Quick Question about the Interest Tax Refund procedure.

I too am interested in this. Where does one go to reclaim the with holding tax on term deposit interest paid. I have the statement from BKB but have no idea where to take it? Is there a long queue when you get there? What paperwork is required. Google tells you nothing and when you get a mobile number all you get is canned music a real baht burner.

You get your tax slip on your first visit to the tax office ,you do not need it for the bank letter ,

Elgordo38 where are you? in Pattaya the tax office is next door to the main police station on sukhumvit in Banglamung ,i was in and out in 10 minutes you need your passport ,photo copy of front page and photo copy of your last page in bank book ,plus bank book.

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 1

I too am interested in this. Where does one go to reclaim the with holding tax on term deposit interest paid. I have the statement from BKB but have no idea where to take it? Is there a long queue when you get there? What paperwork is required. Google tells you nothing and when you get a mobile number all you get is canned music a real baht burner.

go to the bank interest rates in this forum you will find all the info you need.

You get your tax slip on your first visit to the tax office ,you do not need it for the bank letter ,

Elgordo38 where are you? in Pattaya the tax office is next door to the main police station on sukhumvit in Banglamung ,i was in and out in 10 minutes you need your passport ,photo copy of front page and photo copy of your last page in bank book ,plus bank book.

Thx for answering. What concerns that bank book that i need, i do no more have the fixed deposit books because

the lady at the bank told me that it had no use anymore when the deposit matured. But i have ofcourse my savings

account book with all the fixed deposit transfers in it. Can i use that aswell?

I don't know how it works elsewhere in the country but in Chiang Mai all you need is a tax certificate from your bank detailing interest paid and tax deducted, the tax office doesn't want to see the book or copies of it - just did mine yesterday. BTW fixed deposits only, not regular savings accounts. Take the bank tax certificate to the Revenue office along with some ID and they'll give you a tax number, thereafter fill out the refund form and recieve cheque three weeks later, max. refund = THB 29,100.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

Thx for answering. What concerns that bank book that i need, i do no more have the fixed deposit books because

the lady at the bank told me that it had no use anymore when the deposit matured. But i have ofcourse my savings

yes. but the letter must be for this book ,i take it you are paying tax on two accounts? you need the book and photocopy of last page for each claim,by the way the bank should not keep your old book but should return it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

yes. but the letter must be for this book ,i take it you are paying tax on two accounts? you need the book and photocopy of last page for each claim,by the way the bank should not keep your old book but should return it to you.

Well, she gave it back to me and then i filed it in the waste bin ... :-(

Again, the tax office (in CM at least) is not interested in seeing passbooks or copies of them, just the letter/certificate from the bank.

• Like 1

Again, the tax office (in CM at least) is not interested in seeing passbooks or copies of them, just the letter/certificate from the bank.

Hi, I been to the BkkBnk and they will give me a statement (have to pick it up today) about the 3 deposits i had there but of whom i no more have the orange fixed deposit books. Costs 500 Baht.

Edited by Jack Mountain

They do not charge for the letters at SCB bank, you should point that out to them since it appears you are a good customer.

Normally, when you have the books, then there is no charge. I know that because i have the book of a recently matured deposit at an other BkkBnk branch => no charge.

• Like 1

Hi, I been to the BkkBnk and they will give me a statement (have to pick it up today) about the 3 deposits i had there but of whom i no more have the orange fixed deposit books. Costs 500 Baht.

I've never heard of any bank charging for the tax certificate, I'd be tempted to tell them to get stuffed! Historically they've been free (for me) at Kasikorn, BAY, CIMB and UOB, I don't see why BBL should be any different.

@CM

Since i don't have the books anymore, they have to dig their paper archive to create the statement ... waiting time 5 days. They also could have said BYE BYE NO statement.

Ah, I overlooked that part, it's just that I have this propensity to want to tell banks to get stuffed, any chance I get. laugh.png

Good luck with it all.

• Like 1