serious monogamous time with to see if you want to settle down with her.

It might be helpful if you're familiar with post WWII sexual politics attitudes in your own culture prior to the 60's. Remember the concept of "good gilrs"? For many Thais, this concept still applies, they may not actually need to be perceived as virgins in order to be viable marriage material, but they certainly can't afford to be perceived as "sluts".

And this would be doubly true for a TG dating a farang, since just walking down the street with you will cause 99% of the Thais looking at you to assume she's a whore.

Hope that helps.

Of course, Thailand is crammed full of women queuing up to get their hands on unskilled TEFLers with the prospect of one day reaching the heady heights of 40K a month with who they share zero cultural or linguistic compatibility....

Among the stock of dirt-poor rural farmgirls, that would actually be literally true.

And even among the working lower/middle classes (say family income between 6000 and 12000 per month in the country, 30% higher in BKK), as long as the fellow was reasonably attractive and actually a decent sincere guy, a certain segment of the girls wouldn't rule him out - and in fact that segment would be in turn more sincere than those that would.

i faced a similar situation myself. my advice is to never marry below your station. middle and lower class girls can appear cute at first but you will soon tire of their ignorance and lack of social standing. in my case i had an investigator vet all the candidates as to medical history, education, etc etc and also investigated the relatives. i then had a short list from which i selected my wife based on her looks, personality and suitability for child rearing. we have had a long and happy relationship due mainly to me doing my homework and i am very appy with the children she has produced.

Whatever floats your boat. Personally I would never consider a girl that had any level of English language, nor computer experience, nor much contact at all with the world outside her poverty-stricken country village.

But that's my preference - they certainly don't remain ignorant for long if they stay with me, and social standing has absolutely no importance to me at all. And I prefer most of my communications with an SO to be of the non-verbal variety.

To each his own. . .

turn it around, would you want to know if the girl you are dating is dating multiple guys? and if she is how would you feel? what would you do?

treat her as you would wish to be treated yourself.

That last absolutely true, so since I will always have multiple partners at any given time, therefore I have no problem with them doing the same if they like.

Health and safety issues are of course very important, but common-sense precautions are enough for my level of risk tolerance.

• Like 1

no offenses but its true girls who have no problem dating foreigners are either hookers or have the thought process of hookers. It game really isnt the same as with your home country girls.

This is a gross over-generalization. You must have an incredibly broad definition of hooker, nothing like the Thais. And/or you don't consider dating without sex?

As long as you are a respectable fellow and there is a respectable context for meeting, a very large percentage of TGs are perfectly happy to consider marriage to a foreigner.

The courting process must of course follow the requirements of her family and social circle so everyone knows you're not having sex, it takes a long time before you'll be able to spend any time without chaperones watching over you, in some cases not at all until after the ceremony.

But if you're willing to follow the rules, are reasonably secure financially, reasonably young and attractive, even the most respectable social circles contains many girls willing to consider you.

If you're looking for sex before marriage then you'll need to restrict yourself to girls free of their families' oversight willing to sneak around, but again if you're reasonably young and hansum there are plenty out there that won't require explicit compensation.

They will of course expect presents, to be taken on holiday, shopping etc, but I hope you don't see that as hooker mentality.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

i faced a similar situation myself. my advice is to never marry below your station. middle and lower class girls can appear cute at first but you will soon tire of their ignorance and lack of social standing. in my case i had an investigator vet all the candidates as to medical history, education, etc etc and also investigated the relatives. i then had a short list from which i selected my wife based on her looks, personality and suitability for child rearing. we have had a long and happy relationship due mainly to me doing my homework and i am very happy with the children she has produced.

LOL!!! What a lucky wife to have you!...

Shows how stupid some educated women are.

• Like 1

You clearly have some serious childhood issues and need to see a head doctor ,what a catch you must be to youre partner.Who did al these checks for you the NSA?

Cash man is a hoot ahhaaaaha

tongue.png .................. I'm actually starting to like your posts cashpower.

Certainly not a recommendation to others.................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

no offenses but its true girls who have no problem dating foreigners are either hookers or have the thought process of hookers. It game really isnt the same as with your home country girls.

You'll find the vast majority of Thai ladies are not hookers, and many who are interested in foreigners are educated professionals who are totally pissed off with the philandering and lies of Thai men, or have spent time overseas and look at things more internationally.

You drank the KOOL-AID man. I can count on one hand the times ive seen a hi-so thai woman with a farang boy.........................lol.

This is the most stupid comment I have ever read and Im howling with laughter right now. Oogster8 clearly wrote this from his bar stool in pattaya