Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

Lite Beer

Thaksin's attempt to threaten Yingluck with being thrown into prison yesterday so she ( he ) could cling on - was not a particularly brotherly thing to do. One assumes he doesn't have her welfare at heart, with such clap-trap. Press sources have indicated that she wanted to step down yesterday. But Thaksin ( yes, the man who PT supporters insist has nothing to do with this administration ) would have nothing of it. Chalerm has been a waste of space in every capacity he's been placed in. And no one on the planet has issued more empty threats than he, which none of the supporters of this administration take the slightest note of. So when others pose empty threats - well ! they must really mean it ! Get protection for Chalerm, quick ! When in fact, nothing of the kind will happen. And everyone knows it. The sad thing for Chalerm - is that after the administration has quietly stepped down, no one's going to be paying the slightest attention to him. This protest has had three distinct and consistent characteristic : Peaceful. Peaceful, Peaceful. The supporters of this administration really can't stand that. They can't eat their breakfast. And so it will remain a peaceful demonstration. No one will apprehend anyone. In this country particularly. Never happened, never will. But fear not. There is still time to pray for a stillborn parliament. Still time to pray for perpetual dissolution. For those who consider that just peachy, good for you. The rest of Thailand will carry on, however, blissfully waving flags as they are, blowing whistles, and beaming broadly for a country they believe can be free of corruption.

Really? You write this in response to the news that Suthep is threatening to kidnap 5 cabinet ministers? Please tell me that you made a mistake and are on the wrong thread - otherwise, this is nothing but babble in the style of the Dear Leader himself.

Then you write:

This protest has had three distinct and consistent characteristic : Peaceful. Peaceful, Peaceful.

I'm guessing then that you believe that Wednesday's planned takeover of the Stock Exchange will be a peaceful takeover.

That the kidnappings now threatened will be peaceful kidnappings.

That the threatened blockading of Thai air traffic control will be peaceful. And that any planes that are unable to land safely will crash peacefully.

That the taxi driver rendered unconscious was beaten peacefully.

That the bus torched in Ramkhamhaeng was burnt peacefully.

That the coup that Suthep is desperately trying to force will be a peaceful one.

Your naivety and gullibility are truly breathtaking. I am at this point assuming that you are 12 years old.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did I hear that right?

Yep he wants kidnapping adding to the list of charges he already faces

Let's see on the charges...

Murder - check

Insurrection - check

Kidnapping - pending

Not talking about all the civil charges (Defamation, etc) - though here defamation can be a criminal offence as well......

Is somebody bored enough to keep a list? Might be amusing....

Suthep didn't murder anyone you twit.

And I will believe this kidnap lark when somebody provides a copy of a video clip of him saying it...Anyone.....?

Suthep announces to hold cabinet ministers captive

1-14-2014-9-12-33-PM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced Tuesday night to hold cabinet ministers captive starting from head of the Center for the Administration for Peace and Order (CAPO) Surapong Tovichakchaikul.
He said protesters would block their houses and hold them captive and bring them to sit in the summer sun.

He said Surapong, the foreign affairs minister and CAO head would be the first to be held captive, followed by Labor Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, Deputy Prime Minister Pol Gen Pracha Promnok, Education Minister Jaturon Chaisaeng, ICT Minister Anudit Nakorntap, Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasob Suraswadee, and Pheu Thai party’s secretary-general Poomtham Vejayachai.

He said these cabinet ministers are key persons who advised and encouraged the caretaker prime minister not to give up or yield to the demand of the protesters.

The move was to paralyze the caretaker government, he said and vowed to block all offices which the government move in to work.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-announces-hold-cabinet-minister-captive/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=suthep-announces-hold-cabinet-minister-captive

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-14

• Like 1

Suthep seems to have miscalculated in two respects.

First off, he wants to close down government, largely by blockading government buildings. But he always announces what he is going to do a week or even two weeks in advance. This gives a largely static enemy enough time to react and make arrangements for skeleton service to continue. To be most effective, he needs to strike with speed and without warning. He could use his own storm troopers for the initial blockade and then supplement them with a rallying call to normal Thais.

Secondly, he needs the support of normal Thais so that he has some weight of numbers and give credence to his claim to be acting for and on behalf of the people. But calls for violent criminal acts may alienate the very Thais from whom he needs support.

As a possible wider issue, inciting violence against the government in general and against the Shinawatra family specifically, make it easier for Thaksins claims of his criminal conviction being politically motivated, to be given credence by western media. Not an immediate issue, but one that maybe useful to Mr T in the longer term.

If Suthep wishes to preside over a revolutionary spring consisting of a peaceful uprising by the people, he should stick to that theme and avoid violence or calls for violence. He also needs a few more million people out on the streets.

