Bangkok's peaceful protest surprises tourists

webfact

Oh come on don't go there. Don't comparearrow-10x10.png a violent mob that killed, looted and burned down parts of Bangkok with peaceful protestors. Bangkok's image is luckily improving so no need to make up stories again LivingLOS
From my memory the Reds started setting fire to buildings after the Army went in and killed 90 people

How can you even try to justify the burning down of buildings ?!

Maybe you should try some facts before you post crap like this.

For the thousandth and one bloody time, 92 was the TOTAL number of people killed in the red shirt RIOTS of 2010. Yes some were red shirt idiots HOWEVER a number of them were bystanders, 2 of them were reporters and a number of them were soldiers who were killed by the reds / men in black. At least 20 soldiers were killed before the crackdown started, they were killed by the reds. So get that straight for a start. How many dead were actually red shirts and how many killed during the crackdown ? Try doing some real research by yourself and work it out instead of just parrotting the bullshit the red lovers tell you.

Edited by tingtongteesood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahaha, there are only about 50000 fascists clowns in bkk, mostly paid with 2000 baht and send with buses from the souht to bkk but media still talking from the "big shutdown" fact is the leader suthep of this fascists yellows has failed again. hope he is with other leader soon in prison.

hahaha, there are only about 50000 fascists clowns in bkk, mostly paid with 2000 baht and send with buses from the souht to bkk but media still talking from the "big shutdown" fact is the leader suthep of this fascists yellows has failed again. hope he is with other leader soon in prison.

Ahh ...... The other "LEADER" is On The Run in Dubai .........coffee1.gif .

...oh...don't worry...just stay another 3 or 4 days....

Always one isn't there, some 'Nostradamus' who knows exactly what is going to happen. And there you were thinking day 1 would lead to violence, day 2 almost over and still none. You must be super disappointed...

I know, you are experiencing the world around you very selectively, but as far as heard or read, there were threads of kidnapping (or even killing) from both sides, several shootings, "bombs", the looming thread of an air-security-takeover...

All things you will clearly find in a dictionary, if you look up the term "peaceful"!

And "no", I am not dissapointed- it's great that nothing more happened...yet!

But I guess, in your little world of yellow fluffy rabbits, things will stay this way forever...peaceful...and no coup on the horizon!

Isn't it great to see the world through the eyes of a child?!

...a 4 year old child?

Since you started slinging insults, actually for your information I am very good at ignoring the bs and just seeing the truth. Unlike you with your brainwashed 3 year old red propaganda addled brain that believes everything the red lovers tell you.

Nobody has been kidnapped and that was a poor translation, they were talking about keeping people effectively under house arrest ( stopping them going to work ) which is rather different to bundling someone into the back of a car and speeding away...I have stated previously that I think it is a bad idea though.

Shootings of protestors as well as police and no proof at all as to who did what. Of course I am sure you blame the protestors 100%, even the protestors were shot by protestors, right| ?

There is no ''looming thread(t) of an air-security-takeover...'' that isn't going to happen.

Only thing we can agree on is that it is great how peaceful the protestors are. Shame the reds keep trying to stir things up in their cowardly night attacks....

And for the millionth bloody time the protestors and Sutheb do not want a coup. They know that would bring the reds here and nobody wants that ( except the government ).

there are only about 50000

Looks like a lot more than that to me. The reds always claimed they had over 100,000 and that was just from Centralworld to MBK. This area is currently overflowing with protestors and there are many others in other places too.

fascists clowns in bkk

The only clowns I saw recently were the red shirts. I don't see any of them in Bangkok at the moment. but I see many tens of thousands of people who want the corrupt government of criminals ousted so they will stop damaging the country for the interests of a fugitive on the run in Dubai.

mostly paid with 2000 baht and send with buses from the souht to bkk

There is copious evidence the reds were paid in 2010, I have yet to see any proof the anti government protestors are being paid. If you have some then share it here and show me how wrong I am. If not please stop spreading lies.

I agree the 'leader' should be in prison but seems Thailand has no extradition treaties with Dubai or Montenegro which is why he chooses to stay there....

...oh...don't worry...just stay another 3 or 4 days....

Always one isn't there, some 'Nostradamus' who knows exactly what is going to happen. And there you were thinking day 1 would lead to violence, day 2 almost over and still none. You must be super disappointed...

I know, you are experiencing the world around you very selectively, but as far as heard or read, there were threads of kidnapping (or even killing) from both sides, several shootings, "bombs", the looming thread of an air-security-takeover...

All things you will clearly find in a dictionary, if you look up the term "peaceful"!

And "no", I am not dissapointed- it's great that nothing more happened...yet!

But I guess, in your little world of yellow fluffy rabbits, things will stay this way forever...peaceful...and no coup on the horizon!

Isn't it great to see the world through the eyes of a child?!

...a 4 year old child?

Since you started slinging insults, actually for your information I am very good at ignoring the bs and just seeing the truth. Unlike you with your brainwashed 3 year old red propaganda addled brain that believes everything the red lovers tell you.

Nobody has been kidnapped and that was a poor translation, they were talking about keeping people effectively under house arrest ( stopping them going to work ) which is rather different to bundling someone into the back of a car and speeding away...I have stated previously that I think it is a bad idea though.

Shootings of protestors as well as police and no proof at all as to who did what. Of course I am sure you blame the protestors 100%, even the protestors were shot by protestors, right| ?

