Help needed ! Need to furnish my new condo but got no idea where to buy from ?

Need help from people with local knowledge of Koh Samui , I need to buy a kitchen ,do i need to go to Ikea Bangkok for this or can I buy here on Samui ? Its only small kitchen as the condo is a studio ,

Also I need to buy a good quality mattress and Bed

Air conditioning unit

TV

Fridge

High grade floor tiles

thanks in advance for any help with !!

i always find home pro expensive. are there any online options for ordering furniture that would do delivery, or allow pick up?

maybe not suited for samui, but on the mainland there must be some cheaper online alternatives to home pro / power buy / thai watsadu etc?

You can find it all one-stop in HomePro at the Tesco-Lotus centre in Bophut (Chaweng).

They will deliver free; install your nice kitchen, selected from a variety of designs; install the aircon; and set up your TV and fridge – however, they may not make glue your tiles to the floor, but they may be able to refer to someone who can do it.

Other possibilities are to shop around in special shops. Siri-something next to Makro (Tesco direction) at Bophut offer a huge brand-name selection of aircons, TVs and fridges. Fathawepon Décor between to the Fisherman Village traffic light and PPT gasoline station (Maenam/Nathon direction) sells high quality tiles. They also have some kitchen stuff.

There are a few dedicated kitchen suppliers, however the only ones I know of are in Maenam area.

Wish you good luck.

• Like 1

If you go to Homepro, ask for a discount card first.... you'll save a bit having that... (probably just for items not on sale) probably your best local bet for bedding stuff and decent mattress....they always seem to have them on sale Sealy I think, but still not cheap! )

Fridges, microwaves, TV .... blah blah ..... check around... Siresin, near Makro will probably offer a better deal on a package of items...or even single items if you negotiate a bit.... family run store, unlike Tesco Home pro, etc.... I found they were good to deal with for that kind of stuff.... delivery and set up too.

For tiles, the shop on the left side, after Maenam, in Ban Tai area, usually has good prices and selection to choose from...

But spend a bit of time looking around and price compare! .... wink.png Chain stores in Surat city will be the same prices as here... (Tesco, Hompro, Big C etc) ....

• Like 1

Or, you could just do it the old fashion way and make it all yourself and build it as well?

Might take you a few years, but hey. the satisfaction of patting yourself on the back and saying, "I did it all by myself!"

Be sure to wear a cowboy hat, Levis and boots. It'll be more convincing.

If you go to Homepro, ask for a discount card first.... you'll save a bit having that... (probably just for items not on sale) probably your best local bet for bedding stuff and decent mattress....they always seem to have them on sale Sealy I think, but still not cheap! )

Fridges, microwaves, TV .... blah blah ..... check around... Siresin, near Makro will probably offer a better deal on a package of items...or even single items if you negotiate a bit.... family run store, unlike Tesco Home pro, etc.... I found they were good to deal with for that kind of stuff.... delivery and set up too.

For tiles, the shop on the left side, after Maenam, in Ban Tai area, usually has good prices and selection to choose from...

But spend a bit of time looking around and price compare! .... wink.png Chain stores in Surat city will be the same prices as here... (Tesco, Hompro, Big C etc) ....

You can also bargain prices in HomePro – but may depend of how much you buy, for example buy it all at HomePro – and on top get points in your HomePro card.

Go to suratthani for more choices and better price.

The downside with buying from surat is that if you have any problems, you'll have to go back to surat.

But homepro has identical price in any outlets in the country.

Your best option is to just buy here in samui and let them install it for you.

Index shop in maenam also have good selections of pocket spring mattresses and beds and other furniture. Index prices should also be the same all over the country. If you're lucky, they may have some promotions going on.

I recommend you to stay away from those "cheap-charlie" no brand furniture outlets. The quality is usually shit and being a farang, you won't get a good price on anything.

Better to buy from reputable outlets which you can go back to if there's any problems.

Rule of thumb nowadays is usually that you get what you pay for. (most of the time)

The real benefit from a place like HomePro is “Service” – if you have a problem, they will help you with a smile.

Buying from smaller Thai-shops, you may get into the “Loss Face”-thing discussions, in case you may have any complaints – meaning, if something is wrong, but another from another store.