And please don't respond with facts, rumors and suppositions of what red shirts have done in the past. I am talking about the current situation, not past history.

The problem with what you read in the Thai Media can be very twisted

For example 1 Media said They are ready to kidnap member of parliment

another said the will arrest them under people power

so which one is correct

I agree about the forward warnings

But when you live in Thailand long enough you know this is the Thai way

Police will raid Pattaya beach next tuesday looking for Lady boys

Wednesday news

Last night police crack down was a total success on ly 1 lady bot was arrested

Thursday

236 Ladyboys back on the beach

Bend with the wind my friend

Do not fight it, it will drive you crazy

• Like 1

It would appear that Suthep is now clutching at straws, the Bangkok shutdown while successfully shutting down areas of the city has not got him any closer to his goals.

As long as the PTP and the police leave the protesters alone the movement losses momentum as protesters desert to go back to work and the people of Bangkok start to lose their patience.

Now its a case of doing whatever they can to get the blood spilling for the coup Suthep has wanted from the beginning.

Oh come on that is total bullshit ! Please stop spreading lies....He doesn't want violence or a coup because he knows it will just bring the red terrorists back.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

If the government says yes to a May election 70% of your protestor including my wife and her friend say they have what they want and come home

Unfortunately there is the small thing in the constitution that mandates elections after parliment is dissolved. Therefore if there are no elections then present caretaker govt can be tossed into the monkey house. There is no way to get around this I am afraid, so elections will proceed and what happens happens.

so if the dems signed documents to say they would oppose such charges being laid against Yingluck, she would agree /????

Ever hear of a song called DREAMING

Or its her own brother who will lay the charges

I think you should take your own advice with the song "Dreaming".... who would lay charges - jeez these clowns lay charges for looking the wrong way and you dont think if she stepped away they wouldnt try to stick it to her. Any rate elections will be held so this is a moot discussion.

How about a 5,000 baht bet on this site in writing

their will be no final election on Feb 2nd

I agree to pay you if there is, how about your convictions ?

• Like 1

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced Tuesday night to hold cabinet ministers captive starting from head of the Center for the Administration for Peace and Order (CAPO) Surapong Tovichakchaikul.

He said protesters would block their houses and hold them captive and bring them to sit in the summer sun.

He said Surapong, the foreign affairs minister and CAO head would be the first to be held captive, followed by Labor Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, Deputy Prime Minister Pol Gen Pracha Promnok, Education Minister Jaturon Chaisaeng, ICT Minister Anudit Nakorntap, Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasob Suraswadee, and Pheu Thai party’s secretary-general Poomtham Vejayachai.

He said these cabinet ministers are key persons who advised and encouraged the caretaker prime minister not to give up or yield to the demand of the protesters.

The move was to paralyze the caretaker government, he said and vowed to block all offices which the government move in to work.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-announces-hold-cabinet-minister-captive/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=suthep-announces-hold-cabinet-minister-captive

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-01-14

He really should wear a hat or cap. He's been out in the sun so long it has addled his brain.

It would appear that Suthep is now clutching at straws, the Bangkok shutdown while successfully shutting down areas of the city has not got him any closer to his goals.

As long as the PTP and the police leave the protesters alone the movement losses momentum as protesters desert to go back to work and the people of Bangkok start to lose their patience.

Now its a case of doing whatever they can to get the blood spilling for the coup Suthep has wanted from the beginning.

Suthep IS getting to his goals. Yingluck has assigned her icecream gang to hold meetings with all parties concerned to see if the elections can be delayed. Now Suthep, strategically, is going for the next step.

Suthep doesn't want a coup. He wants Yingluck to give in. The army also wants Yingluck to clean up her own mess. Thaksin wants a coup in order to blame the army for interfering with democracy.

By the way, in case you were wondering, this is Yingluck's ice cream gang.

chalerms-ice-cream-gang-560x373_zps748fe

Out of likes but I think you are spot on. I am getting so fed up of all the lies spread by the Sutheb haters as though they were facts.

Just because they were elected it doesn't make their crimes legal and just because you have a biased opinion against someone, it doesn't make it fact....

• Like 1

Can this guy say and do whatever he wants or is the government/military going to step in? Kidnap government officials, seriously?

A couple of days ago a red lunatic threatened to kidnap the 2 girls of the army chief "dead or alive".

Yesterday the reds put a 500,000B bounty on Suthep's head

Ask yourself the same question

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This guy is the leader of this party, the reds are not. If the PM said this, then you would have a leg to stand on.

Suthep is not a leader of any party

Suthep IS getting to his goals. Yingluck has assigned her icecream gang to hold meetings with all parties concerned to see if the elections can be delayed. Now Suthep, strategically, is going for the next step.

Suthep doesn't want a coup. He wants Yingluck to give in. The army also wants Yingluck to clean up her own mess. Thaksin wants a coup in order to blame the army for interfering with democracy.

