Cycling Documentary

Deserted

Fascinating. I have great respect for the achievement, but honestly, 20 hours per day on a bike at 30 kph and more doesn't sound healthy to me. If I ever get the chance to cycle across the USA, I would want to have a chance to see the sights and sounds, take in the landscape and talk to people. One of the advantages of the reduced travel speed of a bicycle -as opposed to a car- is that one gets a better impression of the things that pass by. Well, I guess, I don't have the race mindset.

Cheers, CM-Expat

• Like 1

Fascinating. I have great respect for the achievement, but honestly, 20 hours per day on a bike at 30 kph and more doesn't sound healthy to me. If I ever get the chance to cycle across the USA, I would want to have a chance to see the sights and sounds, take in the landscape and talk to people. One of the advantages of the reduced travel speed of a bicycle -as opposed to a car- is that one gets a better impression of the things that pass by. Well, I guess, I don't have the race mindset.

Cheers, CM-Expat

It was a race. Some people like racing, some people like touring.

I'm with you - I think that sort of racing is lunacy, but he didn't seem like a loony.

SC