Protesters threaten to strengthen anti-govt movement

webfact

Protesters threaten to strengthen anti-govt movement
By Digital Content

13897500315065.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 15 – An anti-government group has vowed to escalate their movement if the government insists on holding the general election on Feb 2.

Uthai Yodmanee, coordinator of the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT), said the group will strengthen its non-violent activities to cancel the snap poll.

He charged caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra with attempting to exploit democracy for the benefit of her family’s businesses.

The group has set today as its deadline for the caretaker government to resign but Mr Uthai would not say if the group would seal off the Aeronautical Radio of Thailand and the stock market as threatened.

The main anti-government movement, the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), stood firm that the functioning of the two critical agencies will not be disturbed by protesters.

Mr Uthai said NSPRT will file a petition with the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), charging caretaker Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan and caretaker Education Minister Chaturon Chaisaeng with instigating Red Shirt activists during their speeches on stage at Rajamangala Stadium.

He said the pair appeared on stage on the same day as Ekapob Lue-ra, also known as Tang Acheeva, who made a libellous statement against the monarch and has been in hiding since.

Ms Yingluck may be involved in assisting Mr Ekapob, he alleged.

Mr Uthai said NSPRT called on police to report investigation developments in the murder of two protesters, Thaweesak Pohkaeo and Wasu Suchantabutr, and a guard, Yuthana Ong-art, in separate attacks on Nov 30, Dec 26 and 27. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-15

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"said the group will strengthen its non-violent activities to cancel the snap poll"

Non-violent my butt. They are the most violent anti-government group. 45 years old dropouts, drug popping, southern thugs calling themselves students.

"He's as blind as he can be,

Only sees what he wants to see"

John Lennon (Nowhere Man)

20x20xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.w

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

"said the group will strengthen its non-violent activities to cancel the snap poll"

Non-violent my butt. They are the most violent anti-government group. 45 years old dropouts, drug popping, southern thugs calling themselves students.

Do you have any facts to support this because I think you are just regurgitation a bunch of lies for the sake of posting something.

I do, and you do also you just fail to believe what is in front of your eyes.

Photos don't lie.....

post-30549-0-65686200-1389756383_thumb.j

Edited by BKKBrit
  • Like 1

RT @tulsathit: RT @Tulip_Oum: Rice farmers from 5 northern provinces to block Asia Hwy 117 Pitsanulok-Nakornsawan on Jan17.-@NationChannel24

RT @tulsathit: RT @Tulip_Oum: The farmers said last protest was to ask for rice price pledging scheme money. This time is to oust govt.-@NationChannel24

It would certainly seem as if there are even more protesters about to join the anti government movement.

Looks as if the rice growers have yet again been lied to by the puppet government. Now, there's a novelty.

Those Thaksin P.T.P. puppet government promises are indeed having consequences regarding their actions or in this case inaction's.

Promises are only as strong as the person who gives them ...”

• Like 2

xBd--45gCUAIFSxD.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CBrB6m

Certainly looks like they need to strengthen the protests!

In this picture the aim is to shut the junction down. Its shut down, closed, traffic is not passing so why do they need to strength the protest? I hope the PDRC achieve a better Thailand for all the people.

Edited by uty6543
  • Like 2

Do you have any facts to support this because I think you are just regurgitation a bunch of lies for the sake of posting something.

I do, and you do also you just fail to believe what is in front of your eyes.

I do mate.

I see my family in the north east come to protest

I see my family I the lower north east do the same

I see my driver go to protest

I see my maid go to protest

I see my colleagues go as well

NOBODY paid to demonstrate - quite the opposite. Southern? A few are but no more than 15%

I see many thousands of people paying money to the protesters

I see the photos of the students - 45 years old my ass

Drugging? That's just slander

I would suggest that they are losing out big time on the payments.If you seriously think that money is not being paid/ free food not being given etc the your glasses are most definitely rose colored.

• Like 1

Perhaps my recollection is off, however I think the Red Shirts in 2010 were considerably more violent. Or perhaps you are saying that they are the most violent of the current groups protesting against the government? What percentage are dropouts 45 years old or older? What percentage are drug (illegal?) users?

• Like 1

In this picture the aim is to shut the junction down. Its shut down, closed, traffic is not passing so why do they need to strength the protest? I hope the PDRC achieve a better Thailand for all the people.

It's shutdown because it's being allowed, simple as that. Zero interference from state agencies. That's her play. I would imagine this is exactly what he didn't want. Just brings into focus the lower than hoped for numbers.

I also hope for a better Thailand. Through dialogue and just a little bit of effort to consider other people.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just another Farlang wanting to be a hero in his own lunch time

I think you took this picture way before the march

therefore it's a total lie, I thought people in this forum are suppose to share the truth and not otherwise..???!!!

"He's as blind as he can be,

Only sees what he wants to see"

John Lennon (Nowhere Man)

wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” - Soren Kierkegaard

“Living is Easy with Eyes Closed.” - John Lennon

Clearly written by someone who has no clue, no eyes and possibly no ears. Clearly never been to meet the humble sincere people sitting on the streets of Bangkok. Family people, men and women... no sight or smell of popping drugs, so sight or smell of thugs and certainly no violence amongst the groups. Oh, I know, you must be a reporter for a newspaper!

• Like 1

My thought exactly. It would hardly be possible to weaken the protest.

and which side of barrier is picture on - use your brain but whatever if its that feeble why can't police or government control the capital and leave it in hands of so few protestors

A very sad and very fluid situation. Many people of high position in the Kingdom have bet the farm on these street demonstrations. So far they have failed because the political majority have not taken the bait (violence). Just as these so called democrats have renounced their sworn duties to remain representatives of their Party constituency they are fouling their own nest's - Bangkok. after all is their own constituency. Pheu Thai should just ignore them ...

It appears that Mr. Thaksin has outsmarted them again.

Edited by thaigold