By the way, in case you were wondering, this is Yingluck's ice cream gang.

chalerms-ice-cream-gang-560x373_zps748fe

Out of likes but I think you are spot on. I am getting so fed up of all the lies spread by the Sutheb haters as though they were facts.

Just because they were elected it doesn't make their crimes legal and just because you have a biased opinion against someone, it doesn't make it fact....

Looks like the woman on the right is used to holding more in her hands than an ice cream. Ooer!!

• Like 2

And I will believe this kidnap lark when somebody provides a copy of a video clip of him saying it...Anyone.....?

Nice timing. Any comments now that this is posted?

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-01-14

Whilst generally i am a supporter of this movement, i think this announcement/move is idiotic, crazy and is likely to see this movement crumble and fail.

Wrong move Suthep!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696581-suthep-threatens-to-capture-five-caretaker-cabinet-members-pheu-thai-secretary-general/page-12?p=7291287#entry7291287

Served...

• Like 1

A "lost" bullit (?!)in the head took that redshirt military colonel" seadang" out for much less than this..by unrest in 2010., double standards ?? no not in Thailand ....whistling.gif .(people around him stayed untouched ...)rolleyes.gif

Edited by david555

Can this guy say and do whatever he wants or is the government/military going to step in? Kidnap government officials, seriously?

A couple of days ago a red lunatic threatened to kidnap the 2 girls of the army chief "dead or alive".

Yesterday the reds put a 500,000B bounty on Suthep's head

Ask yourself the same question

This guy is the leader of this party, the reds are not. If the PM said this, then you would have a leg to stand on.

That red leader writing threats on his FB page have to be prosecuted as now also Suthep has to be too.

Threating phisically member of government wasn't a smart move...

Edited by newcomer71

Why would anyone want those 4 for anything?

For gross incompetence, corruption, mismanagement and theft amongst other charges.

Jeez: incompetence, corruption, greed, mismanagement, theft, lies are standard human genes, 100% of mankind have them. jail every human being???

Are you excusing them because they are human? It's an opened ended question that you really can't answer.

Just turn on the telly - it's the top story on most news channels - with subtitles in English on Channel News Asia.

Just turn on the telly - it's the top story on most news channels - with subtitles in English on Channel News Asia.

other International news also distributed it already

Suthep seems to have miscalculated in two respects.

First off, he wants to close down government, largely by blockading government buildings. But he always announces what he is going to do a week or even two weeks in advance. This gives a largely static enemy enough time to react and make arrangements for skeleton service to continue. To be most effective, he needs to strike with speed and without warning. He could use his own storm troopers for the initial blockade and then supplement them with a rallying call to normal Thais.

Secondly, he needs the support of normal Thais so that he has some weight of numbers and give credence to his claim to be acting for and on behalf of the people. But calls for violent criminal acts may alienate the very Thais from whom he needs support.

As a possible wider issue, inciting violence against the government in general and against the Shinawatra family specifically, make it easier for Thaksins claims of his criminal conviction being politically motivated, to be given credence by western media. Not an immediate issue, but one that maybe useful to Mr T in the longer term.

If Suthep wishes to preside over a revolutionary spring consisting of a peaceful uprising by the people, he should stick to that theme and avoid violence or calls for violence. He also needs a few more million people out on the streets.

And please don't respond with facts, rumors and suppositions of what red shirts have done in the past. I am talking about the current situation, not past history.

The problem with what you read in the Thai Media can be very twisted

For example 1 Media said They are ready to kidnap member of parliment

another said the will arrest them under people power

so which one is correct

I agree about the forward warnings

But when you live in Thailand long enough you know this is the Thai way

Police will raid Pattaya beach next tuesday looking for Lady boys

Wednesday news

Last night police crack down was a total success on ly 1 lady bot was arrested

Thursday

236 Ladyboys back on the beach

Bend with the wind my friend

Do not fight it, it will drive you crazy

More balanced reporting of an unbalanced mind

Thailand protests: an on-stage duel

http://blogs.channel4.com/world-news-blog/flambuoyant-duelling-heart-thailands-protests/26695

C4 news

w00t.gif the unedited version is even funnier, you can see Dr Seri getting more and more annoyed when asked a simple logical question, and the bit about corruption being endemic and his reply saying yes but its too much....He almost sounds jealous. LOL serves Thailand right for encouraging corruption so much then ... a corrupt system will always breed ever more corrupt players...

excellent link thanks for the giggle

Red shirts and Taksin have taught him all to well if you recall red shirts trying to kill Abahist when he was PM while he was in his car or where they only trying to kidnap him

I like it and agree 100% this government deserves nothing and i mean nothing and as saying goes hanging is to good for them for what they have done