There is no ''looming thread(t) of an air-security-takeover...'' that isn't going to happen.

Only thing we can agree on is that it is great how peaceful the protestors are. Shame the reds keep trying to stir things up in their cowardly night attacks....

And for the millionth bloody time the protestors and Sutheb do not want a coup. They know that would bring the reds here and nobody wants that ( except the government ).

So happy, your crystal- ball's working so well!

Any chance, you could look for the lottery numbers?

I didn't say anybody was actually kidnapped- I said, there were threats! (the generals daughters, remember!?) and the "putting them under house arrest" of course...oh well...mai pen rai!

What the f&%$ are you on about the shooting- thing? Where did I even remotely comment on who did it?

But since you ask: I guess you have hard evidence about the "who" as well?!

There IS a looming thread!

Read the news, for a change!

Will it actually happen?

I don't know...but good that you do!

And for the millionst time: I am not a red- sympathizer!

...and about the coup: I beg to differ!

Maybe the protesters (very likely) don't want one!

Suthep...well...back to your crystal ball! (speak about brainwashing!)

Looks like a lot more than that to me. The reds always claimed they had over 100,000 and that was just from Centralworld to MBK. This area is currently overflowing with protestors and there are many others in other places too.

fascists clowns in bkk

The only clowns I saw recently were the red shirts. I don't see any of them in Bangkok at the moment. but I see many tens of thousands of people who want the corrupt government of criminals ousted so they will stop damaging the country for the interests of a fugitive on the run in Dubai.

There is copious evidence the reds were paid in 2010, I have yet to see any proof the anti government protestors are being paid. If you have some then share it here and show me how wrong I am. If not please stop spreading lies.

I agree the 'leader' should be in prison but seems Thailand has no extradition treaties with Dubai or Montenegro which is why he chooses to stay there....

fascists clowns in bkk

i can´t explain a blind how the world looks and a deaf not how music sounds :-D therefore i will tell you suthep and the others are withe sheeps and really democrats.... even i told you a lie right now because you don´t see :-D

you won. i can´t explain a blind how the world looks and a deaf not how music sounds :-D

funny was not only today talking with farangs living here about politics. the majority are agist the reds because they hate reds in generell because reds mean for them socialits or communists. yes, really only for the color red. very intelligent people, hahahaha

The general rule of thumb is that protests are messy business. But this particular protest has become a model for them. It is peaceful, exuberant, and in an unintentional seal of approval from the administration, is now not only being plugged as a peaceful demonstration, but the protest has now even become a tourist destination ! If anything, the path towards victory for the protests now seems clear, as the administration has now backed itself further into a corner regarding the contemplation of future retaliation. This makes it much, much more difficult for them to assume that stance. The aim of the protest is to wear the administration down, and it's inevitable that that will happen at some point. The remarkable and noteworthy thing is that it is doing so through peaceful means. And what we have been seeing on TV has really told the tale. Some will look at the protest with bemused scepticism, take out their abacus and say " Did you see that photo ? Look ! Look ! There's only five people under that tree ! " But for normal observers, it is quite a spectacle. And a remarkable one at that. Imagine, masses of people on the streets having a great time, waving flags and blowing whistles. And that - is the power of the people.

Very uplifting, romantic, creative post out there in la-la land.

yes, masses of people in the city of tokio or somewere else. from the fascists in bkk i have seen only a number between 40.000 and 60.000. and this number tells the international media too. of course, all of them are paid from yingluck :-D

This time, i agree with TAT, people will remember the protests of 2010 and the burning of BKK by the reds. Leaders on stage talking about benzine and making BKK burn. Now these protests are different, while i do admit there has been violence to but not on the same scale.

How much violence was there on day 1 of the red protest ??

And how much military force was used against them ??

Apples and oranges so far no..

There are several things to keep in perspective. First, the earlier days of the red-shirt protests were not particularly violent. Probably on a similar scale as these have been, with some killings and some incidents.

Second, this gov't is determined not to use some of the cruel tactics used by the Democrats against the Red-shirt protesters, although it remains to be seen whether they can hold to that promise.

Finally, a lot of the people in this protest are from Bangkok and there is a tendency for people not to poop on their own doorstep. During the Red-shirt protest, the majority of people were from outside of Bangkok and that made for a very different mindset.

I don't think we can adequately look at it until it is over. And it ain't over yet.

Couldn't agree less. Especially the cruel tactics part. You guys still haven't learned have you? Abhisit used force after 20 security officials were killed. Much to late imo.

Just hold on to your propaganda for a better opportunity. Now we are celebrating peaceful protests.

"Abhisit used force after 20 security officials were killed"

That's just <deleted>, the 2010 protests were peaceful 'till the army started shooting, and these protests have been far from peaceful.

Protests can suddenly become dangerous and violent. Opposing sides. Opposing opinions and goals. Ill intentioned trouble makers.

Most of us have been in places where everything seemed normal, then suddenly all "Hell brakes loose".

At the moment it appears as tho a boring "stalemate". Each side trying to wait the other out to give up.

Can't see either side giving up. Unfortunately tempers will flare and/or one side will make a move at an "end game".

This time and all the other recent Protests have all started relatively calmly with some pre-protest incidents.

Without warning, things Exploded.

I fear this this Protest will be no different than before.

And it's for this reason I cannot fathom why these people drag their innocent children along. Unwitting victims when and if the violence erupts.

Sent from my tin can via string