And right, bringing stuff in from Surat Thani – apart from a few brand names like for example Samsung, where there is a local service centre on Koh Samui (near Big C) – means you have to get back to Surat Thani in case of any service. Furthermore many prices may today be the same on Samui – now having chain stores like HomePro, Tesco, Big C etc. – in “old time” one could gain or save a lot from a trip to Surat Thani.

• Like 1

But homepro has identical price in any outlets in the country.

I dont know about Surat, but I just compared and noticed many things are cheaper in Homepro Bangkok than in Samui. Just to let people know, not that it would be worth going there ;)

Homepro?? Are you definitely sure about this? You remember exactly what things which were cheaper?

The prices are supposed to be identical on all outlets.

It's the same as BigC, Tesco, Tops, etc etc. All prices are the same everywhere.

Promotions and discounts, however may vary.

»Also I need to buy a good quality mattress and Bed«

About quality bed:

If you are looking for “quality” then don’t look at discount stores like Index and the like – that’s cheap stuff and seems little overpriced at Samui, compared to exactly same or so similar products, as you can’t tell the difference, when available from HomePro; that do have some nice quality beds.

Wooden designer beds in “Harvest” and “Yachon” brand from Apina in Chiang Mai (apina.co.th), can be found at “Green House” on the Tesco-side of the Ring Road between the two Chaweng-area traffic lights, between Tesco and Chaweng Noi at Lamai-direction.

There are two fairly big quality furniture stores; one is on the sea-side of the Ring Road in Bophut, Close to Big C and just before the Hill up to Makro; the other at the very south on the Ring Road between Muslim Village and the big water falls. The latter seems to be pretty much Thai-style design – little old fashioned or classic look – which of course is a question of taste.

• Like 1

Wooden designer beds in “Harvest” and “Yachon” brand from Apina in Chiang Mai (apina.co.th), can be found at “Green House” on the Tesco-side of the Ring Road between the two Chaweng-area traffic lights, between Tesco and Chaweng Noi at Lamai-direction.

I think the "Green House" .... is no longer, unless they have moved location... (?) They did have a fairly good selection... of furniture, from what I remember...

Really the OP or anyone needs to shop around, listing various prices from several stores, and compare "apples with apples"! Non of these stores are that far apart ! A few hours of time, not a big deal for major purchases like this ... One would do that in one's own country too! wink.png

• Like 1

I think the "Green House" .... is no longer, unless they have moved location... (?) They did have a fairly good selection... of furniture, from what I remember...

Really the OP or anyone needs to shop around, listing various prices from several stores, and compare "apples with apples"! Non of these stores are that far apart ! A few hours of time, not a big deal for major purchases like this ... One would do that in one's own country too! wink.png

This is big news – Green House was still there at the usual spot about a week ago. whistling.gif

Edited by khunPer

This is big news – Green House was still there at the usual spot about a week ago. whistling.gif

Oh w00t.giftongue.png .... thought last time we were suggesting furniture places a while back, some one said it was closed.... it seemed to have windows papered over last time I saw it... perhaps they were doing a make over! facepalm.gif

Stand corrected then ! ... carry on! thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Oh w00t.giftongue.png .... thought last time we were suggesting furniture places a while back, some one said it was closed.... it seemed to have windows papered over last time I saw it... perhaps they were doing a make over! facepalm.gif

Stand corrected then ! ... carry on! thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Yes, seen that too many times and in the beginning thought they were gone for ever, I think it’s some kind of curtains they use when closed and perhaps also as sunshade to protect the exhibition.

Homepro?? Are you definitely sure about this? You remember exactly what things which were cheaper?

The prices are supposed to be identical on all outlets.

It's the same as BigC, Tesco, Tops, etc etc. All prices are the same everywhere.

Promotions and discounts, however may vary.

I cant remember all the items in details now, it has been two months ago, didnt write it down. ;) When I visited Ikea in Bagna I also visited Homepro there to compare a few prices, just after I bought many things at Homepro Samui. Right now I can just recall for the tiles. All the tiles I bought in Samui for 199 baht have been 175 baht per sqm.

I am sorry to be unable to give you any more detailed proof ;) If I remember anything else I will tell you.

there is a kitchen company around manam - ban po area sells tekka stuff. all wester style stuff.

How long have you been here. just interested as most of the things you have asked for such as tv's extra you can buy them all over the place?

Just find it interesting how you can buy a condo and not know where to buy a tv fridges extra.

Yet you mamanged to buy a condo