Likelihood of success - 6 month visa

I am intending on going to Laos (Vientiane) pretty soon to apply for a 6 month tourist visa, but before I do I thought I may as well see what people think about my success rate so if it's unlikely I will get it, it's not a lot of money and wasted trip.

Firstly, does anyone actually know whether details/visas etc. from a previous (UK) passport are carried over (in a system or otherwise) and attached to a new passport?

Secondly, will 2 consecutive border runs (30 day allowance given both times) be taken into account by officials and affect my chances or not?

Third, and lastly (I think!).. If I am denied the 6 month visa, am I given a 3 month visa instead, or do I just have to return to Thailand and go try somewhere else? Would it affect my chances elsewhere on 3 month visas?

Many thanks :)

Not really sure what you are looking for.

If it's a tourist visa you can get either a single or double entry. Upon entry you will get 60 days permission to stay which can be extended at immigration for 1900 baht.

The validity of the visa is 3 months from the date of issue. If you get a double entry, you can make a border run on thee "must enter by" date on the visa and get another 60 + 30 days. So effectively you can get almost 180 days permission to stay with one border run and 2 extensions. The first entry get 60 days, extend for 30, make another entry on the last day the visa is valid and get 60 days and extend for 30 = 180 days.

If I was unable to show this as most of my money is now in Thai banks, would I still be able to get this visa or am I risking my chances?

As long as the money has been transfered into your account form outside the country it would not be a problem.

The reason for showing the money is from outside Thailand is to prove you are not working illegally.

Normally showing proof of you is not asked for but it is a good supporting document to include with your application if you have a lot of tourist visas.

Visa exempt entries are not counted. They do not have records of previous visas that would link to your new passport.

Ok, thank you for the advice, so really I should be fine without them but should bring copies anyway just in case... Money was transferred from a UK account a long time ago so hopefully I can find that in the statements, and I was working as a teacher before (I had all the correct visas/permits at the time, as can be seen in my passport) so I am sure it should be pretty self-explanatory.