Ok folks, it's time for me to do it: from visa-exempt entry to

retirement extension in Thailand:

Arriving in BKK without a visa on the eve of the Bangkok shut down, I got a permission to stay stamp in my US passport good for 30 days till 10 Feb. Thursday and Friday this week - shutdown notwithstanding - I'm going to:
1) on Thursday go to the US embassy on Wireless Road for the affidavit of income.
For step 1) I'm going from ABAC area, taking a taxi to BTS Prakanong then hopping onto the skytrain and getting off at Ploenchit. Will walk from there to the US embassy. My question at this stage is whether the affidavit already exists as a template/form at the embassy or I will have to type/write one up myself. If it exists as a form does it leave a blank to fill in the income amount, or is it already set at 65K as monthly income into Thailand or 800K already in a Thai bank account? Are these figures up-to-date? And the embassy will charge me 50 usd for this document?
2) on Friday go to Immigration in Ladprao to convert my non-visa status to a non-immigrant type "O" visa for the purpose of acquiring a retirement extension later on.
For step 2) I will take the MRT and get off at Ladprao Station, then take a taxi to Imperial Ladprao. I will need the affidavit from the embassy of course, my passport and form TM86 filled out with "for the purpose of retirement" as reason for application. If all documents are in good order then the immigration officer will stamp into my passport a non-immigrant type "o" visa and mark it "used" right away with an extension of stay good for 90 days from the date the visa was issued ie the date that I applied for the change? and the cost will be approx 2000 bht.
3) after 45 days from the above date I will go to immigration once again, this time with another up to date ie latest affidavit of income from the embassy and apply for a retirement extension that is good for one year. The form to be filled will be TM7 and reason for extension will simply be "retirement". My questions are a) The extension will be one year from the end date of the 90 days extension given previously to the non-immigrant visa? The cost for this extension application will be approx 2000 bht? Do I need photos, proof of residence {if so what kind of document would be satisfactory), etc? c) an application for multiple reentry is to be submitted also if so desired at this point and the cost will be again approx 2000 bht. (I know the amounts have been posted many times before but forgive me I'm never good at remembering the correct amount, so the approximation is good enough to figure out my budget).
I know many of the above questions have been asked ad nauseum previously, but I guess it would be a good update for all concerned if I presented a blow-by-blow scenario of the well travelled (but often feared) road. Wish me good luck and any input/correction wherever is needed is very much welcome, thanks.

1. You can find link to download or fill out the income affidavit and link to make an appointment to do you your affidavit. Appointments are mandatory. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html

2. You will fill out a TM87 since you have a visa exempt entry the TM86 is for a tourist visa entry. You will need copies of your passport photo page, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Fee will be 2000 baht.

3. The extension will start at end of 90 day entry you got in step in 2. Fee is 1900 baht.

The only photos you need are for the application forms. Again copies of your passport photo page, visa and entry stamp and departure card. You may be asked for proof of address.

A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht a multiple is 3800 baht. You fill out a TM8 and attach a photo. You will need same copies as for the extension plus your extension stamp.

"...whether the affidavit already exists as a template/form at the embassy or I will have to type/write one up myself. If it exists as a form does it leave a blank to fill in the income amount, or is it already set at 65K as monthly income into Thailand or 800K already in a Thai bank account?"

The US Embassy has nothing to do with your 800k in a Thai bank if you choose to use that option. For that you will need a letter from the bank.

If you choose the option of some income and some money in the bank, totaling 800k, you'll need both a bank letter and the form from the embassy.

"...after 45 days from the above date I will go to immigration once again,..."

You might want to check and make sure they'll do the extension that early. some offices will, but others still want you to come in within the last 30 days of your current permission to stay.