Itchin' for some relief

avander

OK, some of you may be amused a little by this.

I have been here since September and no problems but in the last couple of weeks I have been attacked by what I think are mossies? Different to Oz where I seemed mostly immune but did get mildly itchy for a day or two these are clusters of a few large red welts and been itching like hell for nearly 3 days now. I have them in various places, neck, chest & on my upper arm.

It hasn't rained much for a while and wasn't a problem when we first arrived but I am seeing more and suspicious of the carwash nearby?

I've been using Stingose which relieves it for a short time only.

Are the Darkside mossies really this vicious and any suggestions on reducing the risk? It is weird though as I am most affected while my wife and daughter remain unaffected and my son has only a couple of bites?

Then use that tin of cream from 7/11.

Simbaht, the g/f calls it.

Small round tin. white outer circle. Green inner circle with a white band across the center with red writing. 23? Baht a tin. Apply liberally to cover the bite. Blessed relief :)

More mozzies do seem to be coming from the drains and sewers at the moment.

• Like 1

Sounds more like those tiny red ants that can get into damp towels and into clothes ?

+1

And they're tiny enough that you usually won't even see them.

Use the search function for ants- lots of good threads with suggestions to get rid of them.

At the same time, my apartment just started having mozzies again after a few months without. But there's no wondering about them. They're pretty obvious, unlike the tiny red ants.

• Like 1

Sounds more like those tiny red ants that can get into damp towels and into clothes ?

Thanks Peter and others,

Sounds like you may be right. We have been fighting a "tiny red ant" problem for a while. They have been in the bedrooms and kitchen. After some respite they returned with a vengeance in the last week or so. I've been using ARS powder which seems to decimate them and this week filled a small 1cm hole with silicone. The hole was made for electrical cable in the bedroom leading to our balcony. Also filled a couple of other holes I noticed ants coming and going from. Maybe my itches will reduce? They certainly pack a wallop!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by avander

Thanks Peter and others,

Sounds like you may be right. We have been fighting a "tiny red ant" problem for a while. They have been in the bedrooms and kitchen. After some respite they returned with a vengeance in the last week or so. I've been using ARS powder which seems to decimate them and this week filled a small 1cm hole with silicone. The hole was made for electrical cable in the bedroom leading to our balcony. Also filled a couple of other holes I noticed ants coming and going from. Maybe my itches will reduce? They certainly pack a wallop!

"Ars powder", arent you worried about the rest of your body?

Thanks Peter and others,

"Ars powder", arent you worried about the rest of your body?

Thanks, I read a Fact Sheet from the US on the main chemical www.google.http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypermethrin . Seems like we need to take the normal care and precautions with this compound but from studies so far does not appear diabolically toxic to humans. The reaction to these ants bites was very unpleasant and has left me and the children in some considerable discomfort for a number of days.

I would rather have something that killed off the whole nest but so far have been unable to find any products of this nature in the normal supermarkets here? In Australia I found a granulated product called Antex was great for ridding us of ant infestations in and around the home.

I was working in the garden last week and got bit several times by somethings. Not sure what it was, but the bites swelled up big time, were hot, and itched like hell. Went to boots and the pharmacist gave me triamcinolone cream. It was fantastic. Didn't itch at all.

I was working in the garden last week and got bit several times by somethings. Not sure what it was, but the bites swelled up big time, were hot, and itched like hell. Went to boots and the pharmacist gave me triamcinolone cream. It was fantastic. Didn't itch at all.

The cream sounds great. I guess everyone's reaction is different but the reaction I had to the bites was not as bad but similar to when I contracted Chicken Pox as an adult. Tingly hot (if I got at all sweaty myself) and very itchy on and off for about 4 days with large red clustered welts. Stingoes (aluminum sulphate I think) was effective but not for very long. I had a clear cream in my med kit called Soove. It worked quite well for longer than Stingoes and was mainly lignocaine, a topical anesthetic.

Edited by avander